Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. luztiq

luztiq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oml I accidentally deleted my comment

anyways soveishu defenders who hate on rashta are so werid like girl the sexism is showing severely

The characters are badly written, naiver is a walking self insert, soveishu is a dumb spoiled brat, heneiry or whatever is so overrated like man he gets helped up like he’s the best character when he has no real depth

Naiver and Rashta>>>>>>> any male character

2. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Because of her selfishness, she made others suffer all these years.
    Her end is also vague, not satisfying at all.

Hence proved, some people doesn't deserve to be spared or pitied, you've to put a hard end to them to keep them from being the leech they're.

Thank you for summary.

3. dd128

dd128 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm but Navier is no longer submissive by the end of the novel and she never truly was. She and Heinrey work as a team and they both love each other equally. To add to this Navier of the eastern empire wasn't abused before Rashta. It seems that Souvishu was fair to her, listened to her strategies and valued her input and her feelings and he even tells her he appreciates her and he thinks she is great. So I guess he was a real friend to her because while the whole power imbalance was there Souvishu didn't use it against Navier and thus Navier didn't notice it or felt like she needed to be submissive because they were both basically equals. She did have her lessons ingrained into her but she didn't really mind making Souvishu shine because they were a team. His benefit is her benefit and vice versa. Now that she was humiliated and expected to be humiliated to make Souvishu look good that was when things started to bother her but she still accepted it due to her upbringing but is basically a battle of her heart and her brain.

The face of submission
    [​IMG]
    Go ahead Souvishu, touch them, she won't get mad

To explain Souvishu only starts to put his foot down and plays the role of her owner when Rashta shows up because he wants to force Navier to accept Rashta for "their" baby and knows their relationship is threatened. So he needs her to know her place and be submissive so that she doesn't run away from him. Initially, Navier copes with this by using her training to rationalize staying with Souvishu due to her upbringing. She should be able to accept a concubine just like she was taught. However she starts to rebel because Navier is not submissive. She is strong willed enough to be able to break away from Souvishu's control in such a short time and that's why he looks so shocked when Navier marries another man. He was expecting her to stay. To top it off he is still sure that Navier would go back to him once she knows his real plan of dumping Rashta and reinstating her as empress because Navier was trained to be loyal and submissive to him and the Eastern Empire. So he uses the Eastern Empire as bait because if he is not enough to keep her by his side then surely she will run back for her Empire's sake. How could she give up on an empire she was trained to love since childhood? However, the Eastern Empire is no longer her empire (She didn't give up on her Empire, they gave up on her) and his panic and insecurities finally spill over when he sees her getting married. Now he starts to grovel "I love you, I made a mistake" and Navier is like "wtf, is he serious?". Also not wanting to stand out is not necessarily a sign of submission she probably accepted this rule because it didn't clash with her personality because Navier is somewhat timid and shy. Like she was dying a little inside when she set out to meet Dolshi which is unusual for a noble.

I heard this argument before too: "oh she doesn't change because she remains an empress just like Kaufman was telling her about" The problem with her is not that she is an empress, it's that she lives and breathes to be an empress to the point where she is willing to work alongside an abusive man. Basically, she needs to learn how to focus on things other than being an empress for the sake of her mental health. Later on she is still a good empress but she learns to make time for herself, for Heinrey and her children. In that regard she is no longer completely absorbed in it. Navier was also picked as an Empress because even as a child she enjoyed her work so why would she give that up?

Cue in another main complaint, "she jumped into the arms of another man" and the thing is why wouldn't she when she can continue to be an empress and work besides a man that appreciates her and wants her there and that she was attracted to? As a bonus, Navier also really loved Queen, maybe even more so than Heinrey at that time lol; so she gets to spend time looking at a fluffy bird and animals are very therapeutic. I am sure most people can appreciate the company of a cat sleeping on their lap?

