Spoiler I Swear I Won’t Bother You Again!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Trulycloudy

Trulycloudy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If mj was the heroine she would be seen as the victim abused by her jealous half sister. It's like in those manhwas where the illegitimate child enters the household and the legitimate daughter hates her and bullies her but we always support the heroine. In this story they give us the perspective of how the legitimate child would feel. How it feels when your father abandons you and loves the daughter he had with someone else. It'll feel like shit. It's the reason I can never hate those villains in stories where they hate their half siblings because of their father. There's a clear villain, it's not the children, it's the parents who created the situation.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  2. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me personally, it depends on how the story is told. If mj was MC of this novel, I could never emphasis with her because aside from being a wallflower, she is given the opportunity to change through interactions with the society and the scoldings of Yulan but does she change? NO! SHE SELFISHLY REMAINS THE SAME EXPECTING OTHERS TO BOW DOWN AND SACRIFICE SO SHE WOULD GET HER PERFECT HAPPY ENDING.

From this I can say that she isn't simply ignorant. Being ignorant doesn't make you incapable of seeing others' hurts. She is simply a person who refuse to accept what she sees because it would destroy her perfect view of her life. She was technically created as a character who could not be an MC.

Take for instance, the story "Seduce the Villain's father". It is a very well written story where we see the perspective of both the FL, ML and the Villainess. In this case, the villainess is a real villainess. Someone who's backstory doesn't make her pitiful but truly shows her Vengeful and evil heart. She cannot be forgiven or emphasised with simply because her parents committed wrong and she committed even more wrongs to avenge people who were not worth avenging. Her madness in revenge harms innocent lives and the country/world. She was a villainess who did not learn from her parents mistakes but instead repeated them to a worse degree.

So, I don't think all villainesses in all novels have tragic backstories which makes them worth being forgiven. Some do, some don't.

Opelia, Deeyodee, Veille and 4 others like this.
  3. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate MAry jun I have a real story about her

I saw Mary Jun at a grocery store in the capital yesterday. I told her how had it was to meet her in person, but I did want to be a douche and ask her why she couldn't kill herself for violet. So I asked her if I was bothering her
    She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “maam, you need to pay for those first.” At first MJ kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, mary jun stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, mary jun kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

So yeah. fuck you MJ

Deeyodee, Trulycloudy and Creolenerd like this.
  4. Trulycloudy

Trulycloudy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you know that manhwa 'i am the master in this life' the mc is like mj. But everyone hates the legitimate sister. Her father cheated on his wife, neglects his daughter but loved the mc. The sister had to watch her mother breakdown and wonder why her father doesn't love her. The mc was just like mj in her first life, but I couldn't ever like her. I just felt so bad for her sister who was trying her hardest to make a name for herself and her mother and how she became evil. She was just a child, her father caused the situation and what her mother did affected her. But as always people always love the main character. Some villains deserve to be born in a better family

lostross, Khadz and Rose Nightingale like this.
  5. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the thing, most people only read from the point of view, or main, characters perspective, and do not look at anything beyound that.

The vast majority are no longer able to grasp the full complexities of the story. Pop culture, and public education, have been indoctrinating people to not be able to see beyound the surface for decades.

Seeing which character is really a villain or a victim is now too hard to the majority, and they do not see beyound how the person interacts with the main character.

That and there is way to much victim blaming and lack of respect for psychological damage on our society. With to many thinking there is something wrong with you if you do not automatically overcome your trauma in seconds after being removed from the source (seriously look at the idiotic comments on pretty much any manga where the MC was abused, and has obvious trauma signs in their behavior, the comments are always filled with armchair quarterbacks who have never experienced anything of the like saying how the MC is a weak "beta" pussy)

But there is a similar problem in politics, people in general flock to a strong man archetype regardless of competence, because they feel they need someone strong in charge more then they need someone competent.

If you actually read past the surface, there are way to many sympathetic villains, or victims being treated as villains in literature. But those who read past the surface is a shrinking minority.

Khadz likes this.
  6. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know this manhwa. I will stay far away from it. Honestly, if I read this I will only get angry at all the characters.i definitely would hate the MC. This is obvious bad writing. I better not waste my time with it. Idk what the villainess does in this manhwa but if I read it, I would most prefer to read her side of the story and see her take revenge (in a way that doesn't jeopardise her future) But, I can guess that in the manhwa she did some stupid dumb things as revenge and is going for her downfall. (Wish she took revenge in a proper way)

I personally tend to see beyond what is written in an attempt to understand the characters.

