LCD Damn Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/damn-reincarnation/

Hamel, a warrior who traveled with his colleagues to exterminate the devil. Yet, he died just before the battle with the devil started.

“Yes.”

What the hell?

He was reborn as the descendant of his fellow warrior, Vermouth.

The descendant from the bloodline of the great Vermouth, Hamel. No, he was now Eugene Lionhart.

“It was already enough me having the delusion that I was a genius in my past life. But… this… It’s… It’s incomparable.’

From a dying body to a new body, he has the achievement that he did not have in his previous life.

And, a reincarnation of an unknown origin, the reality of living together with the demons.

Facing a new world where everything is questionable.

The journey of the unfinished previous life begins with Eugene’s body.

-------------

Noticed this one didn't have an LCD...not that LCD's are that active anymore but still. here it is. I like it so far, but can't help but be impatient for the story to ramp up.

Darkaeluz likes this.
  2. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like it so far, because the mystery surrounding him and what happened 300 years ago that he needs to uncover

Nom de Plume likes this.
  3. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    yeh like wtf were his colleagues up to, where is sienna, why was he resurrected, why are the lionhearts as OP as they are, will Eward ever not be complete trash, will his mother get her due for fucking up her child, we'll see what happens.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    Nom de Plume, imafire and Darkaeluz like this.
  4. Darkaeluz

Darkaeluz 『Whosays25 Onii-chan』, 『He who gave up on Love』

Reading List:
    Link
    The bigger one, why aren't the demon lords dead and does it have any connection to his reincarnation?

Nom de Plume and imafire like this.
  5. Namaewa_ARV

Namaewa_ARV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is an interesting story. Can't say very original, but still the art is cute.

littleoctopus likes this.
  6. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more interested in what Mer doing while Eugene faints for 2 hours, she says he didn't piss, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who knows, maybe it is to cover some naughty deed.... something like checking his 6 pack, even for witchcraft waiting for 2 hours without doing anything seems like a waste of time

7. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    ... She is based off of sienna as a child. I do not think she's doing anything like that >_>

8. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Even her mental age is always a child, she is quite experienced now and there is White Tower master that I suspiciously teach her some unnecessary knowledge..... Somehow I feel the mystery is deepened

9. fantasy

fantasy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even with his talent, it's gonna take a long time to catch up to the strongest characters it looks like. I assume there's not gonna be any 100-year-long time skips so I'm looking forward to the future power-ups.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice, like the novel.

11. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    “And, a reincarnation of an unknown origin, the reality of living together with the demons.”
    This is the part that is truly confusing. So far we’ve only seen that they had a ceasefire right? The phrasing had me expecting friendly demons. Hamel has only been living with fam so far so maybe I just need to wait for the setting change.
    (In the manga he is just now going to the magic tower. I’m considering reading the novel and popped over to see if anyone has mentioned if Hamel will have romantic interests yet. I’m concerned because this story feels like it wouldn’t work well as a harem. Hamel has potential as a dense harem protagonist, but it would overcrowd the plot. The demon conspiracy is much better for the author to focus on.)

I have a strong feeling that the changes after his death had to do with the shock his team felt at his sacrifice. It seemed like MC was overly focused on his ‘rivalry’ until that point, so he would have been the last one expected to make the ultimate sacrifice for his self-proclaimed rival right? I suspect Vermouth in particular made some kind of deal to have MC revived. He may have even purposefully turned himself into a stud horse to speed up Hamel’s appearance (if he knew he would come back as his descendent) or otherwise strengthen the human race to prepare for when the conflict resumes.

On another note, I was introduced to Berserk right before I read this. I didn’t really get into that one after I found out where its story goes, but there is some odd overlap Damn Reincarnation. The scarred Hamel who views their team leader as a rival and friend is reminiscent of Guts. The beautiful pale and ambiguous Vermouth who could easily turn out to be the greatest hero or the greatest villain looks oddly similar to Griffith. Seeing these back to back makes me feel like I’m reading a ‘What if the main character of Berserk died before their friendship could go terribly wrong?’ scenario. I’m not a Berserk fan, so I’m not actually trying to compare the stories. The plot itself is too different. I just can’t forget the superficial overlap in character settings and it makes me giggle a little. I’m hoping Vermouth isn’t as psychotic as Griffith though. Fingers crossed. Really looking forward to how the mystery will actually unfold.

Naraku and ShipTeaser like this.
  12. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it feels like sierra will be one of his love interest. That's why in the fairy tale he was written as her admirer. That's also why she focused on magic instead of getting married. She can't get married when the man she loved died

Nom de Plume and ShipTeaser like this.
  13. ShipTeaser

ShipTeaser Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so. Although I like Ciel quite a bit too... she's giving out the 'please notice me' vibes but he's not biting...

Nom de Plume likes this.
  14. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Please no, Ciel love forces her way through and if she follow Carmen it would be something that can repel Eugene more

15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    What if ciel is sierra

Nom de Plume likes this.
  16. Parth37955

Reading List:
    Link
    nah. I feel like there's too much foreshadowing that sienna isn't dead. too op to be killed. which means she could be in hiding...it is pretty sus imo that vermouth is dead.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  17. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    It is kinda impossible because if she is Sienna, Eugene would be the first to know. No matter how dense Eugene is, he should be familiar with Sienna's habits and Eugene never compare both habit. If Eugene often asks himself how Ciel acts like Sienna and thinks maybe Sienna reincarnated too it would be a big hint, but none so far

Nom de Plume likes this.
  18. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be an interesting twist if the deal was for them all to reincarnate near the same time. Too bad no one Vermouth like appeared in his fam so it’s not likely… unless he’s the strong and pretty uncle??? Haha. I agree that Ciel doesn’t seem to be like Sienna. She’s too focused on swords to be a magician. I’ll say in advance that this is a joke, but if anyone reincarnated into Ciel it would be one of the dudes who focused on martial arts. :blobpopcorn_cool:

——

The only thing clear right now is that something sus went down. Do the novel raws reveal the specifics of that ‘deal’? Any confirmation of the official romance target(s)? :aww:

I actually don’t mind Ciel that much beyond the overly sexualized comments I’ve seen about her making me uncomfortable (not on NUF, other sites). She honestly has the potential to be a very complex character if the author pulls it off right. She always has this happy go lucky smile, but has been raised by a scheming mother and is not nearly as naive as she portrays. I’ll be disappointed if her character growth stops because of a crush on the MC. :blobcatblush2:

I’m worried my expectations will get too high because I’m really starting to get into the story. So bring spoilers~ ::blobcatsmile::

19. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea something sus went down, more will be revealed with best girl and vman and why best girl went missing in the woods...

Nom de Plume likes this.
  20. Cellan

Cellan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just read the Manhua, and wanted to know, is Ciel the main heroine? I also noticed the harem tag which usually sucks too :(