I think people cannot relate to being an empress because it seems like a tedious and snobby job. So I'll use another example:
    If your friend was a passionate artist working in a studio with an abusive boss are you going to tell your friend to stop being an artist? No you wouldn't, that is stupid. You would probably tell her to go to another studio where the environment isn't hostile and the boss isn't shit. Likewise If your friend starts ignoring their health and family for the sake of doing art, you might want to tell them to slow down and take it easy. That there is more to life than just art and so as long as your friend has a healthy life outside of art it wouldn't be a problem and there is no need to take away their passion.

thenexttyler3 and Wapdyne like this.
  4. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    I mentioned this once in another thread and someone took it as me okay-ing sexual harassment of Navier by Heinley :meowyaranaika: Like how am I saying that?
    I was only stating what was written in the novel. Then they said that obviously the author would say that to make it look like okay, like, how am I suppose to be blamed for it then. She has written in that way and I only stated the same, I've no intention of giving green light for whatsoever reason, I was merely repeating the plot.

The context was, Queen hugging Navier and letting Navier kiss itself was violation of her consent (because Navier wasn't aware it was Heinley). Your thoughts?

5. dd128

dd128 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically what he is doing is morally wrong because he is letting a woman unknowingly touch him (a man) and he is therefore being inappropriate and does not have her consent because she would not have consented if she knew he was actually a man. However, calling it sexual harassment sounds too far when she is just petting him, hugging him etc (he is a bird, she is just touching his feathers) so is not like he is getting sexual gratification out of it or is being perverted about it. It would definitely be sexual harassment if he was burying his face into her chest but he doesn't do any of that sort and his intentions is not to molest Navier but to be adorable and to comfort her but yeah it is definitely inappropriate.

[​IMG]
    Is this sexual?

It does go further when Navier starts to get really cozy with him and wants to sleep together with him so he freezes from shock. He can't escape because she closes the window and then Navier falls asleep next to him after she places him on the bed and tells him he is beautiful after caressing his feathers. I mean I imagine he probably feels very conflicted about it because he definitely enjoys her attention but he feels shame for sharing a bed with her. So he waits for her to fall asleep and presumably escapes after opening the window. He tries not to see her naked either, he would turn away if Navier was changing clothes. Like I mentioned before, Heinrey's strategy was to befriend Navier and one way was to get her guard down by using an adorable bird so he decided to play the part personally delivering his messages himself and letting Navier pet him when she wanted to but he did let her go too far sometimes (sleeping together) when he should have stand on a corner, hide under the bed or something but it wasn't sexual. To be frank, he shouldn't have let her touch him at all, even a head pat is inappropriate because Navier consented to touching a bird, not a man; but Heinrey is not exactly a morally right character. He meets Navier fully intending to destroy pretty much everything she loves so he is already deceiving her.

Also a little bit about the type of eagle he is: he is based on a Harpy eagle! Now Heinrey comes in cheerful golden yellow (like big bird!) instead of death metal gray and grim reaper black so he looks much more adorable but he can absolutely kill you and is considered the strongest eagle apex predator.
    [​IMG]
    They can fluff up their feathers giving them an owl like look:
    [​IMG]
    Navier: How adorable!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Navier: beautiful!

Fun fact: his claws are razor sharp, the biggest of all the eagles and can disembowel you, they are almost the same size as a grizzly bear's. His grip strength is 530 psi (pounds per square inch, a man's grip average is like 90 ) so he is easily able to crush your skull.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile:
    [​IMG]

6. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. I did mention that him concealing his true identity was wrong.
    About Heinley too, how he is a morally grey character.

Thank you for informing. Interesting. Never thought on that.

Well said. I think they mentioned sexual harassment because of violation of her consent in a way as she wasn't aware that he is a man and because Navier kissed him once which she might have not done if she knew he was a man.

Wapdyne likes this.
  7. Deleted member 215174

Deleted member 215174 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, you actually made a search on Harpy eagle.
    Talk about dedication.

8. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Bubblegum-girl

Bubblegum-girl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who ships Glorym and Kai together? like just imagine if Glorym got the be Empress of the Eastern Empire after all, mostly because if history has taught me anything is that if there is one thing countries hate more than an illegitimate-ish daughter, is a foreign ruler. She would grow up and become Empress kind- of like Maria Theresa in an act of pragmatic succesion and then make Kai her prince consort, as he is the most suitable match for peace. Just imagine the drama this would cause if they both fought Lari together, do the Lari's Napoleonic ambitions

Last edited: May 19, 2023
    Laciesche and theilikepie like this.
  10. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man just imagine the drama

And then rashta gets reincarnated as her kid

1635155207285m.jpg

11. Bubblegum-girl

Bubblegum-girl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lari's kid or Glorym's kid?

