Spoiler The Male Lead Is Mine / 남주는 내가 차지한다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by AkariCandy, Mar 4, 2022.

1. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU listed tags has r-18 so yeah might have smut scenes..... :hmm:

DOHere likes this.
  2. purple pink

purple pink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    finally someone who's being rational. ppl blaming mc for no reason. its not mc's fault for her father's mistakes. n its not her responsibility to take care of her half sister. it will be really sad if ogfl became the family head.
    her father is a total jerk. he could at least send her somewhere n give her proper education. getting drunk n forcing his maid is no excuse

Elisee, clraei, Nikibunny and 6 others like this.
  3. Meishou

Meishou Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, she went fk the plot, I'm gonna live my life and marry that good man. Honestly, I prefer this attitude over the cliche "oh the plot suppose to be this and that". Dears, the moment you woke up in a different world, it's your reality now. Why living a third person perspective for the rest of your life?

Some Lucine's info at the end (Ep 75 - Finale, side story not included)
    so far, it seems that Lucine is showing some teeny tiny interest in Thurwin - Roy's deputy/butler. She think that he is handsome and they chatted all the way to the New Year Ball. He is a nice guy and a loyal soldier but it still feel a bit lackluster

I would like to say there is no smut... but it's more like there should be some steam but got blown off.
    They slept together on Aris birthday, multiple times until the evening of the next day, but the actual steamy scene was not described. There are many make out sessions before that tho

I think it depends on perspective and how you interpret the plot and world building. I mainly agree with @its0k on the point that there are many angles to a story, also need to point out that Aris has never call Violet "sister", she calls Violet "Violet"; it was Violet - a lady of a Ducal household - requested to call Aris "Sister" and Aris just let Violet does whatever. Aris is as close to Lucine as she is to Violet. And to think about it from my point of view, it is a bit uncanny to call Lucine "sister" and have that sister serve you during dinner with dad, not sitting down. It will be much more of a painful reminder of Lucine's so-called "place" in the Marquisate. Lucine's status was determined by their dad and it is not like Aris has never brought up the blood-line of Lucine to Ian. She did try.

Nonsensical rants below
    I am particularly fond of soft, slow pace, slice of life love story between 2 leading characters without any major drama, no evil villainess throwing shade and pouring wine on each other; the type of story where women are supportive and friendly toward each other, not acting like a pride of lionesses for the attention of one or two hot men. But tbh, as much bias I can have toward this story, there are many things left to be desired. My major disdain for the WN lies in 2 factors: (1) terrible world building and (2) inconsistent writing/development (more information contains some heavy spoilers in the rant below)

there is no world building in this WN. However, there is also no logic in the world itself. Most of the time, many aspects are just there for plot convenient purpose.
    1. "woman can reject dance request while man cannot" -- first of all, if the thoughts of a woman being unable to refuse request from relentless men is disgusting, I think it's fair to say the reversed situation is also quite distasteful. There is no logic in this setting, just there to create some jealousy plot. This setting makes it look like the society was built favour toward women, BUT
    2. "the ML-Roy, after got betrothed to Aris, later joins the hunting festival, but Aris is excluded from the Flower list cause she is betrothed??? - like, WTF?
    3. from which aristocracy system does this WN hail from that women lining up waiting to dance with a taken man is considered acceptable? where are all of the nobility rules and etiquettes?
    The WN writing feel like it got floppier in a few scenarios near the finale. If I was fond of a subtle, careful and gentle Aris from the middle part, the later interactions are seen with overuse of jealousy and possessiveness. She is constantly think of Roy dancing with other women or other women would look at Roy, and ask him to look at her and don't choose a Flower after the Hunt etc. Like, I get it, a little bit of jealousy spices things up. But too much is just a toxic relationship, dear...
    In the few last Episodes, the focus shifted much more toward outer appearance with spoon-fed narration of affection, which I feel much less interesting. If the first half of the WN feel much fitted for older reader, the later part seems cater toward YA. It is a weird reading experience
    Character relationships are also kinda neglected in the later half with Violet-Timontri with some highlight, Hiel the CP got together with his one true love but the development is just through a few dialogues and wordlines, Aris and Lucine's interaction suddenly reduce to naught, and the beloved interaction between friends feel like a spaceholder - a tea party was held but other than the scene where everyone got together and Elsa commented on it, there is NOTHING else. Why???

