Recommendations An OP BL MC!!! Want!

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ficklyfrim, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Ficklyfrim

Ficklyfrim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently binged I Opened a Clinic in the Apocalypse. Also the other two works of the same author.

So I think I've finally understood my cup of tea when it comes to BL MCs.
    What I'm looking for isn't plot similarity (apocalypse settings are a plus) but the similarity to the mc, Wen QingLing. Iirc, I knew of this novel from another recomm thread looking for an mc that is op and just breezes through the apocalypse, but I can't find the thread again orz.
    The MC is truly overpowered, even stronger (imo) than the ML. I liked it very much.
    He's apathetic to a lot of things and is cold (even to ML to a certain extent) which makes me think that he's detached from what's happening in the novel world.

Any setting (transmigration, time travel, ancient, office, etc.) is a-okay! It doesn't matter if the MC is career-oriented, just want to see MC showing off here and there. ML can stand in the background. ^w^

Thanks a lot.

2. ngard

ngard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    have you tried "Seme Protagonist" type of novel?
    Its quite difficult to find novels where the bottom is stronger than top

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  3. wandrer

wandrer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can search 'overpowered protagonist' along with some other tags like cold protagonist, power couple, etc. And exclude seme protagonist. Also most of the survival and horror novels have op Mc.
    • My husband is Suffering from a Terminal Illness

Giratina and Ficklyfrim like this.
  4. ShadowAscetic

ShadowAscetic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Like The Man Who is Said To Be a Villain - MC is a healer, maybe his ability isn't stronger than ML but he's a manly 180cm tall man and he's the base leader, meanwhile ML is a patrol team leader (?).
    For career-oriented Shou MC I do recommend Back To The Beginning of Ming To Do Charity (King MC x General ML)

Giratina and Ficklyfrim like this.
  5. Ficklyfrim

Reading List:
    Link
    I know... which is why it's kind of fate I read Apocalyptic Clinic, orz. If possible I would like to read what I stated. Now that you mention it, I remembered Counterattack of a White Lotus that was Reborn into an Apocalypse. Shou was clearly stronger between Mc and him, MC caught up along the way. I would like to read from shou's perspective though.

Oh, I became a god in a horror game is an example too. Any MC similar to the two of them is a yes.

Thank you! I had bad lucks using multiple tags so I haven't tried this one yet, I'll check. I love My husband is Suffering from a Terminal Illness too, the ending has been stuck to since I've finished it QvQ.

I haven't read the latter yet! Thank you very much!

I Like The Man Who is Said To Be a Villain. This recomm also made me add how I love doting shous. I've had enough of gongs doing the doting. It's fine if it's mutual doting too.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  6. Evalanche

Evalanche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hellow it may be my thread where you got this recommendation, glad that we have the same tastes ehehhehe

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  7. egosumqt

egosumqt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try these:
    1. Everyday, Boss Is Pretending To Be Weak (completely translated)
    2. Lord of End of World (completely translated)
    3. President’s Exclusive Alchemist (translation dropped so you'll need to MTL)

Pretty sure this will meet your requirements.

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  8. Lehiye

Lehiye Flopping Fish At The Market

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is the NPC Frightened by me Again?

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  9. AX-Skye

AX-Skye ˚۰˚☽˚Wandering Magician˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Reading List:
    Link
    I was once a legend. Just finished it, so good! The mc is the op in physical while ml in iq. The mc is also cold In the beginning, like literally emotionless. So you'll like it :)

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  10. Ficklyfrim

Reading List:
    Link
    1 and 3 sound promising and 2... well, it seems to be a harem... in an apocalypse, so I'm torn. I haven't had a chance to explore this yet... seems like it'll be soon. Many thanks~ I love time travel settings hehehe ^w^

*squints eyes* it says- sand sculpture ml... hm, many thanks *shoves into the frontline of reading list*

yas! i can tell i'll love it! thanks! I've only read the synopsis but i already have expectations. let ml face hardship while mc watched calmly mwehehehehehhe ^w^ well it's fine if there's no scene like that orz

AX-Skye likes this.
  11. AX-Skye

AX-Skye ˚۰˚☽˚Wandering Magician˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

Reading List:
    Link
    That actually does happen! Ahh.. I'm not gonna give you any spoilers cuz, that'll make me sad that I finished it.. qwq

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  12. Ficklyfrim

Reading List:
    Link
    300+ chapters is a lot for the busy bee me and I'm quite torn between this and that sand sculpture, so I'm giving in to both. Thanks a lot~!!

