Spoiler I Will Fall With the Emperor/ 황제와 함께 타락하겠습니다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by roseO, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Txurella

Txurella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would they have a child soon considering they did the deed?

2. Tornister12311

Tornister12311 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's hard to tell if they did it, i think he stoped cuz her hands were shacking when they were in bed and i think next day she recalled her memories when she was prisoner so it's hard to tell if they did or not

torte1315, evanesco99211 and Scapezz like this.
  3. Priyyaa

Priyyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is srsly a bastard tbh. I just dont get it, how could she allow him to touch her. I would never even talk to a person this disgusting let alone let him touch me. Why is she so good to him when he is one of the reasons for her misery in her past. How absolutely disgusting. I seriously don't approve him as a male lead. He is such a repulsing piece of shit to be a male lead i swear. He uses woman's for fun and uses them as he pleases and then threw them out like that. He didn't even bother to talk to that 4th concubine face to face but rather asked his servants to throw her out like that. No matter what, she was your bed partner, or like a wife or something and that's no way u should treat your partner. And even if we leave evrything else she was a human as well. If he would be like she did wicked things then duh "she did it bcz u allowed her to, u fucking piece of shit". Thats not the way u should treat someone u used for your own benefits u shit.

4. XoxoHikari

XoxoHikari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He wasnt the one who r4ped her. In fact, he never faced her in her past life except to offer her to be his empress when they (the chariot kingdom) caught her because of her magic talents. She destroyed alot of his armies when her family waged war against his kingdom to take back her sister. Her family betrayed her. So he said he wanted her to join forces to "wipe out the people we trusted" he said. Although the gang r4ped and the people who blinded her was in his prison. So she never took his hand.
    Its also not known if he slept with the othr concubines. He kept them as political hostages tho. But he alwys drew a line. He is an asshole bcos he trusts no one and is unemotional. But because he is in a position to alwys be backstabbed he nvr looks at a woman who is weak and useless. That's as much as an asshol3 as he can be. He's just not the damsel-saving kind of asshol3.

athene911, spchntrt, Girokar and 11 others like this.
  5. Priyyaa

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that he wasn't the one who raped her but just think about it. If there's a war between two nations does that give the powerful nation a right to rape woman of weaker nation. I'm sure everyone knows abt the Vietnamese war, in that the US soldiers raped vietnamese women. Do you think it's alright? Don't they deserve justice.? But no the soldiers werent punished because the US department concluded it by saying that the soldiers saw gruesome things and went crazy!!! Is that even a excuse to use woman as a toy? Just like that, the emperor didn't do anything even when he knew what was happening to her and said that he would help her only if she becomes his wife??? Is that the kind of justice he could offer as a ruler? They removed her eyes u know!?? Thats why I said that wouldn't even talk to him! And he is a ruler of his nation so he doesn't have right to hold hostages from other nations to begin with. And if you are going to hold hostages then why don't you get a hold of a man rather than a woman. They are not chess pieces on game for u to play and abandon them when u don't need them.

6. XoxoHikari

XoxoHikari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry @Priyyaa, I undrstnd your resentment, but I was merely saying that as much as he didn't play a direct hand in her torture, he also did not do anything to help her. It wasn't known if the perps were punished or not, and he did heal her eyes. I agree that he isnt the best person. He doesnt get involved. He didnt play them, he makes it known they are only there to be useful to him. He's straightforward in showing ppl his intentions. That's why FL knows how to deal with a person like him. He's a character that has gone thru betrayal and closed off his emotions. Isn't that the same as the FL now that she came back. A character that doesnt allow themselves to be put beneath someone else. That's why when he offered his hand, he said the two of them were the same. He didnt do it because he cared for her, or wanted to help her. Back then, he saw her as a means to get rid of the ppl he needs to get rid of. Same as what she's doing now. For the both of them who never knew love, they undrstnd each othr's needs but not their own. They see themselves in each other, but do not realise the feelings involved. That's also why she thought she could sleep with him, not because of love but she thinks its a way to earn his trust. (But I think he stopped halfway cause he sensed her discomfort.) They just see each other as stepping stones.

7. Txurella

Txurella Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we get where your coming from but do remember this is marked as a historical novel/manwha, those are “activities” people did in the past thats now considered HISTORY.

If it was modern then we wouldn’t be defending them rn

8. Priyyaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I know that this is being made in ancient times but if we dont change, the patriarchal rule will continue uknow. I am only saying this bcz I learned a lot about criminals and then I came to realise that they think that women are something they can use for fun even in these times that's why it disgusts me to look at this male lead. If he was a side character or somthing I wouldn't even care but to have a male lead of this sort is weird.