Rants on the characters:
    There has been no any point in the story that I can bring myself to like the Marquis - Ian. From the story-telling, there is a reasonable ground to think that he forced himself on a maid while being drunk, considering the power balance between the master and his servant. After making a mistake, he might also have requested for an abortion. From my perspective, it's despicable. In multiple scenes, he was also portrait as a daughter-obsessed man, interfering left and right whenever the topic of Aris came up. This was kinda iffy for me, cause he could have direct some of that attention to his other daughter. Especially for the few last episodes, he keeps WHINING about his daughter is not of age yet, and he does not want her to get married or how he is uncomfortable with the thought of Aris and Roy being publicly recognized as a couple. I truly want to flip the chair and throw my phone on the wall
    In Lucine case, considering her status as illegitimate, her life is already predestine to be a bumpy one. This is an established fact for European society before the 20th century. Illegitimate child is considered "child who is not recognized by his father" and have no right to inheritance, plus, having a child born out of wedlock is considered a shameful secret that most noble families try to keep undercover. Surviving as a bastard child is tough. The fact that the Marquis took her in after her mom passed away might be the tiniest redemption for Ian. (but as I pointed out, there is no world building or logic in this world setting, so this fact might as well end up in the toilet)
    Other than that, Lucine and Aris has great relationship, I disagree with the argument that it's Master-Maid relationship. They bicker and joke like a close friend. Lucine was even as comfortable as to skip Aris' final performance as Faces of Spring to rest at the inn, despite both of them being exhausted from the 6-month trip.
    the MC - the current Aris - I took a liking on her cause she just decided to live while putting her future and happiness first instead of whining about the plot. She determines to embrace her new life as hers while caring a bit for others along the way. I think there is nothing wrong with putting yourself first, as long as you don't obviously trample on others while achieving that. In this case, when she woke up at 10-year-old, Roy is single and available, her half-sister does not even know him, let alone having any affection for the man. There is no obligation to give the opportunity you desire for others just because you happened to read about it somewhere. (say, if you bought a piece of land out of a prophecy - will you share the profit with the 'suppose-to-be original owner'? I will say no). My disdain in Aris develops much later in the WN as she gets more and more jealous and acting out for freaking no reason - who are you??
    I was ok with him, and then freaking furious. He told Roy to know his place is the first. But then when he finally be a grown-up and apologize, he has done it again on his lover. So, Hiel found a girl he fancy - Elsa - long story short, he cut all ties with his other mistresses and asked her to be his casual, so she treated him as a fling. He caught her was on a date with other man and got jealous, so she just cleanly cut him off. The next creepy thing he does is that he dug out the background and past of all men she date then blackmailing her into being his lover. like, the fuck???

Ymin, snzzykitten, clraei and 14 others like this.
  4. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even care if MC's dad raped his maid, if he did or didn't love her etc. The fact is he has 2 daughters and they're both his blood. But one is treated preciously and is given everything on a silver platter and the other is only given a maid salary, but has to work for it. Mistake or not, you did it and now you have to take responsibility for it. All throughout the book, he was such a daughter-con for MC, always trying to protect her from becoming crown princess, worrying for her, spending time with her, while not even sparing one thought abt Lucine.

And MC is also quite complacent towards this at the beginning. Altho I appreciate she had her father make her sister his heir. But the reason he wanted MC to inherit his title was so he could have MC by his side (as per his words). And keeping his 2nd daughter with him would do shit for him, cause he has no relationship with her. She's just like any other maid from the house for him.

