Spoiler My Second Husband is Desperate and Depressed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Laerta

Laerta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    James is more obsessed with the heroine. I wouldn't call it love. He first saw her at school and wanted to make her for only for him own. But boy, just tell her for once that you like her.

And their wedding night, and the wedding itself. No matter how you rush to war, you could spend one day standing next to her in church and getting married. One day! Maybe half a day. One day will not solve anything in such a protracted war.

James' attitude towards Olivia is strange. As if he bought a beautiful horse with a shiny coat and brought it to his stable.

Yes, you now have a beautiful horse with a shiny coat, powerful, long-legged. But in order for her to remain as beautiful and with the same shiny coat, she must be looked after, at least fed, give her what supplements to give so that her coat continues to shine. If you can't do it yourself, entrust this to a servant. By this I mean the butler. But James didn't even do that.

Yes, you don't know what to do with this horse, but you should at least feed it. You know, without food, animals die. And just then his beloved horse died, and he turned back time.

Yes, this is a very rough comparison. This is how I see the relationship between James and Olivia.

Okay, you don't know how to express emotions. But... You saw that your wife almost died in childbirth. But you made her give birth a second time. Do you really want her to die? Even if we assume that she had twins, even the most meager brain can understand that your wife will not survive the next birth, so why do you need sex with her? At least be protected. Then the decoctions were special.

Why did you even turn back time? What do you want?

If you know that you have little time left, it would be better if you spent it with your wife, at least approached her, suppose to talk, hug, be near. Why not?

About the letter Olivia wrote to James. Yes, he does not understand how she suffered in his house with those three mothers-in-law. Only one thing... In the life of the first Olivia was killed by a spy. Second life - Olivia was killed by one of her mothers-in-law. Moreover, the elder mother-in-law had already died at that time. So it was either James's biological mother or that crybaby who did it. James sees that the events in each timeline are different, but he does not even think that in this life, the mother-in-law could poison Olivia ahead of time.

With this hers letter you can think, that Olivia doesn't struggle so much. And she only thickened the clouds about her condition. It can be assumed that James wrote to her so that she would not do anything, so that her mother-in-law would not start poisoning her ahead of time. But...

James does not know and does not want to know why his mother-in-law decided to poison her daughter-in-law. He knows about the very fact of poisoning, but also does nothing.

Like the perfect sword that hangs on the wall and is admired but not used. It is not even polished to keep it sharp and usable.

It's like he went back in time to catch the thief and hang the sword back on the wall. He still doesn't use it, although the sword is good for fighting.

I don't see that James treated Olivia like a person. A person who needs his attention of love.

And ever he knows, that can live only 5 years, he still try to give birth a child with Olivia and left her again alone with 3 mothers-in-law, and again one of them poisoning Olivia and take away children. He knows all of this, he was living whitness.

James, like a man who constantly steps on a rake. He knows that it hurts, he knows that if he steps on, he will receive a strong blow to the forehead, but they still stubbornly continue to step on them.

Olivia can be happy. Olivia can leave her husband, who left her with nightmares and a wild fear of intimacy and the birth of children. I don't think Olivia should fight for James. They didn't have a deep love that was worth fighting for.

James, why did you bring her back to life? To make her happy? But you didn't do anything about it. To make yourself happy? But then again, you didn't do anything about it. She was basically and quite happy in the afterlife, not returning to this hell. You brought her back. Why?

Another interesting point. James knows he has 5 years to live. If he had not received a divorce letter, he would not have returned home for another year or two. In total, he left to live with his wife for two or three years. So what's the point?

Here is example from my real life. I was in a children's camp and there was one boy who really liked me. He spread bad gossip about me only because I did not communicate with him. But I didn't even know that he liked me. In that time I have no friends, no boyfriend. I would love to start dating him if he would just say that he likes me. But no, it was easier to discredit my name throughout the camp than to just walk up and say: I like you. Just come up and say I like you.