13. Payiavue

Payiavue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Transmigrated into the film emperor's death-seeking fiance
    I'm not human
    In the future, my whole body is a teasure
    Who touched my Tail!
    Rebirth into an Interstellaer Marriage
    Interstellar Favorite Superstar
    The young general's wife is mr.lucky
    Live broadcasting Raising Dragons in the Interstellar
    The Interstellar Male God (MC is seme)
    I'm using the Interstellar Live Broadcast to Raise Cub
    After getting Amnesia, I accused my gong of trying to steal our children (idk if the mc is op)
    God-level Stone Gambler
    Yin Yang Eye GunGun's Marriage Contract
    The Number One Star in the Interstellar Era

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  14. Ficklyfrim

Reading List:
    Link
    i remember quite a few of them... they're good but i think some of the mcs in this list are squeamish(?? I'm not sure if the word is right but it's close?) I'm currently looking for apathetic mcs but thank you, I'll add some of them to my readinglist~ :love:

15. Payiavue

Payiavue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want apathetic MC, then what about Retirement Life.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/retirement-life/

Ficklyfrim likes this.
  16. Ficklyfrim

Reading List:
    Link
  17. cywscross

cywscross Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can give these a try, all the MCs are good at what they do, they stay calm in the face of fire and nothing makes them panic. They certainly don't need an ML swooping in to save them.

- Global Examination -- Cold/calm/smart!MC in survival game. I wouldn't say he's way more powerful than ML but he's at least on equal footing and can def hold his own. Worldbuilding, plot (twists), and romance are all well-written imo. This is completely translated.

- The Trial Game of Life -- Cold/calm/smart!MC also in survival game genre, fights very well. I actually haven't finished this one, translations were so slow I put it down a while back and am still waiting rip T_T But I read about 20+ chapters and it was pretty good. Compared to MC, ML has a more easygoing vibe.

- Supernatural Movie Actor App -- Calm/Smart!MC in survival game, I wouldn't say he's particularly cold, though he does have a ruthless streak. He's more the smiley gentleman type I guess? Polite and friendly enough with others but independent and competent. Some people might consider this one a bit weird because the ML is the second personality in MC (he's diagnosed with multiple personality disorder but there's an explanation for that that we find out later, it's part of the plot). MC is basically the brains here, ML is the brawn, and they're both OP. This is completely translated.

- Psychic -- Detached/calm/overpowered!MC, this one combines a modern slice of life setting with the supernatural. MC isn't actually human and he's super knowledgeable and capable when it comes to dealing with the supernatural (there are other psychics who work in this field but basically nobody is stronger than him). The novel delves into human nature and explores some pretty heavy topics. It actually took a while for me to figure out who the ML is, like I had a good guess but this novel isn't romance-focused so ML is not even there for half the chapters so far. But ML is a psychologist and didn't even believe in the supernatural at first. He's smart, but in terms of strength, MC def stands out more. Translations are still ongoing (up to ch91 atm), and CG is doing it so you need a password from their discord to access the chapters.

Hopefully you'll like at least one of these!

18. Shunako

Shunako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wow helpful info some title I read already and some are not. Hehehe thanks and sorry for being an extra just found some interesting title:blobparty::aww:

Is Physics really good I been trying to read but the 1st chapters translation is hard to read. Can you tell where you read it other sites maybe?

19. cywscross

cywscross Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m following Chrysanthemum Garden’s translations, if that’s the one you read, maybe try a few more chapters? It’s been a while since I read the beginning but I do remember that it was a little confusing since the novel was setting up the MC’s backstory and it launched straight into the supernatural worldbuilding. I think it should smooth out after a couple chapters though once the novel gets going.