Anyway, I don't like tho, how MC stole ogFL's harmonious marriage. Like I get, he was originally her fiancée in the original story, but he never ended up married to her. So 1. he didn't know if she'd really love him and he'll fall in love with her and 2. she already knew him and her sister were going to be happy if married.
    Ok, if I were reincarnated in a story where I like the ML, I would also want him for myself. BUT NOT if the female lead supposed to end up with him was my good sister who always puts me first. The person Lucine cares about most is MC. I mean....sisters before misters. You don't steal a friend's man(much less a sister's), they're off limit. You can't even think abt it.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
    theilikepie, NyxxyN, MariaBr and 2 others like this.
  5. iactuallyfrhateithere

iactuallyfrhateithere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @DOHere i have the same thought

i start reading the novel today and put it on hold cause
    1. i don't like how the father treat FL well but not treat his other daughter (OG FL) well. i mean i get that she is the illegitimate daughter but she was born bcs of his action, so as her father why is he like that:blobangery:
    2. im not a fan of what FL did.. it just feels wrong somehow

oh thats even worse. this spoiler made me dislike him even more. so the father r*ped a maid and he doesn't do anything to compensate the innocent life that was born from his mistake, instead he made her work as a maid.. and i bet he still get happy ending (we all know how most korean isekai author treat horrible father:blobexpressionless: they usually gave handsome face to horrible father and a sad backstory then a redemption arc and *boom* happy ending for everyone)

im dropping this
    bye
    thanks for the spoiler btw:)

MariaBr, NyxxyN and DOHere like this.
  6. Chris_

Chris_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Can I also ask if I can have it if it's ok? :aww:

7. Amethyst_

Amethyst_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'd be lovely if you could! Thank you!

Sunflowern likes this.
  8. Minzie

Minzie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I absolutely agree. I didn't like the fl to start with but gave it a chance, maybe there will be a better explanation as the plot progresses but no. I'm still very disappointed, she only cares on what she wants. I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not but the fl didn't even think that she is getting her sister's happiness. Sure ml is still single, but the fact that she know they will be married and happy in the future is just wrong for her to get someone.

NyxxyN and layyu like this.
  9. angellily23

angellily23 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story could have done without the second sister all together, you literally could have wrote that in the original timeline the dad used the daughter's maid as a stand in when the daughter fled and faked that she was his daughter. Also I know the dad says the OGFL is his daughter but they look nothing absolutely nothing alike and I honestly don't think they are. I think it's more plausible that he drank himself into oblivion and ended up sleeping beside the made, who having found him completely passed off decides that after finding herself in the family way after her lover runs off, to climb into bed with a drunk marquis to fake "they had s*x". This way, yes the daughter's still illegitimate however an illegitimate noble offspring has a better chance at life than a illegitimate commoner one and the mother would have wanted her to have the best circumstances in life. The daughter could also know when her mother confessed the truth at her deathbed, which is why she's happy being a maid and doesn't rock the boat at all. Really go back to the story with this sentiment and see that it fits all the characters way more.

Elisee and Mandyj like this.
  10. Soara

Soara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lujin did get a life of a decent commoner by being a maid. She got provided decent clothes, training for a maid (from the way she acts, it is obvious she knows what she is doing), and decent treatment in the household as an employee, It isn’t like he gave her demanding and unreasonable work either. Besides love, he did provide her decent treatment. Plus illegitimate children get treated really bad in high society, probably worse for her mental health in a lot of ways if she did get recognized.

As for the treatment in the main novel, the biggest thing he did wrong was spoiling his daughter too much, causing the mistreatment and used her as a replacement for his legitimate daughter for the emperor’s decree.

He probably raped her but with his personality, he probably gave some alimony to the maid. The rest was just respecting the maid’s decision to live and raise her daughter as an commoner and away from the household. He also provided for Lujin when the mother died. Why does he need to provide for Lujin in the same way the MC when Lujin does not want it. She has no desire for power. She is not being treated poorly. When being acknowledged as his daughter would be more harmful for her because she is illegitimate. Because people in high society will shun her.

Ok, this is like claiming something that hasn’t even happen. Plus, as far as I can tell, it is fair game to try to get someone when the ml is single. What the MC is doing is not wrong or harming someone. Are you saying the MC’s half sister cannot be happy without the ML. The novel she read is is like a prophecy that has been distorted or even broken when she entered the novel just because she is a different person than the one in the book. I bet if the novel didn’t turn out so well, you would be rooting for her to change the whole situation.