And further. The heroine herself did not voluntarily marry James either in her first or in her second life. In this life she chose to leave James. And it was the right choice.

Garbage in nature is not worth fighting for.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  2. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    James kept regressing but kept making mistake while it took Ian just 1 lifetime to make MC feel love and happy. I feel sorry more for MC for experiencing deth several times befoew getting her happy ending

ValReads, Laerta, Astellar and 15 others like this.
  3. Kinksexual

Kinksexual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a full English translation??

4. Violet_lily

Violet_lily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    M
    Mama Mia English please

Echichichi and Animelover3 like this.
  5. zkira

zkira Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My opinion on a fool's sacrifice, it's no use for a husband to say he loves and treat the person as a good, he didn't die trying to save his mate by going back in time, but wanting his own happiness, and never thinking about hers. Then she found a much better person who prioritized her

6. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to going back in time to save her, he loses his life expectancy. Is it only for his happiness if he knows he'll die young anyway?

spchntrt likes this.
  7. Laerta

Laerta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still. I don't feel pity for that black hair boy. I understand that he has emotional spectrum of a stool. But if you turn back time - you must change something. But he didn't. Nothing. It crazy and stupid.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    Lignin, MiserableSOUL, Meizey and 2 others like this.
  8. TikkiMania

TikkiMania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does a guy automtically have the right to a girl if he saves her? That's some nice guy/incel logic. Even when he was doing it for "her sake" he never took her, as a person into account. He fell in love with his idea of her (cause he canonically knows literally nothing about her after 3 lifetimes) and sacrificed his life for that idea. If he loved her or even thought of her as a living breathing human being he wouldn't have r**ed her.

9. AnisiKee

AnisiKee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its weird how ya'll are feeling sympathy for a neglectful husband who is also an unfeeling rapist!!!!

who didn't take care of her while she went through traumatic birth, who ignored her pleas while she was abused by his 3 mothers, who raped her and didn't care for her body OR her mental health at all.

So what if he turned back time? he never changed or tried to be there for her. Even if he did change, he doesn't deserve her at all.

I'm side eyeing ya'll pretty hard...

10. solaria_

solaria_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, turning back time is the bare minimum for damage he caused and things she suffered.

It is just weird that people think FL should be grateful for husbands sacrifices when he is the one who made situation like that.

One sided crush doesn't make marriages work. No matter how good looking they are, the fact that they r*pe someone takes away all the charm.

Ariary, ValReads, donaiseiyuu and 5 others like this.
  11. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think a single person in this thread said MC should gave ended up with her first husband.
    My point was just that I feel sorry for him.
    He did his best in the way he knew. He didn't consider it rape and tbf she also never said no. She just remembered that it hurt and she didn't like it.
    Guy doesn't have high EQ, but he had good intentions.

12. Meizey

Meizey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3 lifetimes and he had his memories? Well, he is just stupid or incorrigible. If anyone had that opportunity I am pretty sure they would try to change something. As example he could maybe even take her with him to the battlefield (not ideal situation of course, but he would be able to at least spend some time with her and learn more about her since he not gonna come back for years)

