Spoiler Lightning Degree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lazyprinzez, Feb 6, 2021.

1. haibara

haibara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Few questions since I keep reread the manga and I still don’t get it(I won’t try read the mtl cause it makes me question my brain)
    1) is there like different sides or clans in this society? There’s like hongrong (one of mc friend) from where I think his brother is the one who kill a whole village (makes me think hongrong might be on the bad side tho his personality seems ok to me), and there’s like one where yerin’s dad is the leader, baekdo ?and like shadows, muyong? And he is aiming to be muyong master? The old looking guy Mc friend (I forgot his name) from? Basically,I’m confused cause it seems like some politics play is going on but I don’t know a single thing, but I guess they all have one common enemy which is the blood god and it’s 4 minions?
    2) kinda useless one but I do believe mc is the strongest one in his friend group right?(i fell that he’s the strongest in the whole school….) And I wasn’t sure how old they all are ?(except mc I think he’s 20, and old guy is in his 30s?)
    3) based on few of the spoiler I read, if ice and fire guy master used to be mc’s master discipline, why their martial art look quite different? Does that mean master know different type of martial arts?
    4)I wonder how fml will develop feelings to Mc? She already dislike man, plus mc kinda have a bad reputation in school. I think Mc will know fmc identity first than fmc know him, plus how is he gonna tell her that he is a girl back then (lol) must be embarrassing .

Last edited: May 9, 2022
  2. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only answer this one:
    Yes he is the strongest without a doubt haha
    Their current ages:
    Ryu-yeon: 20
    Hyo-rong: 25
    Junho: 20 (or is he 18?)
    Jang-hyung: 30s or 40s 25
    Moyong-hwi: 20 (iirc)

3. FaranFluffy

FaranFluffy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know if this is a Harem?

4. haibara

haibara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
    [Spoilers] ok, sorry to disappointed you that this is not a spoiler, I’m the same as you who asked for spoilers, not the ones who provide spoilers but since you asked this, and I actually think it thoroughly, I will give you my thinking and explanation why I don’t think it’s a harem.( I put spoilers bc I will include spoilers in my reasoning)
    1) just my gut( you can ignore this if you want)
    I personally dislike harem ( but hey, it can exist…), as a person who read manga and anime since 8 years old, I kinda slowly established some sort of sense of whether I will like the story/manga or not in first read, I only read the webtoon since I can’t really read the novel( reminder that novel and manga have some big differences apparently according to some spoilers so pls understand that, but still, I do think it’s not a harem even that), it just doesn’t give me a vibe of what the harem anime or manga will give me, plus, this story isn’t really focus on the romance part I believe, I more inclined to believe it’s a Wuxia story with romance in it, so Romance will not be the focus part.
    2) the MC himself
    From my experience, harem MC ( doesn’t matter genders) consist of 2 types, 1 is they are really way too kind, way too passive and can’t say no type that their heart got easily taken by multiple ppl, 2nd type is like the one of mahou tenshiki where is a pervert and already want to have multiple partners in the 1st place. MC(ryuyeon) is not in either the category, not saying that there’s no other types of harem mc , but I doubt ryu yeon can be one, he until yerin seems like the type who didn’t even thought about romance and only money type, I find it hard for the author to make him like multiple girls ( ofc, not saying it’s impossible but it might be hard and can easily will make it look force, which is bad.) basically what I try to say is to make a harem be good, the mc is quite important and I don’t see ryuyeon personality(which is quite focused on the manga) is fit for be one.
    2) the FMC herself (this will be long)
    Tell me, if I said FMC in this story, who will you think of ? Yerin right? No other girls or in this harem question, multiple girls, right? Normally in harem stories, they make multiple potential partners equally well established, equally give the reader a reason :” oh, they spend more time together, they went through hardships together, oh, they grew up together etc” and make readers do not know there’s a main partner to the mc( they will be equally established, equally outstanding, and provide equally same screentime for the readers who prefer which couple more some happiness).
    In lightning degree, Yerin is just too outstanding and established compare to the other girls( not saying they are bad, they are all beautiful and strong ladies), and the fact MC actually want to get some attention from her ( normally in harem stories, it’s the opposite), makes me believe there’s only one FMC and no more.
    4) manga vs novel
    In the manga, there’s the Yerin arc where MC and FMC met when young ( this whole arc should be enough to say that they are more focused or say established or something, like literally draw a whole page when they make a promise and make ppl around them feel touched for no reason, and saying putting red ribbons on window make ppl think of a wedding is kinda a “hint”) but apparently to some spoilers, this arc is not in the original novel, but that will still not change my mind, there’s a field trip arc in a novel and that seems to be more focus on MC and FMC as well.Take that out of that way, according to some spoilers, there’s no reunion in novel and MC simply just have a love at first sight on FMC? And is more aggressive like kissing her and such, there’s a reason an additional Yerin childhood arc is added to the manga, like I doubt they add that without the novel author knowing, more like I think it’s the author want to add that, since that will more convince the reader on “why” ryuyeon like Yerin, instead on novel, a love at 1st sight might be cheap to some readers. It shows the author intention, that they will be a couple and the author want to make it more convincing in the manga makes me confirm that it will be a really “real kind of romance relationship “ instead of a “ cheap kind romance relationship “.( not saying harem or poly relationship aren’t real kind, but you get what I mean)
    5)fanart
    The story is from a Korean night novel that run for 10 years, which ended for a while, it’s can run for 10 years, make me think the story at least be decent, and there’s quite a handful of fanart, and you can find lots of MC and Yerin couple fanart, and I actually don’t see any other female characters is drawn only with him in a single drawing.
    Ofc, I can be all wrong and there’s harem in it( pls remember this is not a spoiler) but take my opinion as a grain of salt, thank you for reading! Also reminder that I’m not good at reading so all my reasoning can be all wrong because I interpret it wrongly but hey, again, don’t take this too serious!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    Viliel and seekingsnow like this.
  5. luard095