Ymin, Elisee, clraei and 3 others like this.
  11. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a similar opinion when I've just started reading the manhwa, because it has this all happy-bubbly-cheerful mood that it's hard to focus on actual plot holes. I was under impression that the only problem is whether MC should go for ML or should find someone else for herself.

But there's so much wrong with the plot because of the author's lazy writing, that it's impossible to justify the father's actions if you read at least few chapters of the novel.

The dude has r*ped his maid. It is written quite clearly in the novel, though with nicer words to smooth it out. And when she got pregnant and begged him to allow her to give birth to the child he allowed it only when she said that she'll be rising it alone and won't ask for anything from him.

Honestly, as I've mentioned a few pages earlier, I would have understood the father's position if he was the one being r*ped, if the maid has used his drunken state to get pregnant and to blackmail him. His cold attitude towards an illegitimate daughter whom he has never wanted to have would have been understandable, and at least a few sentences of his POV with contradicting thoughts about the child not being guilty in the mother's sins, but at the same time him not being able to give her any affection would have made the whole story a few levels higher. But no. He was just ignoring the child that was born because of him and felt bad only for sleeping with a woman other than his wife, but never feeling bad for forcing himself on a maid or being cold to his child while very openly pampering his legitimate daughter.

The maid has died and the father took his illegitimate daughter in, which can be seen as a beginning of his retaliation, but he goes and assigns her as his legitimate daughter's maid. Just wtf? If ogFL (the sister) wasn't a doll-like character added into the story just for the sake of MC's internal conflict about ML, she realistically would have always felt hostile and jealous of MC, possibly could even hurt her intentionally. It is impossible for a commoner child to come to a huge mansion of a duke knowing he's her father, and not to feel that he's been unfair towards her. Was he expecting her to be an angel? Was he trying to torture her? Did he want her to cause a trouble with MC to get rid of her? The author just didn't find it necessary to explain.

Also the author thinks that it's fine to just add one sentence about ogFL being happy with her current situation and not having any great aspirations without adding any screen time for her POV or explaining why she likes her older sister, and that we readers should just believe it and move on. While constantly being fed with unnecessary interactions between the father and other nobles who love their daughters so much that they sound unhealthy, which increases the contrast between 2 sisters for no actual reason again, because we don't get a fight or any conflict out of it.

And in the end the father doesn't get any punishment at all, neither for r*ping his employee, ignoring his daughter for a decade, putting a younger daughter as the older daughter's maid (while both girls know about their blood relations and ignore a huge elephant in the room never talking about it), nor for all of this open favoritism towards the legitimate daughter in the presence of ogFL. All of his sins are excused because "he was drunk and missed his wife", "he respected the maid's decision to give birth alone without money" and "ogFL would have been in a worse position if she was acknowledged"... Come on, it doesn't work this way.

Ymin and NyxxyN like this.
  12. Soara

Soara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree the author has lazy writing and some things just can not be justified like the rape.

13. giumatos

giumatos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I was pretty pissed with the fact that he ignored the daughter that is a maid, but now I believe is 100000% lazy writing. It's used for the purpose of the first timeline and its never once again mentioned, plus the father's behavior doesn't imply that he would think Roy is a bad match because of his birth status. I know the FL changed but that is not enough to have caused such a drastic change on her father.

I LOVE this MC. She is taking the male lead for herself like any normal girl would, if given the chance.

I HATE when MC change their entire personality and take advantage of knowing the plot to place themselves at a non life risking postion, then befriend the ML (that always has deep issues), literally des everything the OgFL does by being their source of confort to the ML and still want the plot TO BE THE SAME and are absolutely BLIND to ML being in love with them and SHOCKED when that happens because they have to be with the OgFL. Honestly, tiresome.

LLike that manhwa I raised my childhood friend as a tyrant. Her obsession with making the plot happen when she changed a lot of the story according to her wishes and made the ML be absolutely obsessed with her to a point everyone knows but we are 65 chapters in of her denial.

layyu likes this.
  14. trajano 08

trajano 08 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask who is her sister

15. Pinkchik

Pinkchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember... who is violet???