Ik. I'm not blaming u or fighting with u it's just that I wanted to explain why I said all that. And that's it. I can't influence anyone nor change their perspective of what they think and yes u are logically right but what I am trying to say is from the point of view that men take women as their plaything. Tbh half of his achievements is bcz of the women he brought in the palace yet he threw her out in that manner. Thats not how u should treat someone. Bfr FL came the 4th concubine was the one who helped him trade with yulan nation bcz the king hated him but now that FL helped him secure what he wants, he literally got her thrown out. I'm not saying that woman was saintess or something but ML doesn't deserve to be the male lead is what I feel

9. shikimiho

shikimiho Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In reality, she was raped when she went back to her own realm, not the Emperor's. When she refused his invitation to join him, he sent her back to her kingdom where she was subjected to sexual abuse and torture.

The emperor's character development is still something I'm looking for. It's fortunate that he doesn't have a cliched character, I guess.

torte1315, Inasible, Scapezz and 5 others like this.
  10. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not the only one who hates the ML, right?

He bullies the weak and favors the strong. He treats MC like a pawn, just like her family, and only treats her well when she becomes useful.
    He begins to actually like her romantically, it seems, but who needs this shit person's love?
    And she even basically sold her body for extra favour from him...disgusting.

I don't mind cruel MLs, who initially treat the MC bad, as long as they're that way to everyone. But this kind of weak guy, who offends just those he can afford to offend and accommodates the ones he can't, is just pathetic.

Girokar, Despaireon, salty25 and 18 others like this.
  11. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Omg... So it was her own nation o.o maybe it was arranged by her trash family.....

Scapezz likes this.
  12. Priyyaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Ik. I'm not blaming u or fighting with u it's just that I wanted to explain why I said all that. And that's it. I can't influence anyone nor change their perspective of what they think and yes u are logically right but what I am trying to say is from the point of view that men take women as their plaything. Tbh half of his achievements is bcz of the women he brought in the palace yet he threw her out in that manner. Thats not how u should treat someone. Bfr FL came the 4th concubine was the one who helped him trade with yulan nation bcz the king hated him but now that FL helped him secure what he wants, he literally got her thrown out. I'm not saying that woma
    Thats what I'm saying. Being cold and aloof to MC isnt what the problem is. Many of the male male lead or may be almost all of them are cold and aloof but later start liking the MC. It's fine cz those male leads are cold to everyone without exceptions. But He is making use of women who are weak as hostages to take advantage from the strong and that's what is annoying. If u r "oh so great" then why don't u hold Males as hostage!!!! He is using marriage as an excuse to hold hostages from different countries and making use of them to make the parents of those girls to work for him. If u r great then capture and make men your hostage and not women.

Is that so? I thought it was in the emperors country cz his cuncubines tortured her and she was blind in the manhwa when they were raping her (wearing a blindfold) but when she went back she didn't have a blindfold so that meant that she was cured before coming back to her country and she said that the 3rd concubine cured her or something so I thought that she cured her eyes!!!! I might be wrong though.

13. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally what I said out loud irl. The bar is literally on the FLOOR. In hell even.. all the excuses defending the ml r all "well, this is from back then so it's reasonable" "well, he doesn't trust anyone so" "well, he only uses them for power yk?" Like can we actually get a decent ml for goodness sake.

And how tf can the fl fall for him?? It was actually funny how the fl in the beginning was all like "I HATE YALL" and starts to remember everyone who shitted on her but views ml as her "hero", I mean in one context, sure. But girly, don't forget u got tortured and possible AS'd in that man's prison cell. He did not give an f to u(understandable) and when u were still fucking stupid and useless, he gave u back to ur own country to just end up getting killed. How in the hell can u fall for him??? The dude already has multiple concubines, it's already a red flag. She didn't change from the first tl, she is still stupid. I bet if someone captures her, opens her eyes of how shitty the ml is, she will reincarnate and take revenge both on her family and ml LMAO

14. Priyyaa

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally someone said something I absolutely loved to hear. I mean even if the story is written in ancient times it doesn't matter cz we need a good ML and not a shitty one. This is not an ancient script or documentary but rather a fantasy novel so there shouldn't be anything in the novel that becomes a bad influence on other's life. So at least the main characters shouldn't be like this. If he was a side character I wouldnt care to talk all this much. And to begin with there were no concubines as such in ancient European system because it's shameful even for an emperor to sleep with multiple women officially. Yeah they kept mistresses, true. Well they were all unofficial people who could never openly talk about their affair with the emperor to begin with. So there's no way this is an ancient times based story. Only the east asians like china Korea or other countries had concubines kind of thing.

15. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe that was just me but I didn't get the impression that she saw him as a hero but that she views him as a useful tool. For me it reads like to her he's one asshole of many, but at least he can temporarily protect her.

He's such a freaking douchebag though. For once he's the main reason why the harem is such a terrible place and the fact that he slut shamed and humiliated his own wife (her sister in their past wife) for wanting to sleep with him makes him beyond trashy.

Also imagine if FL married him in her first life, he would have put her on a pedestal in an enemy country where she burned down half their soldiers, I'm sure she would have had a splendid time and would have been beloved by everyone....

