Discussion Do you read spoilers?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Deleted member 476616, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Deleted member 476616

Deleted member 476616 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed there are so many spoiler threads in the forum. Do you sometimes lose motivation to read a novel after knowing the overarching plot?

Dat_Karma, sekach and seasaltxx like this.
  2. ScyllaNeil

ScyllaNeil Harmless Bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes!!! Happened to me dozens of times already hahaha

sekach likes this.
  3. Deleted member 476616

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it more usual with webnovels than paperbacks. Must be because writing could be a bit more simplistic with webnovels.

4. ScyllaNeil

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods* The writing often focuses on dialogues too!

5. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I lose motivation when spoiler told me that protagonist will choose the Harem route.

6. Issis

Issis 'Feeling is a Gift and a Curse'

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. I'll drop it for some time and pick it up again after few months or if I feel bored.
    Nah, never happened with paperbacks. Never dropped a book.

7. Deleted member 476616

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it's also a factor that some of the novels are thousand chapters long. I get tired reading long novels even thoug per chapter, the word count is not much.

missluna likes this.
  8. ScyllaNeil

Reading List:
    Link
    The only novel I ever experienced reading pass to 500 chapters is The Legendary Mechanic *chuckles*

*agrees*

9. Deleted member 476616

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem is usually poorly executed. Never seen one that actually ended in a way I'd like. Even though I don't know what I like.
    I sometimes wait for a novel to accumulate chapters but them I'd forget about it haha
    I've read that. I think I like the concept lots since it's a bit of a scifi.

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  10. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, all the time. Sometimes it inspires to carry on. For examplei forgot the title but the mc becomes the fire spirt which was a big deal for me so I read 30 chapters even though I lost interest at chapter 5.

sekach and Issis like this.
  11. Deleted member 476616

Reading List:
    Link
    Those short bursts of interest in seeing interesting developments! Understandable.

12. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I’m thankful for the spoilers tho since it helps me avoid stuff I don’t like. But definitely decided to drop or skip novels just cuz of spoilers

Kairil, sekach and Issis like this.
  13. Deleted member 476616

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you sometimes only read chapters you would consider interesting and skip parts of the novel that aren't?

Rumby likes this.
  14. seasaltxx

seasaltxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    to be honest, i only read it when i feel like the actual story is too dragging, or a fishy character appears and I really want to know what to expect lmao (i dont like surprises)

or if the summary is so enticing but i feel like i dont want to read a full novel version of it and i just want to know what happens

15. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    It happens sometimes. Sometimes, a translator drops midway so I read the spoilers till the ending. But after a new translator picks it up, I get too lazy to read it again. There's also some where I get dissapointed with the novel after knowing how it's gonna end up in the future. Like when it gets a harem ending or mc ends up with the person I dislike or writer starts losing motivation and just writes shit stuff.

16. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Lot of spoilers aren’t detailed enough for me figure out what chapters to skip. I’d be thankful if they’d say if it’s a filler chap cuz that be helpful lol.

I generally read to get to the interesting spoiler tidbit, just so I’m satisfied (or wait to read until it reaches that interesting chapter spoiler) . Like first kiss chapters... then come back later after chapters accumulated more since I prefer binge reading if I can and am motivated.

17. Deleted member 476616

Reading List:
    Link
    That's actually an interesting way to read. I am used to reading a story from start to finish.
    Yeah, it's also hard when since sometimes a novel doesn't get picked up after being dropped.

18. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, especially if the novel showing sign of open ending vibe or the author have bad habit, better be safe than sorry

I used to look spoiler like this in the past
    1. Is MC OP?
    2. Is it harem?
    3. Is there snu snu?

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  19. Deleted member 476616

Reading List:
    Link
    There are novels I never read because I heard of author's bad habit. Such as that novel's extra.

20. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there's been a few times spoilers have made me drop something, but overall no.

I come from an age when TV shows were once a week. And if you missed it, you were shit out of luck. Your friends would spoil it as the talked about it the next day (just as you would to them if it was reversed) because that was how you kept up with the show when you don't know when you'll see the repeat of that missed episode.