But, I disagree with u on some parts of your comment mainly how readers react to traumatised characters in novels.

If I were to give an example it would be the MC of the anime Gundam Seed Destiny named Shin. His parents got killed in war in front of his eyes 2 years before the anime started and he is heavily traumatised with this. But, he works in the military as a Gundam pilot, is bratty, insensitive, thinks he's above all laws, doesn't listen to his superiors, is super arrogant. He also hates the country he lived in and its royal family for not protecting his family (in a worldwide war with invaders all his country did was defend themselves). He blamed the wrong people all the time and was super destructive. I used to get annoyed at how his fans always associated his bad behaviour his his trauma. Honestly, some characters are simply just badly written as even trauma cannot justify MC telling someone her father is a murderer for sending Gundams to defend their country from invaders. It's like he didn't have a head to think. I disliked his trauma due to his fans always using it as an excuse. (But thing is, the mc's of the previous season of that anime also still had trauma so it didn't justify the MC of the second season telling the FL of 1sr season who fought in the 1st war when he did not the following: "I wish someone who didn't understand anything wouldn't talk as if she did" He who didn't fight in the previous war which was the harshest would not understand what those soldiers went through yet he who lived peacefully even at times of war until that dated invasion dared to say he understood what war better?! Did she not lose family, friends... as well? (she also lost her dad) I don't think trauma justify being an insensitive jerk. Even the authors decided to replace Shin with MCs of previous season due to how badly he could not resonate with anime watchers (even those watching 2nd season without watching first season) I myself watch this anime 2nd season before the 1st as 1st season came out when I was still a baby.

It's not that we cannot associate with mcs who have trauma. E.g I could easily understand the FL from "Star reborn:the queen's return." and "Angelic Lady". We simply do not want a character that is stagnant. Traumatised mcs are hard to write about as it is a phycological problem that they have. But some are truly badly written. Trauma does not justify having a bad personality.

Even here with Violet - attempted murder of MJ in her past life because she took Claude (although it was due to trauma) cannot be justified. It was an excessive addition to the story. It would have been more appropriate if the one she attempted to kill was her father (as he is the main cause of all this). This is obvious bad writing. This novel "I swear I won't bother you again" is one of the worst writings I have ever read.

theilikepie and Trulycloudy like this.
  7. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mean to go off topic with the SEED Destiny stuff, but this is a bit of a false comparison. Most of the problems with Shinn's character come from production issues rather than what could be reasonably attributed to characterization. There are so many complexities that I'll try to boil it down as best as I can.

SEED and SEED Destiny were set up to be the new 0079 and Zeta, with Gary Stu being the parallel to Amuro from 0079 and Shinn being the parallel to Kamille from Zeta, where a new protagonist must navigate through a world in which the original hero left his mark. Like Kamille, Shinn is set up to be a bratty teenager. The problem here is that Kamille has every reason to be bratty. Nothing in his life ever went right, from his effeminate name over which he is bullied to his early realization about his parents' marital troubles. Until Char came along, there was no one to correct his behavior aside from his childhood friend, who was quite helpless against him. Shinn, on the other hand, seems to have grown up very normally, which makes it very odd that his behavior turned out to be so poor, even if he witnessed his family die in front of him like Kamille did.

And following in the footsteps of a previous hero is one place where poor writing rears its ugly head. Shinn Asuka has enormous shoes to fill not only in the legacy of Gundam as a franchise, but also within his own timeline. He comes after Jesus Yamato, the guy who still ranks easily in the top 10 or 20 of character polls 2 decades after his debut. Jesus Yamato, who can do no wrong. Jesus Yamato, whose entire being is the epitome of perfection. The moment SEED turned Kira into Gary Stu, Shinn's chances at being a protagonist were shot. How do you create a protagonist who is different from the original but still unique and interesting nonetheless? You can't. But boy, did the writing team try. They stretched his character every which way they could, which resulted in an erratic and inconsistent "hero", the chief problem of which is his motivation, the deaths of his loved ones.

