What got you into Comics/Manga? Your tale discovery. ^_^

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mustafa_Kulle, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Mustafa_Kulle

Mustafa_Kulle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Feel free to share your story about how you got into comics/manga.

Here's mine:
    Ever since I was a kid I was into comics.
    I think I was about 8 years old when I got my first Batman comic. This was after I watched the Batman 1989 movie by Tim Burton, which is still my favourite movie of all time. This was also when I discovered Alan Moore and his 'Killing Joke' story. Since then I've been into Alan Moore's literature, Frank Miller's comics, and then I discovered whole world of comics, worlds and characters to explore.

More in-depth story on my video here.

During that time I was into Anime, particularly, Voltron and Gundam, that was when I discovered the Japanese had a comic universe of their own. It wasn't until I went to an Anime Convention that I bought my first proper Manga comics. I forgot the title, it was about a teenager who wants to be a Manga artist, and he liked this girl who wants to be an anime voice actor. I don't know if it was a biography or not but it pulled me. I hope to read more manga in future.

So, what's your discovery tale?

2. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    My dad got Netflix when I was 14, and I started watching the k-dramas and c-dramas on there. I saw the anime on there too and thought it was weird, but I gave SAO a try… and then I started to watch more anime. Two years ago, I began reading manga, then moved to manwha and manhua (the colors made it easier for me to read). Then about 8 months ago I read SVSSS, and that eventually led me here

3. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea. But dad got us super into dragons as kids haha and he used to bring pirated CDs...to watch on tv etc etc since we had no wifi my sister used to get my dad's and mom's phone to use the net through hijacking other people's net haha and she got a laptop when we were 10 or 9 and has been using it ever since, I used to become her chair for the wifi haha never got to use it as my sister promised me a turn, but my turn never came lol but still warm memories, then she was super into night core somehow? Also my cousins used to let us watch Inuyasha on their PC ever since we were at a age where cartoon became entertainment haha we were obsessed with Inuyasha back then and also the anime of Cinderella used to come on tv so I used to watch that and moomin and also Doraemon then at 12 we discovered manga owl...hahaha at 11 we knew Pinterest I think? But didn't have an account. My sister was into gacha till gacha clubs release too idk all I know is I discovered scum bag system and got into novel updates and then began the development of my realization that liking both the genders was not a everyone around me thing? I began exploring the internet at 12 I think though but that was only with my sister? Untill I got my hands on a tablet, that's when I started reading novels and mangas I remember the first manga I read was not on the web it was a collection from the same cousins who introduced us to Inuyasha haha

Don't know but I'll be 16 this December and here we are

Mustafa_Kulle likes this.
  4. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your first manga is called Bakuman, and it has been turned to an anime. It's by the same author who wrote Death note.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Internet.

Sure, I like to read from young. But, as a child I could only read from library (they didnt have comic/manga) and my parents wouldnt allow me to buy stuff like comic/manga.

Internet!
    Internet made me super hype into them.

6. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I don't remember....

Eat_Angst and Mustafa_Kulle like this.
  7. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    It all started when I gone and buy an anime disc in the night market. I'm quite irritated that day since I need to buy stuff for my sister with my own money. But, who would have thought that day would be my saving graces.

Anyway, I got quite addicted after that day :blobxd: and it spiral from anime, to manga, to game, to novel, and I become the person I am now. My familial relations got better too, so I appreciated it.

Btw, the best manga for me is manga written in 4-koma style.

8. Cyltea

Cyltea New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't remember since when, but it's very early.
    My sister likes manga, and it already lying around at home ever since I remember (Usually shoujo japanese manga).
    We also get inheritance from older family members (cousins and all) for western comics like Donald Duck, Casper, Richie Rich, etc.

Eat_Angst and Mustafa_Kulle like this.