12. Bubblegum-girl

Bubblegum-girl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who thinks Rashta is kinda like Catherine I of Russia... if Rashta had won? Basically, Catherine was an orphaned slave of great beauty, and she eventually made mistress to the Emperor of Russia Peter the Great.

Peter was already married to another woman, one who was a more serious and proper wife, like Navier, yet Peter had grown tired of her coldness, and he came to divorce his wife in order to marry Catherine.

Catherine gave him only daughters and remained almost illiterate for life, yet Peter was nonetheless charmed and very fond of his wife. Peter's first wife was sent to a convent as a divorcee empress, and there she took a handsome young man as a lover, much like Henri and Navier. However, instead of living a happy life together, they are caught by Peter, and he kills said lover in front of her.

Peter spent the rest of his days with Catherine until his death, despite all that I just said, Catherine was actually a pretty cool girl who helped Peter with some battles and was famous for her kindness. Upon Peter's death, Catherine crowned herself empress and began a period of peace in Russia that lasted until her death. The grandson of the first wife got the throne by virtue of being a guy, yet this eventually taken back by Catherine's daughter, Empress Elizabeth.

Last edited: May 20, 2023
    Laciesche likes this.
  13. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wowee

Either of them would be hilarious

14. dd128

dd128 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually guessed Heinrey was a harpy (we already know he is an eagle cuz every time Navier gets horny she is like oh you naughty eagle) a long time ago but it was a wild guess and I never confirmed it. Quick google pictures seem to confirm that he was probably designed after one but while Harpies are not common knowledge they are not obscured either, so they are big eagles with a fluffy crest. Who is big and has a fluffy crest?

A bit on slavery, I am trying to figure out the slavery system

Souvishu said something like: both of his parents are criminals so the child must pay for his parents crimes.
    Navier: I had heard that the child was sentenced to be sold into slavery because both of his parents were criminals.

If you are a "violent" criminal then you go to jail because you need to be kept away for the safety of the population. Like the maid's father. Your whole family suffers for it because they are shunned and basically unemployable.

If you cheat a person or commit fraud then you are a nonviolent criminal and so you have to pay it back by becoming a slave so this is another way of becoming a slave. However, since this is a patriarchy my guess is men can pay off their debt using his possessions (his wife and children) and so Rashta ended up paying for her father's crimes.

The general public accepts it and rationalizes it basically if both parents are bad then the child needs to make up for the parents crimes as well and this seems to stem from a communal type of culture instead of an individualist culture where a whole family is viewed as a unit but in the case of Rashta's father it seems that men can treat their family as his possessions so he can evade becoming a slave himself. There also seems to be a system to prevent "illegal" slavery. Like in the case of kidnapping and loan sharks. Basically people preying on desperation, loaning money with interest designed to never be paid back and using that excuse to turn the victim into a slave.

As for Navier she probably never saw a slave in her life before Rashta and Rashta is literally the worst representation slaves could ask for since she is antagonistic and completely selfish to the point of throwing her kid away. To add to this Souvishu doesn't own any slaves; all of their staff are well paid compared to the rest of their empire and my guess is higher up nobles (like the Trovis) probably pride themselves into not resorting to such tactics because they would want to flaunt their wealth. "Look at me I am so rich and successful that I can afford to pay my staff well" at the same time even if they did have slaves, they probably kept them out of sight because it seems that people don't even want to be near slaves (In the Rashta fantasy story the maids look down on her as if finding it offensive that they were working next to a slave). Navier wouldn't also be able to be reached by the slaves, she holds audiences with her population to hear their needs yet only nobles and commoners are allowed. Slaves seem like a hidden silent class so literally they have no chance of even reaching people that might be able to do something about it and if they did they will most likely keep quiet about it in fear of being sent back.

Navier does express personal disapproval regarding slavery but not strongly when most people act with disgust because slaves are a criminal class. Furthermore she was probably taught that "you should be able to pay for your parents' crimes" just like Souvishu as a matter of factly states like it was common sense when asked about Ahn. Nobody would be able to show her otherwise. Yet despite all of this Navier is the one that is most likely to free the slaves because she has an unusually laizze faire approach towards hierarchy for someone that is so high up. Yes she knows how to act like a noble but emotionally and mentally she doesn't act like a noble in that regard. Her maids (maids, not ladies in waiting) often tease Navier without having to worry about repercussions even if she gets flustered or embarrassed (however this is unrelated to politics, Navier wouldn't back down otherwise). Dolshi who was a "commoner" was rude towards her and Navier wasn't offended. In contrast Rashta has very rigid rules and so when she sees Navier's maids "insulting her" she flies into a rage (happy side story).