Shinn is reasonable to hold ORB (his country of residence at the time) accountable for the deaths of his family. As long as he is a resident of their territory, it is ORB's responsibility to uphold his and his family's safety. It is unreasonable for him to say that ORB didn't try, and it is also unreasonable for him to say that ORB is solely to blame. This is in stark contrast to Kira, who also lost loved ones, but rather than blame things in general, he was very focused on the actual perpetrators. Shinn blames an entire system/country; Kira blames the individual(s) most responsible. Now, character motivations aside, the bigger issue with SEED Destiny's poor writing is a result of very spicy behind the scenes stuff.

Allegedly, the lead (story) writer's wife also happened to be the scriptwriter (they were some sort of husband wife team). She became convinced that her husband was having an affair with a certain VA. When Shinn's VA stepped up to defend his coworker against these accusations, the wife decided to punish both by derailing their characters and reintroducing everyone's favorite Gary Stu (which had been "killed off") as the lead protagonist again. This can actually be seen as the series progresses, as Shinn actually starts out excusable, if not abrasive. It's only later that (strangely enough) a string of shitty things happen to him that completely derail his character. Funny enough, doesn't this reflect the problem with Violet misattributing blame?

Now, back to Violet. My personal opinion is that Violet lashed out at what was immediately to blame. "If it wasn't for MJ, Claude would love me." Why didn't she look deeper into the actual cause of why her life was so terrible? Because she, at the time, was completely unable to fathom the possibility that her father was to blame. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it only recently that Violet finally entertained the notion that her parents were actually pretty shitty? Something like chapter 182? This indicates to me that somehow, Violet was written to have some sort of gap in her comprehension and logic connecting her miserable life to the actions of her father. Perhaps she was so obsessed with Claude in the first timeline that she became tunnelvisioned, focusing only on the immediate threat to her perceived path to happiness rather than the root cause of all her issues. While this sort of characterization is consistent with how depressed Violet is, I do agree that this is very weak writing.

On a final note, remind me why Violet hasn't decided to inherit the position? Can't recall atm as it's been a while since I've read up on this story.

8. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow I don't see why you are comparing Kira and shinn. It's like you are trying to downgrade another character to upgrade this one. ( I personally am not a fan of either) but from your comments itself, we do see bad characterisation. It wasn't just the background problems with the director's wife. ( It's just that they put too much negative emotions onto shinn without justification which made him become one of the most hated characters known even now) They tried to imitate Kamille but did it poorly. However, I must congratulate shin's voice actor. He's got great talent. His voice as shinn showed the brattyness perfectly. I personally think it's wrong of him to put full blame on Orb and the Athas. He never blamed Atlantic federation for the invasion. (he obviously doesn't understand how complicated politics r in times of war - it becomes such a grey area that sometimes it may appear black. If u understand what I mean) Yet he behaves like he has all rights. He hates Kira, I can understand but he hated him for killing stella (what?! The girl was massacring innocent lives in a city) He always blamed others but himself for failures that arise. His attitude towards Athrun was the worst for absolutely no reason (except some jealousy but even then he should not have been this way) this is proof of bad writing. Have you seen lacus (although her dad was a politician, she was a singer. How did she suddenly turn from all innocent and naive to all knowing and preaching. This is also bad writing) Although I love the anime, I also can see how badly GSD plot and characters were written. All characters who had development in S1 regressed in S2. GSD was simply a repeat of GS but with some addition to new characters. What's even worst for me is tmnot Shinn but the side characters like Rey, Arthur, especially Luna Maria. The Minerva team unlike the Le Cruset team was truly incompetent and lacking especially coming from graduates who were supposed to be among the best of their batch. What's a girl who can't even shoot properly doing in that team?!God knows what went into the head of the wife's director when she decided that she wanted the characters in the Minerva team to be less exceptional beings. (For goodness sake, they are coordinators who trained before a war so at least they should be decent. Only Meyrin was decent amg the side characters)

No, I think ch 182 something was where she realised she should stop hoping her family would change. She always knew her mum was insane and her dad was just as bad. But she who was never loved desperately wanted to be loved. Her behaviour making a 180° change in 2nd life is a plot hole (because of the attempted murder on mj) What needs to be understood is that when she tried murder, she was completely fed up and tired to resort to such acts. But thing is, the attempted murder of mj is definitely the biggest plot hole of the story because she won't and can't get anyone's acceptance and love by killing mj. She will just make them hate her more. When she went nuts (coz she did), it would be more appropriate for her to lash out on her father who never acknowledged her even once. Because his disinterest and constant blame is what tires her. Mj is just an ignorant selfish person. Although she extremely annoying, killing her won't make vio less tired and Hopeless. Killing her dad would because then she won't have to do her best to get his acknowledgement. She can live as she pleases. The property would be hers too. It would be a way to tightly grip at the last straw of hope she is left with. That's why I think attempting to kill mj makes no sense. It's also impossible to suddenly say I won't have anything to do with them especially mj (whom she supposedly tried to kill in hatred and anger) Hatred and anger just doesn't disappear that simply. It boils in you even after you harm the person. To let go this way this makes no sense after she tries to kill mj.