He doesn't give a shit about his own soldiers, his main wife, his concubines or anyone else but himself and his own greatness. Ew.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  16. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, MC is not quite sane herself after all the things she's went through in her first life,
    burning hundreds of people alive, getting betrayed by her only family that she trusted, going through torture, r*pe and unfair execution.

To me it looks like both main leads are psychos and were made this way by their upbringing and surroundings. Not sure that they can actually love, and not be obsessed or possessive. There's no novel, so we don't know if the author will make the story about healing or will focus on revenge only, but in my opinion these characters will look too cheesy when "healed", so it would be cool if they have stayed a couple of cruel tyrants until the very end. At least that would make a non-cliché revenge story.

This is my problem with harem stories in the European setting. The worst case of cultural appropriation.
    Even a kid knowing a bit of the world history can tell that with the way religion and church were the center of politics in Europe for so many centuries it was impossible for a ruler to have a harem. Very rarely in very few countries during a less strict period of time some rules could openly have mistresses, but it wasn't a norm. And then k-authors go even further and start to twist even Asian harem rules making an Empress, the next person after the Emperor in terms of power, a useless trophy just because an Emperor doesn't have interest in her.

Harems had so many laws specifically to avoid most of the drama and to make it clear what is the hierarchy and what is expected from each of the members of this structure. And here ML just makes a mess out of his own palace because his women are openly harassing, torturing and killing each other.

According to the world setting they were sent to him in exchange for different deals. So how is it supposed to work when his "hostage" that solidifies a deal is being harassed or killed by another "hostage" because the Emperor doesn't care what his concubines do to each other?

In a normal world it should affect his image in the worst way, because he as the highest person in the hierarchy can't stop his "subordinates" aka wives from ruining his business deals. All sane families on the continent are supposed to stop any transactions with him and send their daughters to more stable husbands, because they would loose their assets (daughters) and the deal can be cancelled any time without a notice like it has happened with the 4th concubine.

I also think that partnering with ML was simply the best option for MC to survive.
    She already knew a lot of stuff that was going to happen in the future and the most powerful person whom she could sell this information was ML.

Her family is not just some nobles, they are rulers of one of the kingdoms, and they are quite cunning to have a long-term plan about setting up MC and to partner secretly with other kingdoms. So it was wise for MC to find a more powerful person to partner with to get away from her family and to get a proper revenge.

I also doubt that MC has now any feelings of admiration or gratitude for ML. It looks like she doesn't bother much about his character and any of his words. After all the abuse she has experienced in her past life she is too thick-skinned to pay attention to such trivial things. She just knows what the Emperor needs and uses whatever tools she has to get useful for survival and revenge. Even sleeping with ML was MC's way to solidify her position, it didn't involve any feelings for her whatsoever.

I'm hopeful and expect that she'll stay the same psycho self for a long time and that her opponents will also get more adequate and twisted, because
    sending her dead cats, pouring the wine on her head and hurting her servant
    are such trivial things to do that I experience the second-hand embarrassment reading this. The girl can basically burn down the whole harem in seconds, what the hell is this mediocre level of opponents?

Also there's a chance that readers will pressure the author to change the ML, e.g. to that green-haired servant of hers, so this manhwa has some potential. I also enjoy the art style quite a lot, even though it's more simple than a lot of other works, there's definitely some charm in it.

17. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

its0k likes this.
  18. Fostofina

Fostofina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda dig the art too. The ML's shoulders may look wide enough for cars to cross on in comparison to his tiny head, but the way the artist draws FL's sexy evil silhouette is what keeps me clicking through to the next chapter.

19. sort0fshort

sort0fshort Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About the ml:sweating_profusely:..

I don't really blame him for what happened to the FL in her past life:notlikeblob:, as he was the emperor he probably doesn't really care what happens with the prisoners and how they are treated in prison. It was the prison guards that was abusing the situation, taking revenge probably, as she also killed a lot of their comrades and shit. And ml has other important things to do like state affairs and shit, to know what's happening to some random prison girl.
    The ML offering her help was just probably a whim as he relate to her somewhat, and probably not interested enough to monitor her. And as she always refuse his offer of cooperation, he simply don't see any use of keeping her and sent her back to her homeland.
    As for me, I still can't find enough fault in him to drop this manhwa. We know that he will be cold and calculative with the way he got to his position as the emperor (killing his father and brothers for the throne). And I don't think he's that different to the typical emperor/king type of ml. It's just this Time, the manhwa showed the harsh reality if you became a prisoner, that commonly happens. His character isn't really explored much yet for me to call him an as#@hole

20. ricelover

ricelover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i got the feeling that the third concubine might not be as innocent as she look. Maybe she try to look got in front of ML by showing sympathy towards FL in the first timeline :blobpoliceangry: haha I guess I read too many manhwa and novel I can't find anything positive about innocent looking character..

Yume-sama likes this.