luard095 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When will yerin and his disciples find out his true identity? I'm personally getting bored reading the manga only to see him beat people up (which is interesting in its own right but you know, plot progress matters). And I really just want the reunion ;-;

6. IzeeWeeb

IzeeWeeb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    smol question(that might seem a little stupid):
    who are the dudes that are trying to sabatoge MC? why are they trying to get rid of the MC anyways?

7. haibara

haibara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They just have really stupid/ dumb reasons:
    1) when MC enter the academy, even though he got the badge (which also make tons ppl resent him since the way he gain that is “unacceptable” to them), he still need to do a test and dual with buch of ppl which he brutally injured them, making lots of them unable to enter the school, so other senpais and kouhais, which is “brother/sister” of those ppl he injured wanted to revenge them, which is ridiculous….
    2) idk why there’s discrimination in sects, if you not from a famous big sect, ppl will assume you cheated or lowly and try to justify it by trying to beat you, MC hid his sect, make lots ppl think he’s a “cheater,loser”.
    3) He technically hug the FMC which there’s like crazy fan clubs for her, so that’s also why.
    4) the 2 guys are more the 1st and 2nd reason (also MC make them fail multiple times on the sabotage attempt which humiliates them and even anger them), basically just weird pride and ego.

TXHY and IzeeWeeb like this.
  8. Thiccyboi

Thiccyboi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does ryu yeon know that yerin is rin?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
  9. haibara

haibara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, he don’t recognize her, because saying:” they look similar but Yerin eyes are icy cold”. That’s because he don’t recognize Yerin because he thinks her eyes are too icy and cold that it’s not like the ah rin he know. That still doesn’t stop him falling for her tho lol…

Does anyone here know the somewhat conflict or politics playing in the story, the manga imo doesn’t really do a good job at this and it confused me the heck , my assumption is there’s big sects and famous martial art families and some royalties ( I legit confuse the headband man identity? Like he is prince? But the black hair prince kill ppl for some reason? Idk?) They all look peaceful because they scared the blood god, but in reality they hate or fight each other esp it’s already over 100 years ago, it’s really peaceful, and want to politics play someway to look more big and glorious and power? Then MC come in who is really strong but have no famous background and big sect behind him, so they either want to get rid of him or want to control him to use him?