9. xharix

xharix Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Encontré a este tipo en chino pero ya no entiendo nada. termina en 154 y literalmente me estresé.
    Se decidió desde ese día. La ira odia la felicidad, ni siquiera la dejas ir. 153
    fue a muchos lugares. Hay dos personas que han estado ahí, y algunas que solo han oído hablar de él, volviendo poco a poco a (nuestras) huellas.
    Desde la puerta trasera de la casa de Wakhan, baja por el callejón estrecho hacia el bosque profundo. A través de algunos árboles, hay un espacio verde como una alfombra de picnic verde,
    flores y malas hierbas. Yolan vio una figura agachada y hundió el rostro en las rodillas. "Es tan nostálgico ~ aquí"
    Youlan se acercó lentamente, pero ella no respondió. No pareció sorprendida, pero no esperaba que Yolan apareciera aquí.

Un árbol que de niña pensaba que era alto ahora es mucho más pequeño. Cuando se dan la mano sin enojarse, este lugar es el hogar para ambos.
    Dependiendo de la temporada, aquí puede haber campos de flores o malezas.
    ──El hogar es un lugar donde las personas están felices, tranquilas y tienen personas importantes. Así que esta es nuestra casa.
    Sin buscar una base secreta, o un lugar para jugar. es el lugar para volver. Pensándolo ahora, debería estar haciendo todo lo posible para escapar.
    "¿Cuándo fue la última vez que viniste aquí?" arrodillado

Junto a Violet, el frío húmedo atravesó la tela, el suelo húmedo por la humedad.
    "Violet-chan, ¿no hace frío? Pero es tan flaco... no parece tener sentido". "..."
    Yolan puso su abrigo sobre Violet. Sin embargo, cuando Yulan lo usó ella misma, no era muy resistente al frío.
    Pero algo es mejor que nada. Las puntas de sus dedos tocaron su cabello frío. No sé cuánto tiempo he estado aquí. Me duele pensar en ello.

Finalmente, Violet levantó la cabeza, con los ojos desenfocados. Mejillas rojas brillantes, desde los pómulos hasta la barbilla,
    Tinte doloroso de piel clara. Con el tiempo, se hinchará más y más. La sangre en las comisuras de su boca se ha coagulado.
    Probablemente también tenga una herida en la boca. Cualquiera que lo viera sabía que estaba golpeada.
    "Él vio... salsa" "Yolan" La boca de Yolan temblaba, incapaz de organizar el idioma con fluidez y los latidos de su corazón resonaban en sus oídos.
    Aunque sabía que me dolería cuando lo tocara, todavía extendí mi mano, tal vez esperando que sanara si lo tocaba.
    (Mano de Yolan) Dudando antes de tocarla, la mano de Violet cubrió la suya, por lo que presionó directamente sobre su herida.
    Reflexivamente, quiso retraer su muñeca, pero la retuvo con más fuerza de la esperada. Sus mejillas son lo opuesto a la temperatura de la mano helada.

"Yolán". Una voz plana y débil me llamó por mi nombre. Así como así, me deslicé como una hoja afilada en
    la pupila del cristal oscuro de mi corazón, y las lágrimas comenzaron a gotear por mi mano. No hubo gemidos, solo las lágrimas seguían rodando.
    Como una marioneta rota, gritando constantemente el nombre de Yolan.
    En la respiración antinatural, el sonido desapareció lentamente y hubo un sonido vago en el oído. El más pequeño, el más ronco pero el más vivo
    "... No quiero vivir más"

man I was left without a wedding, without children, there is nothing. All wrong with the author. If there are extras let me know. I got ugly with this ending
    ch 154
    I don't want to be a hindrance to anyone. If I don't help anyone, at least I don't become a burden.
    If I don't interfere with anyone, at least I will be allowed to exist. Arguably you don't need it, but don't throw it away.

