Chinese Midas Touch of Sung Dynasty

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by damancy, Oct 27, 2016.

1. damancy

damancy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Midas Touch (Gold Finger) of Sung Dynasty
    Raw Link: http://www.piaotian.net/bookinfo/0/535.html
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Even though it has a little silly title (Midas Touch can also mean "Golden Finger" as in video game genie cheat) , this novel is one of the most realistic "reincarnation into the past" I have read. The story is methodically written and believable. Most of all, the villains are believable and fleshed out. They don't fall and cower in hopelessness (after the initial shock) when they are faced with gunpowder weapons, but instead tries to struggle against the MC with believable methods.

I am very impressed with this series, especially at how talented the writer is. All the chapter names after arc 2 are in FREAKING POETRY FORM (7 characters)

This one is a bit short (300ish chapters) compared to others but it dense with no fillers.

I wouldn't suggest translating this, though unless you have experience as most of the dialogues are written in ancient Chinese form. It's basically the same as reading Shakespearean English even though I am a native Chinese reader.

Description (if you can find one): 當野蠻即將摧毀文明、愚昧即將代替智慧的時候,一個現代人如何用金手指改變曆史進程,在中華文明的基礎上建立起全球秩序。

When barbarism is about to destroy civilization, when ignorance is about to replace wisdom, a modern person uses his cheat to change history, building the foundation of the Chinese civilization for global order.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    so the difficulty is same as demon's dairy

3. Littledragonlady

Littledragonlady The last member of Ancient Tomb Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I am also interested in this

4. damancy

Reading List:
    Link
    I just took a quick glance at Demon's Diary since I haven't read it yet. I would say Midas Touch is just a tad harder to translate and it gets ramped up to 11 when the MC becomes the emperor as everyone is basically speaking in poetry form in the courts.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    well then good luck finding a translator who is good enough to properly translate cause for the most of translators it is gonna be quite hard and if it gets properly translated then i don't mind reading it ;)

6. damancy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I am almost finished with novel. Just spreading the love.