Basically Navier doesn't have a noble threatening aura around her, which naturally causes fear, because it's there to remind you that you are at the mercy of a noble. For example Souvishu wants the pretty painting of Navier so he is going to get that painting and the seller knows he shouldn't say anything back otherwise, he only speaks when spoken to. Likewise Pippy Longstocking was dying inside when Heinrey gently threatened her for daring to lie to a noble. Rashta would send you to your death for looking at her funny and Garinuela was mistreating and looking down on the commoner staff. As for Navier, you could probably walk up to Navier and call her a fatass and she would simply order the guards to remove an unruly person, she wouldn't even punish you.

[​IMG]
    Navier thinking really hard surrounded by luxury

Ultimately in the side story the maids found out that Rashta was a slave because she couldn't read or write, the maids ostracized Rashta and ignored her. Navier is baffled by this because she thinks Rashta is adorable and brilliant. This is important because Navier is completely ignoring Rashta's status as slave and instead she focuses on Rashta's personality. Navier then finds a crying Rashta and she tells her that she doesn't care about Rashta being a slave. Later on she hopes to find her owner in order to free her and so on. So there we go, being exposed to a "nice" Rashta would probably make her scratch her brain a little and maybe defy the culture and rules she grew up in because ultimately Navier is focusing on the individual and not the rank or status of the individual when dealing with people.

15. Bubblegum-girl

Bubblegum-girl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking about slavery, Am I the only one who thinks Rashta is kinda like Catherine I of Russia... if Rashta had won?

Basically, Catherine was an orphaned slave of great beauty, and due to said beauty and a series of serendipitous coincidences she eventually found her way to the Russian court, and there she was made the mistress to the Emperor of Russia, Peter the Great.

Peter was already in an arranged marriage to another woman, a more serious and proper lady from nobility, much Navier. Yet Peter had grown tired of her more prim and conservative demeanor, and he came to divorce his wife in order to marry Catherine, Peter firmly thought of arranged marriages as antiquated and tried to abolish them completely.

Peter's first wife was sent to a convent as a divorcee empress, and there she took a handsome young man as a lover, one who was much like Henri. However, instead of living a happy life together, they were caught by Peter, and he killed said lover in front of her. Catherine meanwhile gave him only daughters and remained almost illiterate for life, yet Peter was nonetheless charmed and very fond of his wife and spent the rest of his days with Catherine.

Now despite all that I just said, Catherine was actually a pretty cool girl, she was pretty clever and she helped Peter with some battles, she also was famous for her kindness, the unhappy fate of Peter's wife being mostly Peter's fault, as he was certainly a tyrant, perhaps one with a soft spot for his (second) wife, but still a jerk.

Upon Peter's death, Catherine crowned herself empress and began a period of peace in Russia that lasted until her death. The grandson of the first wife got the throne by virtue of being a guy, yet it was eventually taken back by Catherine's daughter, Empress Elizabeth.

16. dd128

dd128 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would basically be fanfiction because the characters would be very ooc. That story sounds like what would have happened if Heinrey fell in love with a slave Navier and it still wouldn't be quite accurate because Heinrey wouldn't give a fuck if Christa has a lover but would probably have her and her family executed out of fear of retaliation against Navier. Slave Navier would still be cunning and intelligent but probably much more docile so Heinrey would be allowed to run wild but yeah it wouldn't work with Rashta.

First Souvishu would have to love Rashta and he doesn't, I honestly believe Navier could have killed a pregnant Rashta and Souvishu would be slightly upset for a second, maybe have Navier locked in her cozy room for three days and set up some poor bastard to take the fault but he would feel oh so validated because it would make him feel loved by Navier. Second prior to Rashta, Souvishu was a good and fair emperor. Peter is much closer to Heinrey than he is to Souvishu. Heinrey is basically a budding tyrant that would not hesitate to lie and stab you in the back as Angel correctly assessed him when comparing him to Souvishu.