I hope to be recognized and needed by anyone. But it can't be done. Because my very existence is an obstacle.
    I don't want to die, but no matter what life or death is, I don't see the value. Only, already tired.
    I hate pain and suffering, even if it is to punish my own sins, I can say that I am not responsible. Living so tired
    I just want the ordinary and natural to live. Like life, it was ready even if I didn't need it,
    but such a thing, Violet's hope, did not come true. Just such a thing.

Okay, that's all. It can be done now. ──Hello Yoran.
    Sorry, there must be something important. You must be here because of the concern. oh why do you know
    That I am here? Why do you know I ran away from home?
    Hey, why are you crying?
    “…Yolan?”
    Like honey spilled from a bottle, dripping from golden eyes. Not in pain but sinking in sadness.
    I don't know when Yolan's hand slipped from Violet's cheek and landed weakly.
    This time, Violet moved closer to Yolan's cheek. Wiping tears in motion, and wiping with the pulp of my finger,
    I only touched a few drops of water, which are as warm as they are warm. Just like the me from just now, Yolan's hands overlapped.

Her body is drawn to his ample chest by the gentle force. Tokun tokun's soft voice soothes the eardrums.
    The strong arms held tightly without letting go, and the body could not move and was hugged tightly and bitterly.
    "──── Marry me"
    The sound of the wind caressing the tree, the sound of the rain hitting the ground, the sound of the river flowing into the ocean.
    Such a natural sound. This sound penetrates our hearts.
    "Let's eat a lot of delicious food, go to various places, rest and sleep when we are tired, laugh.
    Get up and go to bed together, and talk about the sun and the moon. The beauty. What I want, what I want to get rid of, what
    what I want to do and what I want to escape from, all of that, I'll make it happen."
    The words that I absolutely thought had no chance of glowing fell out.
    Like a falling star. With two Not enough hands, not enough arms, too many stars to hold, too many stars.
    "Always be together. Let me be by your side. Don't try to walk away. Don't forget that I am by your side."
    "If so, no matter what happens. If you don't want to live---take me with you."
    You don't know when you're going to live your whole life. Yolan's tears stopped, her cheeks were wrapped in her hands, and it was an interesting temperature that was hot and cold. It was
    beaten. The place is hot and the cold air outside takes away the body temperature.
    His eyes meet and his smile flows down the body. Little by little, she slowly stretches to the end.
    The wet skirt is cold and his feet are like ice cubes in indoor shoes. Cheeks and lips full of discomfort,
    scratches from running here are a bit painful. Pain, cold, sadness, sadness and happiness. Oh, I'm still alive.
    "... Really ?" "Hmm" "Will you come with me?"
    When one day, another day comes like today. When the pain is so strong that you feel like you don't want to live anymore.
    Instead of giving up hope, I want to give up everything.
    “Really… will you die with me?” Always, always, with me?
    "Yes." He nodded without hesitation with a melting smile. Very happy, very happy, very happy, as if to say that happiness
    it is unbearable. If that day comes, there will be the same smile. What a natural expression that was taken for granted. I know he stimulated the deep part of his nose and his expression wrinkled. Wanting to cry and wanting to laugh must have both. Although I do not know
    what to say at this time, perhaps words are unnecessary. Just follow your heart and follow your desires and wrap your arms around Yolan's neck.
    Although there are still many things to fear. But if Yolan, who is willing to live and die with him, is by his side, it will be less scary.

hombre me quedé sin boda, sin hijos, no hay nada. Todo mal con el autor.

cap 154
    No quiero ser un estorbo para nadie. Si no ayudo a nadie, al menos no me convierto en una carga.
    If I don't interfere with anyone, at least I will be allowed to exist. Arguably you don't need it, but don't throw it away.
    I hope to be recognized and needed by anyone. But it can't be done. Because my very existence is an obstacle.

I don't want to die, but no matter what life or death is, I don't see the value. Only, already tired.
    I hate pain and suffering, even if it is to punish my own sins, I can say that I am not responsible. Living so tired
    I just want the ordinary and natural to live. Like life, it was ready even if I didn't need it,
    but such a thing, Violet's hope, did not come true. Just such a thing.

Okay, that's all. It can be done now. ──Hello Yoran.
    Sorry, there must be something important. You must be here because of the concern. oh why do you know
    That I am here? Why do you know I ran away from home?
    Hey, why are you crying?
    “…Yolan?”