16. dita90

dita90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ‼️Warning to you all if you don’t want your brain to bleed.

it will be SO SO SO SOOOO CRINGE!

it’s the most cringe novel i ever read!

if you like cringy dialogue and slow reading romance. Then go ahead~~

money likes this.
  17. schmawesome

schmawesome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey y'all, before we all go off-tangent and end up making this a rant page instead of a spoiler page... I read up to ch221 of the WN, so here's what I gathered (with a lot of opinions inserted in) :

Ian [FL's dad] was sort of in a bad place after the death of his wife [FL's mom] and had a drunken affair with a maid, ending up with said maid pregnant with Lucine [OG!FL] . Not sure about the particulars, but there was some mention that he did offer to support the maid and her baby (or at least give compensation), but the maid just wanted to keep the baby and continue having her job. I mean, props to her, I guess. Strong maid lady over here didn't need no man. There definitely was some element of wrongness about whether outright consent was involved in that affair, what with the power imbalance of a boss-and-employee affair and all, not to mention that the guy was under the influence when it happened. He does show himself to be quite a drinker in some scenes after all, though mostly when he's bitching and moaning about Aris [FL] and her being engaged/romantically entangled so young, but he otherwise wasn't particularly offensive to me. He didn't come off as a violent/forceful drunk, just a mopey one. That's just a personal opinion though. He may have been neglectful with his bastard child, he may have been very minimally available emotionally (since, well, hello, his wife just died and he got saddled with a bastard child for his troubles) or he may have been quite a supportive parent but was constrained by societal norms, I honestly don't know. At least he definitely wasn't physically abusive. I don't think anything in particular about the father-daughter relationship between Ian and Lucine was mentioned though, so I'll put my judgment on the guy on hold.

Aris decided to take what was available with both hands and ran away with it, and I quite frankly like that about her. Like, y'all can rant about her "stealing" Roy [ML] from Lucine, but I don't think I've read about a rant about all these other transmigrated women "accidentally" stealing ML's when it all ends up with basically the same thing, so eh. It's whatever. Aris over here was at least aware enough of herself and what she was doing, and that's honestly quite refreshing, after being served a plethora of all these sweetly oblivious I-didn't-mean-to-seduce-so-and-so-but-I-totally-accidentally-set-the-stage-to-seduce-them heroines. Lucine was treated differently in this timeline too, so she's not exactly the OG!FL anyway. And even if she was somehow the same person despite the different life she led (she was treated way better, for one, and since Aris was committed to her own education, Lucine in turn didn't have to attend the classes herself)... Lucine didn't even know the ML yet. She wasn't romantically involved (or involved in any way at all, really) with Roy, so there's no theft involved, and there's nothing wrong about Aris gunning for him. I mean, the guy's a catch. And y'all expect Aris to... what, martyr herself when she didn't need to? For a relationship between her half sister and a man she hasn't even met yet, which might not even happen since: A. Aris isn't a complete imbecile, and B. Lucine in this timeline isn't the Lucine of the story. Yeah, no. There's kindness and there's just plain idiocy. Aris was going to get engaged to Roy anyway (in some scheme by the emperor to bind Roy to a loyal vassal house after awarding him a title and holdings) and unless Aris was so completely brain-dead to decide to run away from an engagement that was very much in her favor to her knowledge, she would've ended up with him either way. Cultivating a relationship with the man she was to marry is just smart, in my opinion.

So, yeah, she does end up in a relationship with Roy, after meeting him for the first time in a banquet (I forget which, there are so damned many of them in this story) and hitting it off with him right away. Relationship starts when she's still a minor, around seventeen, sixteen?

They end up having this completely eye-wateringly sweet relationship, and no love-triangles happen in this story whatsoever, thank God. Aris and Roy are just basically like penguins, you know? They're dead set on each other. Mates for life, no other side dishes, no who-should-I-choose bullshit, that kind of thing. Refreshing, I tell you.

