Discussion Do you use twitter?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kaylee, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If yes. Are you gonna found new soc-med platform to replace twitter? Or just 'I dont care'?
    What's platform that can do as good as twitter and be used by general public, news outlet, bussinessess, or just anyone beside instagram?

Almost all my circle in twitter are saying goodbyes.
    Twitter is good source of news for me too. Quick. Reliable (most of the time). Easy.
    We're kinda scrambling to find another option in case it stops tomorrow.
    Some choosing discord, which I dont really like because it's not that 'free, open and public'.
    Some reactiving instagram and tumblr.
    Some trying to work with Mastodon.
    I just heard about hive.

luoxinle and Cutter Masterson like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Twitter was still cancer before Musk's takeover... Not like he could make it much worse anyway, even if he tried. :blobexpressionless:

P.S. I was never on Twitter at any point.

Kaylee and ikhors like this.
  3. Professional_lurker

Professional_lurker [Pro gacha gamer]

Reading List:
    Link
    In my case, I only used twitter as a news platforms, mostly for some content creators that I follow, but that's it. So even if it goes down I won't really be affected. At most I will get some popcorn to enjoy the show that will ensue.
    As for what other platform people will move to.... mostly the other popular ones like instagram, tumblr and reddit, depending on their communities.

Kaylee likes this.
  4. MusicFromMiles

MusicFromMiles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried it once, got bored soon after. Now I'm just having fun watching the chaos insues. Heard the majority of you guys are migrating to Tumblr or was that canceled?

Kaylee likes this.
  5. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    just a lurker. only use it so i dont have to change that setting where there is nsfw 3d animated smut made by a particular user there. and see it directly

Kaylee likes this.
  6. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mostly just use twitter for fanart , rarely use it even for fanart ...

Kaylee likes this.
  7. sakyuya

sakyuya 【Villain】【Very tired and wants to retire】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Twitter is one of the best place to find interesting post. Sadly, its life may end anytime soon now. After all, this half dead twitter is Twitter 2.0.

Joking aside, lets convince twitter user to migrate to NU instead and turned all of them into Nuffians! :blobhero:

Kaylee and Cutter Masterson like this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nope~
    this cat only use Facebook.... wait~ the last time this cat log in basically just for posting game achievement~

so basically this cat will not miss it~ this cat mostly lurker on social media ya know~ for discussion or such this cat use whatsapp on some groups, there also Line~ for news this cat will scramble on news sites, youtube channel both official news and specific topic bloggers err youtubers there also tv and radio for important news~

different country have different platforms~

Kaylee and sakyuya like this.
  9. ikhors

ikhors [ Servant Of Evil ]

Reading List:
    Link
    lolol i had an account for a solid week before i quit (some times i hop on for fanarts of medias i'm in and stuff but that's usually once a never). I saw something horrible that i don't want to describe on here but yeah. Twitter was a shit hole before elon anyway, it's just gonna get worse with his take over

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it's interesting to know that twitter is not popular for nufian here.

I dont know how shit hiole twitter was, but for us it works just fine. :D
    Well, the aspect of fangirling in twitter works a charm for us, especially when the idols we're following also created twitter.

11. Eat_Angst

Eat_Angst |System T219| [The Bear Monarch]

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea what's happening but I do use it, I don't know how I'm gonna share and get free chapters on bilibili or follow my favorite artists anymore....buhu...

12. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Never used it, never will. It seems like too much trouble and I don't have the energy to keep up with it. No Instagram, no tik tok, no tumblr at the time... I only keep facebook because of friends and colleagues, but I use an account with a fake name, so I wouldn't be traceable by others who just know my name. No discord yet either... I guess I'm just asocial. I'd rather read tbh. And I come here when I need some sort of interaction in short bursts. No energy to keep up with online friendships :blobdead:. I have a tendency to disappear for prolonged periods of time and most people lose patience with me, which is obvious and understandable lol. I had a lot more desire for friends when I was a teen and used to chat with strangers a lot. Now I don't even see my real friends more than once a month.

13. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to frequent Twitter but now I use it as an emotion dump account. Like once a month, I tweet something because I was emotional and then never visit it again for a couple of weeks.

14. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    I never really used twitter that much. Most of the time i avoid social media.

15. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Do. Very rarely now

16. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I mostly post art there, but I don't enjoy using it, since I seem to vent and see things on twitter that sour my mood despite only want to see art on there....
    Like it's nice to find out new updates right away because I apparently sims 4 and deviantart rather just announce stuff on twitter, but I just hate how politics & BS always in my feed somehow.

However I have too many social media accounts, so I'm not in the mood to make a new one to try it out.

17. luoxinle

luoxinle Book Club Founder

Reading List:
    Link
    Try creating an anonymous poll and see what answers you get. Since the first few comments were "no" answers, a lot of people who do use Twitter may have passed this thread by without commenting. An anonymous poll gets people to respond before they see how other people answered.

I do use Twitter for some things, and I'm deciding how I will proceed in the future. On the one hand, I don't rely on Twitter that heavily. On the other hand, I don't really have a better platform for accessing: memes, union organizing news, cute dog posts, etc. Not sure how important those things are to me, and whether I will decide to just do without.

Kaylee likes this.