The biggest reason why it wouldn't work is because Rashta is incapable of bonding and incapable of forming meaningful real relationships (with one exception). She is incapable of having friends, she is very volatile, self centered, has very poor impulse control and has no sense of loyalty. Even if Souvishu was madly in love with her they would eventually hang him along with Rashta. Basically Rashta makes enemies as easy as she breathes. People's initial reaction to her is aww she is cute then when they are getting to really know her if they are forced to be around her people stay away from her and avoid her or they hate her because she is volatile.

Rashta has no sense of loyalty (except towards Navier which I'll get into later). She was cheating on Souvishu with Ergi and she was attempting to cheat some more by trying to seduce higher up nobles despite believing Souvishu loved her which is why she was so shocked and disturbed when she saw Navier's portrait in his room. She sent an assassin to steal a bracelet from Ergi even when she was in love with him fully believing he was her only and true friend. Imagine if your best friend sends an assassin to your house to steal your Nintendo switch (it's just a prank bro!). Wouldn't that be terrifying? She discarded her maids that supported her since her concubine days because she views them as too lowly to serve her. She killed Pix etc

She is very volatile and aggressive. In her happy ending story where she works as Navier's maid she beats up another fellow maid because the maid told Rashta that Navier poops just like everyone else and Rashta was like how dare her (this was before they found out she was a slave). She has very poor impulse control and she acts before she thinks. Like she sees her father so she decides to kill him so she hides in the bushes with her little knife and I am like now is the perfect time to hire an assassin she doesn't need to feel bad about killing her own father but no she doesn't use her brain because she acts on impulse.

Same thing with Granola, Rashta is seriously considering killing a pregnant noble while attacking Granola who taunts her when Navier stops her and retrieves her. Navier goes "lalala I didn't see anything, I didn't hear anything" the same way she covers up Heinrey's crimes and drags her away while thinking about how to prevent Rashta from getting sent to the gallows. Basically all of these qualities make Rashta a dead woman walking: in the span of 10 months she survived 2 assassination attempts due to her actions (3 if you count Duke Tuania almost killing her but holding back just to see what Souvishu does to her) before getting killed by Souvishu. It is basically impossible for her to have the support to become an empress without someone powerful backing up. Once her Peter husband is dead she is done for if they haven't killed both of them already.

The only one that can save her is Navier because Rashta views her as her savior so Rashta remains truly loyal because Navier loves her hence the Rashta happy ending story. Also Navier is pretty passive towards the people she loves and is very forgiving ("sweet and naive Navier"- Souvishu) as long as you are loyal to her (but not submissive because she wouldn't tolerate you if you don't love her back or treat her right) and Navier reprimands her subjects very gently so she basically scolds Rashta like a child the way she pinches Heinrey's cheeks and goes "no bad Heinrey, no torturing allowed" she goes "no killing allowed Rashta, specially those pregnant with the emperor's child". It is implied Rashta will get better due to actually developing a genuine relationship with Navier and Navier will run off to the west so she can keep Rashta alive. My guess is Heinrey will convince Navier to marry him and move to the West using Rashta as bait. He initially hates Rashta for choking him and it's jealous but now he sees her as a tool to get some of that sweet sweet Navier who thinks he is a creep and the only thing he has going for is sex appeal aka: Navier saw him naked so now she randomly thinks about his big dick every once in a while (to Kaufman's horror) while wearing her completely serious expression listening to politics. Thanks to Heinrey, Granola won't get the chance to send Rashta to the gallows.

[​IMG]
    "You are just not big enough for me"

thenexttyler3 likes this.
  17. Pk458

Pk458 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Souvishu said something like: both of his parents are criminals so the child must pay for his parents crimes.
    Navier: I had heard that the child was sentenced to be sold into slavery because both of his parents were criminals. Excuse me, what episode is this quote in the chapter in the novel? I don't remember, thank you in advance

18. Mob phyce

Mob phyce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

The part were sovieshu says they will become slaves is in chapter were rastha comes to visit him after attending alan trial in disguise . Their she sees how voilant ppl r towards alan and roteshu. She sees similar faith for her in future so she runs to sovieshu and says she is ready to give up empress seat as he wished for and willing to live him along with glorym to countryside promosing him to not to interfere in his life everagain . Then sovieshu says that is not possible since both parents r criminals children will be considered slave and rastha can hear her list of crimes in her trial

Navier part of discussion happens when lebetty ask her to rescue ahn

Pk458 likes this.