Discussion Luck

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by By.Eve, Oct 4, 2022.

Tags:
?

Do you believe "LUCK" ?!

Poll closed Oct 14, 2022.
  1. Yes

70.6%
  2. No

29.4%
  1. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. What make you believe it??
    2. Can you give your reason about that?

hypersniper159 likes this.
  2. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s kinda like a spice of life you know? I feel that if you just accept things as, “lucky” it’s easier to avoid jealousy, trapping yourself, and to move on.
    Besides, 2nd law of thermodynamics- entropy- the world tends to build towards chaos, if it’s good or bad, is how we decide/look at it. So yeah “Luck” does exist. Kinda.

3. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    Then,
    1. Do you have experience about that?
    2. Are Luck and Fate the same?

And i like a lot your phrased
    "Luck is Spice of Life."

Emma626 and hypersniper159 like this.
  4. hypersniper159

hypersniper159 Creator of NuF’s 7th Enigma

Reading List:
    Link
    1) No not really, well except for being born differently than people in my irl community, 2) and fate is what will come while luck is what’s happening now. Luck is a reaction/interaction while fate is bound to happen one way or another.

By.Eve likes this.
  5. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    No , because If I say I got lucky , my luck is going to go away

6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to tell. There is no such thing as the world going out of its way to make life better (or worse) for anybody without a reason. If something does seem to happen - there must be a million (perhaps unfair) reasons.
    Life is a very very tightly woven chain, not a sequence of unrelated happenstances. Sure, some things do happen very unexpectedly, but that is just underwater curremts accumilating into a wave.
    All things are meant to be in some form of other. Not that it's a good or a bad thing.

By.Eve likes this.
  7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Luck is simply probability working in your favour expressed primaevally.

8. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I think luck is just like karma. Its all Cause and effect but on a universal level.

If you do kind things for others theyre bound to do kind things in return.

The universe balances itself out.

9. BooklessBookworm

BooklessBookworm Sensible Little Sister ꒰ঌ(⃔ ⌯' '⌯)⃕໒꒱

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I don’t have any.

10. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time I have to line up for something, my line is the slowest. Sometimes it gets ridiculous. I'd line up with only two people in front of me, and the first one will suddenly ask for 20 boxes of cigarettes that need to be brought back from storage and it's a whole procession and 10 minutes of waiting... Last time I had to go through the border and there were three lines of cars. The line I went to suddenly slowed down to 1 car every 5 minutes, while the other lines kept going 2 cars per minute.

If there are scratch cards with minor rewards I'll never win anything. My dad once picked three cards and all three had winnings. It's a 25% odds for those particular cards. But it's 0% for me.

If I buy something I fancy, it'll be 20% off a few days after I've bought it.

I've never found money on the street. Not even a coin. My sister has done so at least 20 times that I recall of.

If I carry an umbrella with me, it won't rain. But if the weather forecast is sunny and I don't bring an umbrella, it'll rain.

So...Luck, we're not acquainted.

hypersniper159 likes this.
  11. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Why? There's an old Irish saying: "Cheer up, if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all."

Now whether Luck is a supernatural force or an incomprehensible web of actions and consequences resulting in unforeseen events is a whole other argument. :blobneutral:

By.Eve and hypersniper159 like this.
  12. SkySolluna

SkySolluna Moon Warrior

Reading List:
    Link
    No.
    If you believe it's like your basing your life or something with luck. Than saying to me good luck I want God bless~

13. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    I think fate is something that would happen regardless of your will. Destiny is choosing one of the paths willingly. And luck is when you're given a choice in life and before you choose the wrong one something or someone shows you the right path. Not all choices are wrong, but for example marriage is not fate. But perhaps that relationship was fate. You were fated to meet that person but marrying them is your choice. But do you know if they are the right fate. Many other relationships are fate, maybe you'll meet another fate and that other one is the right choice. So one day, by luck you found out that person cheating on you before marriage. You'll be heartbroken but you're lucky because you figured it out before marriage. Anyway there a lot of other examples. Sorry for my crude writing.

By.Eve likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You know... When you play D&D with someone, and that person consistently gets more critical hits than the rest of the party combined, you just accept that they're lucky.

Yeah, luck happens. And sometimes you have unlucky days too. Sometimes you're like, having a bit of a bad day, but hoping some other things will cheer you up... And then 5 different things that were out of your control suddenly happen all at once and make your bad day become a disastrous one... That's unlucky.

Other times you just make a random pull at a gacha game and get the best unit in the game and you're just like... OMG OMG OMG! I'm so lucky!

It happens~

By.Eve and Emma626 like this.
  15. Lovelybutter

Lovelybutter The loveliest butter

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes…i’m lucky enough..that the fridge never went off…or i would’ve had melted….

By.Eve, hypersniper159 and Pachia320 like this.
  16. Pachia320

Pachia320 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of luck as a probability. The probability of me beating the odds of the game. As in being 1 of the few that manage to be the 10% that won the game. Mainly just whether the coin will flip heads or tails.

Mr. Tired and By.Eve like this.
  17. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sip...
    (y)

So are you believe or not R2 ?

So can i draw a conclution that @The Hamster Overlord is not believe about luck? But believe about your efford?

Good Quote!!

Great!!!
    Then can i ask @Mnotia ?!
    If you said Luck is just like Karma,,, can Luck be passed down to the offspring or descendants?

You have,,, but your luck may not like other... And if you really don't have any... Ask your God!!!
    You knows my luck that i grateful to my God is that... My mom didn't birth me "the deed" before married and my mom is not a girl or woman who grab someone's husband,,, and my lineage also clean from that household wrecker descendant.

18. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe in luck.

I myself has luck ritual with time as the basis when I play Gacha games. 23:11, my luck in gacha games increased massively when I gacha at that time.

By.Eve likes this.
  19. By.Eve

By.Eve [Eve are Ieve]

Reading List:
    Link
    You have,,, but your luck may not like other... And if you really don't have any... Ask your God!!!
    You knows my luck that i grateful to my God is that... My mom didn't birth me "the deed" before married and my mom is not a girl or woman who grab someone's husband,,, and my lineage also clean from that
    Don't be discouraged if luck isn't on your side. maybe your luck will be your partner in the near future, that he will respect you who you are, and loved you daerly and sincerity...

Great Person.
    You are not a pessimistic human.
    I loved your statement... @KageTokage

Is not like that senior @SkySolluna .
    I just believe Luck, but in my whole life,,, my luck is just my Elder who has gone to camping in graveyard have great blood line,, although they are not royal blood or something grand,, they are just teachers...
    And you knows teachers has good caste in Hindu right?

Oh my God!!! Sister @Emma626 Visit my thread!?
    Oh my God!!! She is also comment?! This is my Luck...
    Thank God!!

Thank you Elder Alice and Sister for visit my threat also comments on it.

Thank you @AliceShiki and @Emma626 for visit my threat also comments on it.
    Hahaha...

Good Match brain you have senior

What should i reply you elder ?!

20. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Summoning my jutsu in luck , the @unlucky

I don't believe in luck but surely blame luck when I don't go happy go lucky 乁⁠ʕ⁠ ⁠•̀⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠•́⁠ ⁠ʔ⁠ㄏ