She was at first -- along with Violet, the daughter of her dad's duke friend -- set up to meet up with the crown prince as a possible wedding candidate with a bunch of other young ladies, but they very patently didn't give a single shit about the prince or the crown princess title, and both girls bond about that. Violet ends up being a little sister figure for Aris. The prince understands quite early on (like, at the very banquet where they first meet) that neither of them are into him, and in fact one of them (Aris) is actually super into someone else, and he in turn was very into that un-into-ness. Platonically, that is. Not in the typical ore-sama "Oh, so you don't like me? ...Interesting, now I have to make you mine" kind of way, but more like in the "I'm a self-confessed womanizer, and these girls are the least likely to give a shit, so less headache and less trouble for me politically" kind of way. Violet was like thirteen or fourteen years old at the time though, compared to Aris's sixteen, so naturally the prince chooses Aris to be his first dance partner at this super important banquet (this was way before Roy and Aris met, though I think Aris was already sending letters to Roy at the warfront). It was all very politically-minded and was subject to much intrigue on gossip rags, but that was fine for both of them since Aris was very uninterested in being romantically involved with the crown prince, and the crown prince was also distinctly uninterested. They actually end up being really close PLATONIC friends. Nice. I love when a person can be friends with another person of the opposite sex. It gives the story depth. It gives the characters depth. It implies that they have their own preferences too, which is an unexpected little gem in these kinds of stories. Aris wasn't the prince's type, and the prince wasn't hers.

Gosh, the friendship game of this story is insanely good. Hiel (the crown prince) ends up having a completely wholesome, platonic relationship with both Aris and Violet, and it's such a refreshing change of pace.

It gets disclosed that Violet plans to inherit her father's title, and thusly must marry an unambitious man of noble enough stock. Aris tells the prince this, and the prince, being the total bro that he is, introduces Violet to his friend Limontri Raon (HAHAHA OH GOD I LITERALLY CANNOT EVEN WITH HIS NAME, LEMON TREE PFFF HAHAHA SEND HELP I'M DYING), because Limontri is of low enough standing in nobility to not be a threat to Violet's position, and was decent enough to not actually want to try being a threat at all. Limontri, Violet, Aris and Hiel end up being an awesome foursome. Platonically. For a while, that is, because spoiler alert in a spoiler thread, Limontri and Violet do end up together. They end up having the typical miscommunication troubles that seem mysteriously absent in our main couple (Aris and Roy). The details on the development of their romance are shown in sidestories at ch200+. I mostly skipped those, since, well, I just wasn't interested enough.

Prince Hiel ends up with a rich minor noble woman named Elsa who gave him his just desserts by having an affair with someone else while in a relationship with him, understandably thinking that, hey, they were in an open relationship, weren't they? The prince said so himself! Why not have a few side dishes? Hiel ends up falling for her and gets dumped and ghosted for a while. As of the last chapter I've read, he did end up with her, and was committed to proving his love to her. She's obviously, understandably, skeptical. But she's giving him a chance, which is a bittersweet note to end their story on. I haven't read everything yet though (dunno if everything's out yet), so maybe we do get some HielxElsa sidestories. I wouldn't be opposed to reading THAT.

SO, ANYWAY.

Limontri ends up in a soft, quiet and slow-burn romantic relationship with Violet, after MUCH hemming and hawing. Aris marries Roy, and their relationship is very NOT slow-burn. It's all fiery infernos of scorching hot, steamy snusnu for these two. They are still so eye-wateringly sweet with each other though, which is nice. Roy is a beast in bed, but that much was already obvious even before the actual smut scene. Roy was basically living his life as repressed virgin, and Aris is an all too willing sacrifice to his desires (she also knows how to push his buttons), so something was bound to give. Heck, he was already giving her hickies on her boobs while she was still a minor. Roy is a thirsty boi.

And finally, Hiel. Hiel has a rocky relationship with Elsa, and is basically at wits end trying to figure out how to prove to her that he's a changed man. Guy reaped what he sowed. Nuff said.

Lucine is with nobody yet, as her having witnessed the strong and loving romance between Aris and Roy (as a maid who witnessed all of the shenanigans involved) made her want to settle for nothing less than true love. I thought at first she'd end up with Roy's subordinate Thurwin, but now that Lucine became Ian's heir, I find myself having a hard time imagining a relationship with a noble heir and a butler of another house, which Thurwin ended up being.