10. Hari Ramadani

Hari Ramadani New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have question. firstly is mc arguably the strongest in the academy and secondly has mc mastered the last technique of thunder god his teacher

11. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First, of course he is, it's just nobody really knows since he never reveals his full power (heck he even rarely uses his master's techniques aside from that Sanbok punch whatever)
    Second, iirc not yet, hence he's out into the world to have a change of pace or something

12. haibara

haibara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do everyone have any spoilers about the headband guy and the twin tail twin sword girl, I realized it from the beginning they met but from recent chapters, it seem more and more obvious they are a thing?

13. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed, my friend :blobsmirk:

According to the novel, we have at least 3 "couples":
    • Ryu-yeon & Yerin. Pretty obvious, though up to the last mtl I read (which was ages ago and only up to vol 13 or something) they haven't actually go out (or even confess), but Yerin already started to get comfortable with him, and Ryu-yeon has kinda "noticed" her as a woman
      which started after they escaped from the collapsed cave through a lake. Yerin passed out as they swam out and Ryu-yeon gave her first aid and he felt his heart skipped a beat then. That got him confused as well
    • Hyorong & Lee Jin-seol (twin tail girl), or I would call them "the dual sword couple" since they both use dual swords haha. The most obvious couple, they don't explicitly say they're going out, but they realize each other's feeling and are pretty much there for each other. Once Hyorong kinda lost his mind after an attack(? I forgot), becoming nothing more than a mindless fool, and it really broke her heart that she was always by his side to assist him for everything.
    • Moyong Hwi & Hyobong (Hyorong's big bro)'s fiancee (forgot her name). She infiltrated Cheonmu after Hyobong's death, forgot the more specific reason why. Basically a "love at first sight" for Moyong Hwi lol. As a socially-awkward man, he didn't realize it was love, but when she was kidnapped, he went so far as going to save her. Of course not alone, Ryu-yeon and the gang go as well (including Hyorong who was still a fool then).

Of course don't forget our uncle forever-young classmate Jang Hong and his wife lol

14. KaratosVM

KaratosVM New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So did Jang Hong go back for his wife?

15. Thiccyboi

Thiccyboi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone got links to the raw manwha?

16. haibara

haibara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow! That’s interesting, did hyorong like forever become an idiot or he did got back from it? But hearing Jin seol actually willing to stay and take care of him when he was in a bad condition is so heartwarming…. It shows she really like him

The original is at kakao if I’m not mistaken but apparently you need to pay? To read it, I’m not sure, but I don’t think we miss out anything since I realized English translation literally update right after a new chapter is update, at most 2 to 3 days later, 128 is indeed the newest chapter even in the raw manga.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
  17. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He eventually recovers. During Moyong Hwi's crush's rescue mission he started showing signs of recovering, which sadly the last chapter I read (and now I'm dying for the next chapters of this novel, so if anyone has it please do share it with me, I don't mind very rough, unreadable, incomprehensible mtl *dogeza)

haibara likes this.
  18. The25thMark

The25thMark Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be master uncle as yeomdo's master is a semi disciple of sabu aka ryu yeon's master

Nincompoop likes this.
  19. haibara

haibara Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing, just want to say when I’m writing this, (or maybe lots ppl didn’t notice lol) but just want to say the raw manga is on hiatus because of the writer’s? Or artist? Not sure which, health issues, apparently they have surgery or something, basically health issues, that’s all, don’t need to be a dummy like me waiting for every Friday and got sad, hoping for them a full recovery and great health!
    Update: chp 130 of the raw manga is updated in 1/9/2022.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    TXHY likes this.
  20. Thiccyboi

Thiccyboi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there any reason as to why yerin cant read ryu yeon's thoughts??