I.O. error occured.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CDLevit, Oct 27, 2016.

1. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a FujiFilm FinePix S5800 camera and I keep receiving the following comment: 'I.O. error occured' when I try to save some photographs from the camera (external disk) to the computer. I've used two different kinds of computers: a desktop and a laptop but I keep receiving that 'error'. I even tried to save the photos by using the Microsoft program (Windows 10/Windows XP) but It doesn't work. On my laptop it's showing how much memory is avalaible/occupied on the camera but It doesn't allow me to see the photographs on the computer, nor save them. I can watch the photographs on the camera, but I can't save them, can anyone tell me if I can solve the problem by myself or do I need to go with the camera to 'extract' the photographs to a dedicated center?

VOLX98 likes this.
  2. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I found a partial solution. One is supposed to use their browser to access the disk instead of the usual interface of the OS when encountering I.O errors. Hope it helps.

VOLX98 likes this.
  3. Tenor

Tenor Hard Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Take a photo of the photo in the camera with another camera and extract that photo. Bam.

4. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    This is the first time that I receive that error, I think that it can be caused by the external disk.. I've change it.

can't. I need my fishing photographs as I've caught a personal record:(

VOLX98 likes this.
  5. NasVersix

NasVersix [Natural A-hole]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just wondering why you're asking here rather than other places where you are more likely to get an answer, heck, googling for the answer would probably solve it faster.

http://www.tech-faq.com/io-device-error.html

Rreelentless and VOLX98 like this.
  6. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I've already visited few other websites and coudn't find a solution? And I didn't know how to search all the websites - the 'key words'.

Solved it. It looks like, even though I've could take photos and use the camera.. the program and the pc/laptop coudn't recognize the card (for external memory) and I've had to buy a card reader.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016