(oh, right. if I haven't mentioned it yet, Lucine ends up as Ian's heir, after Aris married Roy)

That's it, basically.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
  18. Yanatsu

Yanatsu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, wait. Why does everyone assumed that the father raped the maid? From my perspective, it was more as if the maid treated the relationship casually. The one who was drunk and COULDN'T CONSENT was the father. He was drunk out of his mind, so I doubt it would be difficult for a sobber woman who does physical work to push him away. There are a lot of people working in the mansion and it is not as if they are afraid to admonish their master, as seen on the relationship between Aris and the sister/other servants, so she could have asked for help if she didn't want it. He was mourning his wife. He was not in a state of mind to consent or not to the relationship. No one thought that perhaps he doesn't want to recognise the daughter who came from this relationship because it is an UNPLEASANT memory for him? If it was the inverse, a woman was drunk in no condition to consent and got pregnant from it, would someone blame her for not wanting anything to do with the child? Perhaps the world is underdeveloped/has a medieval mindset, so it is not as we can say that the maid is a rapist, but we modern people all know that a sober person taking a drunk, depressed person to bed is wrong and unpleasant.
    Besides, MC didn't "stole" ogFL man. The man was a person with ability to choose who he wanted. Why should he be unable to choose his partner just because of the original story? If anything, the marriage in the original story was an arranged/forced one which luckily ended up in love through mutual respect, not some kind of destiny which could be stolen. The MC "got" the man because she worked hard to her own betterment and to support the ML while he was at war, not because she one-upped the half-sister. A living person who is not in any relationship is not something you can simply steal. And by that line of thought, should Aris be a jerk, hated by everyone, abuse her half sister and die on the street for lucine to be happy just because of the ogStory?
    And, even when Aris offered support, Lucine herself refused. Didn't you ever stop to think that even in the ogStory she only married to nobility because of lack of choice, since ogAris ran away? Even being accepted as a heir in the family was something Aris arranged herself, without talking to Lucine first. Why everyone is just assuming that her happiness is to be a noble lady? Can't she be happy as she is, with a good, honest work, good relationship with her employer and doing what she likes? She is not lacking anything necessary and not everyone need status to achieve an ideal life.
    If anything, the father is a jerk for only recognizing her as a daughter in the original story as a substitute for Aris and forcing her to get married. Those are bad circumstances that coincidentally got a happy ending because of the ML's good personality, not something to be desired.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    schmawesome, Elisee and layyu like this.
  19. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The father was the maid’s boss, so the power dynamics is already messed up, because she can’t say no when she’s afraid to be fired or punished for not listening to her master’s orders. Moreover a man is always stronger than a woman (except for extreme cases, but it’s not one of them), even in a drunken state he could have just shoved her away, so all of this is showing that the maid was r*ped and the father didn’t want to take responsibility. If she was the one who took advantage of his state then he would have never let her go with the child, she would have been punished heavily and possibly killed.

Ymin and layyu like this.
  20. Yanatsu

Yanatsu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay
    So in one side we have a man who
    •was mourning
    •not once was seen or condoned abusing his employees, except for making Lucina marry because of a royal decree
    •was described as having "given up" on Aris on the OgStory because of her bad behaviour specially towards Lucina (though running away was the breaking point)
    •Is described as being a crybaby when he drinks
    •Works in administration and is not seen exercising much
    •is clearly uncomfortable about the relationship

On the other side we have a very briefly described maid who
    •works daily on a very physical job
    •Apparently treated the relationship casually
    •Refused any extra money, but kept working normally
    •encouraged her own daughter to work on the mansion

The world building makes it clear that is normal for woman to have casual relationships and to be open about her desires

But it is easier to assume that the man, who never once displayed such strength nor behaviour, even when he was drunk on other numerous occasions, somehow had a complete personality change which only lasted a single night, made impossible advances on a maid when he was so drunk that he couldn't even recognize what's in front of him, the maid somehow never cared about it and just went with her life and even exposed her daughter to the same work environment
    Than to believe that the maid was an independent woman who simply didn't want to be tied to a man who she had a one night stand with?
    It's so sexist to assume that any woman was not only weaker than a man who never does physical efforts and is absolutely wasted but also that the only way she would be interested in someone is to either take advantage of his social status or because she was taken advantage of.

schmawesome, Elisee, clraei and 2 others like this.