Like honey spilled from a bottle, dripping from golden eyes. Not in pain but sinking in sadness.
    I don't know when Yolan's hand slipped from Violet's cheek and landed weakly.
    This time, Violet moved closer to Yolan's cheek. Wiping tears in motion, and wiping with the pulp of my finger,
    I only touched a few drops of water, which are as warm as they are warm. Just like the me from just now, Yolan's hands overlapped.

Her body is drawn to his ample chest by the gentle force. Tokun tokun's soft voice soothes the eardrums.
    The strong arms held tightly without letting go, and the body could not move and was hugged tightly and bitterly.
    "──── Marry me"
    The sound of the wind caressing the tree, the sound of the rain hitting the ground, the sound of the river flowing into the ocean.
    Un sonido tan natural. Este sonido penetra nuestros corazones.
    "Comamos mucha comida deliciosa, vayamos a varios lugares, descansemos y durmamos cuando estemos cansados, ríamos.
    Levántense y acuéstense juntos, y hablen sobre el sol y la luna. La belleza. Lo que quiero, de lo que quiero deshacerme, de lo que
    lo que quiero hacer y de lo que quiero escapar, todo eso, lo haré realidad".
    Las palabras que absolutamente pensé que no tenían posibilidad de brillar cayeron.
    Como una estrella fugaz. Con dos No hay suficientes manos, no hay suficientes brazos, demasiadas estrellas para sostener, demasiadas estrellas.
    "Estar siempre juntos. Déjame estar a tu lado. No intentes alejarte. No olvides que estoy a tu lado".
    "Si es así, no importa lo que pase. Si no quieres vivir, llévame contigo".
    No sabes cuándo vas a vivir toda tu vida. Las lágrimas de Yolan se detuvieron, sus mejillas estaban envueltas en sus manos, y era una temperatura interesante que era caliente y fría. Fue
    vencido. El lugar es caluroso y el aire frío del exterior quita la temperatura corporal.
    Sus ojos se encuentran y su sonrisa fluye por el cuerpo. Poco a poco, se estira lentamente hasta el final.
    La falda mojada está fría y sus pies son como cubitos de hielo en los zapatos de interior. Mejillas y labios llenos de incomodidad,
    los rasguños de correr aquí son un poco dolorosos. Dolor, frío, tristeza, tristeza y alegría. Oh, todavía estoy vivo.
    "... En realidad ?" "Hmm" "¿Vendrás conmigo?"
    Cuando un día, llega otro día como hoy. Cuando el dolor es tan fuerte que sientes que ya no quieres vivir.
    En lugar de perder la esperanza, quiero renunciar a todo.
    "De verdad... ¿morirás conmigo?" ¿Siempre, siempre, conmigo?
    "Sí." Él asintió sin dudarlo con una sonrisa derretida. Muy feliz, muy feliz, muy feliz, como diciendo que la felicidad
    es insoportable Si ese día llega, habrá la misma sonrisa. Qué expresión tan natural que se daba por sentada. Sé que estimuló la parte profunda de su nariz y su expresión se arrugó. Querer llorar y querer reír deben tener ambas cosas. aunque no lo se
    qué decir en este momento, quizás las palabras sean innecesarias. Solo sigue tu corazón y sigue tus deseos y envuelve tus brazos alrededor del cuello de Yolan.
    Aunque todavía hay muchas cosas que temer. Pero si Yolan, que está dispuesta a vivir y morir con él, está a su lado, será menos aterrador.

Khadz likes this.
  10. MiyuChan16

MiyuChan16 I'm craving some food...

Reading List:
    Link
    Too lazy to re-read all the comments here...lol
    So can someone/anyone tell me who's the ML??:blobsweat_2::blobexpressionless::cookie:

11. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yulan is

12. MiyuChan16

MiyuChan16 I'm craving some food...

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the red haired one??
    Is this really sure??
    Can someone dropped some spoilers here
    A scene of MC & Yulan
    Some just sweet moments of them or something :aww::blobReach::blobsweat_2:

13. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Yulan is the redhead. It's certain. Yulan even asked Vio to marry him and she agreed.

Dlee likes this.
  14. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that the ML is settled, everyone just wants Vio's dad to suffer, also apparently her stepmom is also crazy though from what i understand she notices Vio more than her own dad even if she never says anything until late in the story.

