Recommendations What are you currently reading and enjoying...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Kezzalm, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Kezzalm

Kezzalm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As the title says, what are you currently reading and enjoying. It doesn't have to be your all time favourite and can be any genre. I thought this might be a good way to find new recs as I'm always looking for new things to read...

Below are my two recs. One I've just finished, and one I'm currently reading. Both are Korean novels i'm reading on ridibooks that are easy to read despite mtl.

I'm not going to be a genius
    MC is a genius that is reborn. In his first life he was exposed as a child genius and had a tragic ending. In this life he tried to live his childhood as 'normally' as possible. A lot of content was devoted to the role and activity of a mathematician, but the butterfly effect created by several regressors was also significant.
    There is lots that I enjoy about this book. It avoids some of the usual cliches of face slapping (although there is some revenge) and while the MC ended up well off there was no taking over the financial, technical or academic world.

A previous life was a genius
    MC was a music genius in his past life that lived during the time of Mozart. Due to ALS he was physically unable to play instruments/music although he corresponded with a wide range of musicians. He is reborn to modern times.
    I'm really enjoying this story. No system, no revenge plots, no romance (so far). Just the MC living and suceeding in life as a musician. If you enjoy https://www.novelupdates.com/series/genius-of-a-performing-arts-high/ you should like this one

2. Namaewa_ARV

Namaewa_ARV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. xiao Yi

xiao Yi I told you to forget me but you stayed by my side.

Reading List:
    Link
    Nr: Lovers always on the counterattack

My lover has always been a little pitiful, but he will eventually turn into a big BOSS;

My lover has always been in love with me at first sight, but I also think he is very pleasing to the eye.

My lover has always been jealous, but I didn’t know what he’s jealous of. It is really troubling.

My lover has always had two faces; the face he shows others and the one he shows me which are completely different. It’s very confusing…

Bai Duan: This is my life. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

ฅ'ω'ฅ still on the ninth arc. Its an "alright" QT novel. A bit cliche and boring at times, but the concept of giving the ML a pov in every arc is okay.

Kezzalm likes this.
  4. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  5. WhiteMim

WhiteMim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Hollywood System
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/490835/hollywood-king/
    Will, an aspiring director and a college student was busy dreaming about becoming a successful figure in Hollywood when he found himself on an alternate earth.
    The world is almost the same, but wait... all the celebrities, brands, and even renowned works from his world are no more!?
    Armed with the Hollywood System, Will Evans will rise to the very pinnacle of stardom.
    MCU and DC? I will create them!
    F.R.I.E.N.D.S and the Office? I will write them!
    Harry Potter and the Lord Of The Rings? I will direct them!

------
    Debut or die
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/debut-or-die/
    A student who was preparing the Civil Service examination for 4th year, suddenly he found himself in an unfamiliar body 3 years ago.

As well as a status window displaying a threat in front of his eyes!

[Outbreak!] [Status Abnormality: ‘Debut or Death’ Occurs!] A diary about the transformation of the main character, who was suddenly challenged to be an idol even though he has never been in the industry before due to sudden threat of death.
    ※Speciality: He used to take and sell idol’s data.

Kezzalm likes this.
  6. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something about someone reincarnating as Louis XVI in 1770 , 19 years before the revolution. Poor UK.

shunheng likes this.
  7. Ash_Kira

Ash_Kira I find a unique taste in savoring Dazai's knives

Reading List:
    Link
    Ghosts Know What I Experienced

Ever since he was little, Xi Jia’s yin energy was strong, so every day he saw and ran into ghosts.

One day, he accidentally broke the protection amulet.

Celestial Master Ye Jingzhi happened to pass by and helped.

Are ghost catching Celestial Masters all legit masters?

WeChat official accounts, Taobao online shops, looking at gossip tabloids every day.

Since then, Xi Jia has refreshed the lower limit again and again, and met a group of completely unreliable Celestial Masters.

Binding spirits, doppelgängers, the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor, the ghost market of Poyang…

The door to a new world is slowly opening.

Kezzalm likes this.
  8. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the Fated Villain

Kezzalm likes this.
  9. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading :- Become the villain wife after transmigrating
    ( Don't fall for the name, this novel is literally lit )

Kezzalm likes this.
  10. Kezzalm

Reading List:
    Link
    I couldn't find this one. Can you add the link please.

Esha07 likes this.
  11. Kezzalm

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one I'm currently reading.One of my all time favourites 'The Hitting Zone'. This one is an original novel on webnovel so it doesn't appear on novel updates.
    Summary
    After a near death experience thanks to his own mother, Jake Hollander has an adverse reaction to people, baseball, and family. His feeling of abandonment is slowly lost thanks to his foster family, The Atkins. They take him in and change his mind about everything. He becomes more open, better at baseball, and craves for family. Slowly all wishes are granted.

I'm copying part of EliteCreature review because it aligns so well with what I want to say.
    --------------
    !Warning! This novel contains quiet protagonist who ISN'T shameless, is working to overcome true life adversity, and DOESN'T fall out of character whenever plot devices are needed.

All characters obey their character designs, and act within the bounds of personality limits. The plot flows well, and doesn't get ahead of itself.

Preethu likes this.
  12. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished A Complete Explanation of the Negative Textbooks for the Imperial Examination. So nice to see a crafty, ruthless regent princess. She's the FL. The MC is male.

Now reading I'm the Vicious Cannon Fodder in the Book. It's a BL.

playeratfault likes this.
  13. Esha07

Reading List:
    Link
    DojaDoge likes this.
  14. DojaDoge

DojaDoge Formerly known as Ms.EliteNEET

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Deleted member 343155

Deleted member 343155 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol It's better to be the empress dowager is exactly the reason why I start reading I Became The Step Mother Of My Ex Husband cuz it's by the same author. I really enjoyed IBTBTED. Seems like our taste in novels is quite same:blobxd:

DojaDoge likes this.
  16. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently reading 重生1990之人要低调 (People Who Born Again in 1990 Should Be Lowkey) - MC got hit by lightning and come back to 1990, he didn't want to attract much attention so he tried to keep low profile when doing business. He got his first pot of gold by selling antiques then invest to his friend's bun shops and state-owned wine factory. People regard him as normal teenager because he went to school as usual and only high level cadres know that he has shares in the wine factory.

17. SgtAura

SgtAura New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how about i energy with a system?

18. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently reading Inside An Adult Game As A Former Hero and The Main Heroines are Trying to Kill Me. Both novel was unique in their own way, but sadly I finish both till latest release already and in need of other novel to read.

lordmerlin and spitfirefox like this.
  19. Esha07

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished the previous one until it was translated!
    Currently reading : The Buddhist girl transmigrated into a book ( MTL )

Not someone asked me to read LOTM like months ago and I just like read one chapter and left it for months lmao

20. Kezzalm

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading it and was enjoying it to start with, but as I read further I started to get bored as it's a bit repetative i.e. I want money so I go and buy and sell antiques. I'm going to be low key, but I throw money around and expect that in a small village no one will know etc. Does it keep going in that vein or does it get better?