Spoiler The Yu Brother’s Case Book

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by yooh, Aug 4, 2017.

1. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Kei-Em03

Kei-Em03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give me spoiler??
    Who are Fang Yi Xu and Teng Qi? Are they good? Bad? Whats their purpose?
    Can Yu see ghosts too?

3. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    Fang Yi Xun and Teng Qi are cousins. I forgot which of the two it was, but one of their mothers (aka the other’s aunt) was one of the visitors murdered by Xiao Yu’s father during the mass homicide. They share a common goal with Xiao Yu, which is to kill the drug leader that led the tragedy to happen. They’re cold towards Xiao Yu at first (though they know it isn’t his fault, they hate his father), but eventually they become friends. The pair is also knowledgable about the supernatural because of family reasons.

Xiao Yu cannot see ghosts. He can feel their touch. Fang Yi Xun can see ghosts though.

Kei-Em03 and alexfilia like this.
  4. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
  5. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    S3V4 was released a few days ago - just wanted to share snapshots of some of my favourite parts~ (I skipped some extra context throughout)

"Did you...follow someone here?"
    The crimson eyes in the darkness were fixed on the dimly lit room. The air seemed to freeze, and Yu Yin began mentally prepare himself to face some kind of illusion or haunted path or end up spitting blood as he anxiously studied the shadow.
    But after more than ten seconds, there was still nothing happening.
    "....?"
    The shadow outside silently bowed at him, as if gesturing "I'll leave things in your hands then", and subsequently retreated to vanish in the night.
    Yu Yin was momentarily dumbstruck.
    ---So what are you trying to say?!
    Was it just passing by?
    No, no, I'm absolutely certain it was waiting for me to notice it. It had definitely been staring straight at me, intentionally waiting for me to look in its direction.
    If it was seeking something from me, it should've at least left a clue!

Yu Yin rubbed his forehead. While he didn't receive any physical or mental harm, his mind was filled with question marks. He had absolutely no idea how to interpret the intention.
    It would've been better off showing me a scene!
    Are ghosts nowadays even more advanced at "let's play guess"? But I haven't gained that kind of tacit understanding with the paranormal. Only a ghost would understand what another ghost is trying to express!

"What are you doing?"
    "Holy shit!"
    Immersed in his questions, Yu Yin was startled by the sudden voice, but he realised it was Dong Feng standing at the doorway, staring with suspicion at his act.
    "Is there something outside?" Dong Feng glanced at the balcony.
    "Just...a polite ghost." He had no idea what its intention was, but it hadn't harassed or attacked him, and had even bowed, so that was the only conclusion Yu Yin could make.
    "..."

"How did you just happen to be at the scene of the incident." Yu Yin stared in exasperation at Yi Tai who was leisurely strolling around the kitchen. According to their junior's testimony, it was Yi Tai that had beaten up majority of the thugs...in an extremely merciless manner. By the time the cops had responded to the call and arrived at the scene, the ground had ben covered with collapsed thugs unable to stand, tears and snot practically pouring down their faces as they begged on their knees for the police to bring them away.
    The scariest part was that when they had been admitted to the hospital for examinations, most of these people had been determined to sustain only light injuries. There was no knowing what kind of physical and mental trauma Yi Tai had left on them, as the surveillance cameras hadn't captured anything, and the thugs didn't dare divulge.
    "I suddenly wanted to eat some fried pancakes in the middle of the night and felt like I had to go that way, and coincidentally ran into the incident." Yi Tai walked out of the kitchen with a large plate of hand-made fried pancakes.
    "You have way too many coincidences in your life."
    "And you have way too much spilled blood in your life." Yi Tai shook his head when he saw the bandages around Yu Yin's shoulder. His friend had never changed in that respect, despite so much time having passed since graduation.
    "You don't need to say it."

"So the two of you colluded together and kept it a secret from me?"
    "You're mad?" Yu looked down after catching sight of Yu Yin's expression.
    "Yes, very mad. Don't tell me you two really think that I wouldn't do anything to you?"
    Having had his bottom line breached yet again, Yu Yin really did not want to give mercy to those two. He wanted to put them in a hard spot and just walk away.
    But he couldn't.
    He knew that he was pretty hypocritical. He was always disappearing suddenly without warning; and as the oldest of the three, he truly wasn't in a position to be so angry.
    But he was very mad still!
    Despite all three of them being together, those guys had privately colluded together on some dangerous scheme right in front of him!
    No matter how he tried to convince himself, he could not squash down his fury.
    "No, that's not it." Yu immediately shook his head, and a trace of near-invisible anxiousness formed on his expressionless face.
    Yu Yin turned on his heels and left, unwilling to be coaxed now.
    Dong Feng had just finished receiving basic treatment and was about to walk over, but upon seeing Yu Yin's face, subconsciously circled around to avoid setting off a disaster. When he reached Yu's side, he asked, "Is there no way to apologise? He could understand why Yu Yin was angry - they really should've told him.
    Yu nodded before focusing on Yu Yin again, whose back was facing towards them as he talked with Xiao Wu, and began contemplating what to do.

Yu Xia glanced over at the two younger ones standing a bit further away. Although neither of them showed much emotion, it was clear that they were currently shaking with trepidation from facing Yu Yin's anger. "Don't be mad at them for too long. They were just afraid of you getting hurt. You're all the same."

Yu walked in carrying a plate of shrimp and just happened to spot Yu Yin showing what seemed like an envious expression as he watched Li Lin Yue's boyfriend deshelling shrimp for her. As a result, Yu silently sat down next to Yu Yin and began to deshell shrimp.
    "?" Yu Yin looked at Yu in confusion when the latter suddenly began to prepare a bunch of shrimp, wondering when Yu had suddenly become so fond of seafood. Only when the plate of shrimp was handed to him did he finally realise this was an act of apology.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  6. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need to go back reading this series.
    Everytime I read it, I always imagine it in manga drawing.
    And it helps so much with @TaffyGirl13 translation!
    They're jsut that good.

7. TaffyGirl13

Reading List:
    Link
    The s3 volumes have a few scene illustrations throughout (probably around 5 sketches per volume), and it makes the story so much better!

Emma401 and Kaylee like this.