Recommendations Want to read a GL novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by bunny-in-a-bush, Sep 5, 2022.

1. bunny-in-a-bush

bunny-in-a-bush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heyyy

So i used to read BG novels before, but lost interest in the pairing when I got into BL genre. Now I want to try GL.

Since it's gonna be the first GL I read I want to make sure that it's a good one. Please recommend me some.

I can't handle tragedy. Something light hearted would do. I'm not picky about the genre.

Thank youuuuu:blobuwu:.

2. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I Favor The Villainess.

bunny-in-a-bush likes this.
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a a thread called yuri garden here. There are many reviews and recommendations for yuri novels. You can look around there.
    It is unfortunate that you don't like tragedy. In my opinion, yuri truly shines when it is a tragedy, or, at least, a drama - since the gender role factor is obviously much weaker than in bg and there isn't the same... Y'know very over-the-top gong and super submissive shou dynamic thingy as in bl. So the drama can be focused on the individual dynamics, unconcerned with gender cliches.
    But, there are many cute fluffy stories too...
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ess-but-im-making-this-my-personal-yuri-game/
    Don't let the gender bender tag confuse you, the main character Kujo Sakuya is a girl among girls. I very much like this novel. It isn't exactly yuri as, while the girls express interest in miss Kujo, and miss Kujo likes the girls, she is as oblivious as any average harem protagonist.
    then there is very cute Life with a tail. Again, it is a gender bender where the gender bent main character is so feminine that the setting is unnecessary. Super cute. Definitely recommend.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...llowers-but-i-decided-to-live-my-life-freely/
    What is up with ultra feminine genderbent mc's in very cute JP yuri's? Here is another one yet again.
    She is the protagonist - not gender bender! Also very good.

4. ImSaltedFish

ImSaltedFish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. bunny-in-a-bush

bunny-in-a-bush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much guys!! I will start with these. Appreciate it very much.