Deeyodee and Khadz like this.
  15. Luna Skye

Luna Skye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that MC trying to kill MJ was bad writing. Her pride and her being itself was always crushed by her father, Claudia and everyone else. Everything about her was always denied while MJ was put forward as a display piece of perfection. Trying to kill off MJ is like breaking their display piece, making her flawed. It's like saying "Look she's just a human being like myself not some kind of immortal goddess everyone is making out of her", taking her down from the pedestal her surroundings erected. By that time she came to killing MJ I think she was already too far gone to care what anybody thought of her. She just wanted MJ the reason for her complete downfall gone so nobody could parade her in front of her. She didn't want the cause of her unhappiness to be happy and to live a fulfilled life loved by everybody around her. It's not just a simple jealousy anymore. It's resignation. And given that she repented in jail (where she had pretty much time to stop and think being alone and doing embroidery) shows that she realised how ridiculous her behaviour was. How stupid it was to put herself so much under pressure to fulfill expectations of other people and just be ignored in the end. It wasn't a sudden 180° degree turn in behaviour. Just something she came up with after very careful consideration and self-reflection in jail. If she were just executed in her first lifetime she probably wouldn't have her current mindset.

16. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But then it makes violet wrong. She becomes as bad as the family that harmed her. The story is one of redemption. But how should she redeem herself when her acts were simply erased from existence by returning to the past. She loses her justifications to judge mj, her father and her mother because she too acted as crazy as them once. Author was too extreme with that scenario and now is unable to explain it properly or justify it. Author simply pretends it didn't happen because he can't solve this.

Simply being convicted for another crime would be enough to make her change her mind. OR author could have gone with the revenge route. Thing is, vio stops being innocent the moment she attempts murder. Nothing justifies a murder. So, the whole redemption and dislike of her family doesn't really work. How do you redeem yourself when you do not own up to your own acts.

17. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    WTF?????
    She is redeeming herself as a person, the resetting the timeline does not invalidate that.

Redemption is not limited to just making things up to your victims, especially when the "victims" like her sperm donor and sperm donors wife actually deserved it.

No she does not lose it, and you are missing something major.

She saw who they truly are, that part remains unchanged. her ability to judge them remains completely unchanged.

Her actions were due to abuse and neglect, she was pushed to a breaking point. There is a reason temporary insanity is a actual legal defense. Vio was mistreated her entire life, by the people responsible for protecting her at that. Her mother's death just changed the abuser and nature of abuse.

Someone snapping due to abuse does invalidate their ability to judge the people who abused them.

B S
    you are making things that are not a problem a problem, then claiming the author can not solve the problem you just created that does NOT exist in the story.
    It depends on the situation. But yes there are justifications, though only as a last resort.
    She did admit she did wrong, and is seekign to get away fromt he abuse that caused her to do wrong.

Do you even understand abuse, or are you just a some huge victim blaming A-hole??? Suffer all the abuse but a soon as you actually fight back you lose all the high ground and are just as bad, if not worse, as your abusers thus deserving of what you got in the first place???

18. Luna Skye

Luna Skye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what her redemption is all about. Exactly because she acted as crazily obsessive as her mom (because she never LEARNT anything else) she landed where she was in her last life. Her means of retaliation against her abuse were a no go (obsessively running after the highest honour (queen) and after it failed trying to kill her "obstacle")

This life she is determined to NOT go that way. She decides to ignore that so called family even if it hurts like hell observing them, gave up her obsessive pursuit of the prince (which made him hate her in her last life and where she acted exactly like her mom) and made him actually notice her. She gives MJ pointers for noble life without getting too abusive about it (while in her last life she only called out her faults and never gave constructive criticism which gave the self-righteous prince a chance to be a hero for a damsel in distress and thus making him blind to his own faults). AND she notices that she had friends on her side (namely Yulan and Marin) who would go to hell and back for her so she isn't as alone as she thought herself to be in the last life. So she decides to cherish them.
    After realising her feelings for Yulan she actually has a nervous breakdown. She is afraid of love, because of what her parents did to her. That's how broken she actually is even after getting a second take on her life.

Pearl1995 and renuac like this.
  19. Ahmad5156007

Ahmad5156007 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So at the end who does Vio end up with? hope it's not the crown prince, Yulan is better option
    Or the novel hasn't reach that part yet?

20. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not the Crown Prince.

DOHere likes this.