It's maybe not considered rape as you said since he didn't try doing it against her will intentionally, he thought she agrees and wants it too, but he never asked anything. He never tried talking to her. He honestly reminds me of "Marriage contract" and "How ti get my husband on my side" (coincidentally both MLs in these works have white hair) - those two never had bad intentions towards FLs, but neither they have ever asked them anything nor were they considering asking them until they actually tried to have a proactive role in a relationship and they "redeemed" themselves. One even killed FL's whole family, besides neglecting her completely, if I remember correctly they never even slept together (Izak/Isak/Isuke in how to get...).
    I am actually glad FL of this work didn't feel sorry nor burdened by the ML of previous life nor did she feel like she has to stay with him and make it work.
    Ok, in marriage contract it's a bit different since she was a child bride so his behavior was actually much better (in my opinion) then if he tried to do anything to her before she demanded it in romantic way, though he could have paid more attention to her, but than there is the part of his upbringing bla, bla, bla.
    All in all I do feel kinda sorry for James, but after 3 chances I am pretty sure you could have tried and changed something, like you kind of knew what's gonna happen you know.
    He had a lot of options what he could have done, how he could have acted, he could have consulted someone and asked for opinion, no one would kill him nor hate him for asking when he doesn't know.
    Oh, there is an interesting fact about middle century since all these stories are in that time, but Christians viewed sex as something that's just for reproduction in a way and you shouldn't enjoy it, that's the time when the nuns etc were forbidden having sex at all, you could be one just if you are virgin, no matter if you are female or male.
    So if we say he was Christian he could have an excuse of sex being something you shouldn't enjoy based on your religion and beliefs you know?
    This is just something I found out recently actually and I was reminded by this work and Contract marriage.
    It was normal not to enjoy sex and it was considered bad to actually enjoy it, like how dare you.
    There is of course also the tradition of first night after marriage, first time having sex, that people would be present in the room and watching to confirm it. You can even see this in some TV series too. The one with french king I think actually had this scene, Crown or something, maybe and probably I got the name wrong of the series, but if anyone know please tell me. It's a series about court, kings and queens etc etc. Historical royal TV series. I think king Henry, but possibly wrong.
    I am sorry for all this unimportant information, I just remembered some things that are historical facts, but they are never mentioned in this works even though they are based on European royal courts a lot. They could even explain some things in these kinds of works and give excuses to characters.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  13. Laerta

Laerta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not true. He didn't do anything. He just turned back time. It doesn't make him good. He doesn't change anything. There is no sense in this step of going back.

CaelumBlue likes this.
  14. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure he IS changing things in each regression. Time was regressed many times, MC didn't only die because of her step mothers, but was killed by outside forces as well(burglars/war from what I remember from spoilers, correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm sure he's removed all those obstacles from previous lifes. As someone mentioned, him telling her to bear with the step mothers should also be so they won't kill her.

Laerta likes this.
  15. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of the critical commentary the meta webcomic THIS ISEKAI IS FORMING AN UNION! made about the ML with plot armor who never really changes no matter how many times he regressed/reincarnated in different timelines. The ML can't really envolve or become a better version of himself on his own without his fated FL sacrificing herself, enduring any abuse and suffering for him!
    He just hates himself too much.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/challen...isode-35/viewer?title_no=699696&episode_no=50

16. nicomcla1995

nicomcla1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so happy to see a novel with a FL that decides to f*** off the husband with a 100% resolve of irreconcilable differences. I feel wow I can’t describe the emotions running through me right now! Like fuc**** finally!!! (P.S any recommendations like this one?)

James wants the MC as an obsession/possession. Why? Because he doesn’t change at all. He has regressed not once, not twice, but 3 damn times! And in neither of these times does he change his behavior. Until what happens? MC also has her previous life memories and decides to give up on a lost cause since she basically complained about her situation to him and he only responded with a F*** you keep the peace. Knowing good damn and well that one of his mothers killed her!!!! Like WTF who does that.

James deserves to be alone for treating the MC like a prize he could come and go to whenever it tickled his fancy to pay it some attention. Bro legit looked at the MC after a terrible birth, of his child no less! For less than a second. A f***ing second, spoke not one word and left. That’s not love, that’s straight up my toy is broken, let’s ignore it for now.

If all of the above wasn’t horrible enough he gave the woman 3 mother in laws!!! Not 1, not 2, but 3 fucking cronies that look over her like vultures on a good day!!! That should be bloody illegal!!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    ValReads, Juslikejazz, Laerta and 2 others like this.
  17. g.cl24

g.cl24 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this was supposed to be a spoiler thread.

FunSmiles likes this.