Discussion Don't you think your reading list getting out hand?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by elairz, Dec 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ArgosYesu ...please sir....kill your favorite food...and then dig a hole....and then throw in everything you love...then kill me...and take a bath in my blood...cuz who does that...

2. Mousa4

Mousa4 Cultivated to Immortality

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I think I have read a lot. But than I remember @Lachiel is reading list. This assures me that, yes, I still have a life.

3. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still reading ccm I just have about 60 chapters to read ...

4. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    PMG began with good qualities. Those qualities allowed it to survive a few hundred chapters before I finally gave up. PMG is basically a repetition of the MC placing his own morals above others while not really being a moral person himself. He's the most hypocritical MC I've ever read. At least the stupidly ruthless one's don't lie about their character.

First example where I just wanted to punch the MC for being hypocritical: He accuses his sect mates of being in the wrong for killing their fellow sect mates in an attempt to promote themselves. Then he basically turns around and kills them and that somehow gets approval. Wooo...

Second is basically everytime he justifies himself that killing people is fine since they abused their power to kill others. He's basically making use of the Vice Principal to kill whoever he wishes and he hides behind the VP or the Ice girl... sigh... most MC's seem to hide behind a girl when they dig a large hole for themselves...
    I just refresh the front page. >.>
    I've frequently stated in forum that I dislike ATG. People always argue against me so I'll give up on another argument. Basically, ATG may be better written, but the story is still repetitive and has that NTR undertone (UNDERTONE I SAID) that makes me avoid it.

5. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I have 17 titles in my list soon to be 18 and I've yet to complete one and are up to date on half... If I'd continued to read my first novel CD which is now finished I'd have at least one completed novel under my belt.

6. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    what undertone... The princess gets captured and the knight in shining armor come to save her, slaying the dragon. They get married and live happily ever after.... are you going to tell me there is ntr there...

7. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Undertone I said... people read ahead and told me there isn't NTR, but the story isn't even finished so I avoid it.

Basically, the first is that all of the girls from that Ice Sect is basically NTRable since stealing their virginity is the equivalent of copying ALL of their hard earned cultivation. Could have been a way to give the MC an OP set of ice techniques, but the hole is that it's NTRable to the extreme. Rape a girl from that sect and you get years of cultivation techniques.

His wife has that body where if you steal her virginity, you get an OP body where you can store a bunch of excess energy and can use OP techniques without trouble. Basically, rape her and you get that world. Could be a way for the MC to gain more OP stuff, but already that's an NTRable scene. Rape her and get stronger, basically.

The author really has no need for all of this, but he adds them anyways. Adds tension, sure. Add suspense, sure... Adds NTR undertone, yep, that too.

Yea, there's already rape so my thoughts for the story is down... It hasn't recovered either. Stories like Heavenly Jewel Change and Skyfire Avenue are the only two which managed to recover my feelings for them after rape was introduced.

8. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    that's not ntr though... If the story was writen in a ntr way then it would be there for ntr not him powering up... sex sells and if you get stronger from it why does that make it ntr...

9. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's not the NTR that you're having any problem with(there isn't really any NTR). You dislike the fact that the male characters are getting power ups through sex.

NTR is when a guy manages to seduce a girl who originally loved another guy and the other guy most likely liked the girl as well.

10. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Does no one read the UNDERTONE? I never said there was NTR, I said UNDERTONE. UNDERTONE means I feel there's gonna be NTR even if there never will be. UNDERTONE!!!!

11. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to read more Raw chinese novels... my friend told me there was one story where the MC can do any girl and his cultivation gets boosted. As a plus, HER cultivation also gets boosted. It's all just one large story of sex, sex, sex.

12. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    Undertone
    when you say it's as if its happening in the background

13. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    hardcore op-ness is better... and it's an English novel

14. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    What? English Novel? What?
    Yes, and?

15. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    What the name of that novel? I'd read it in a heart beat. Make love not war! <3

tocos10 likes this.
  16. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    I should give you that story where they have teenage orgies in camps and trade women... actually, it's being translated, so meh...

17. tocos10

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not happening in the background it is just there for power ups

The guy who writes hardcore op-ness is an English speaker...

18. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I read ATG upto 320 ish, MGA over 1000 chapters, about 100 chapters of ISSTH from 120 to 220ish and a dozen of other novels as well, and you want me to read more raws? I'll die.

And I'm not getting annoyed with you or anything for not reading ATG you know? I stopped reading it(and PMG and MGA) as well. I just felt that you mistook what NTR means. I edited my previous message to mention what NTR is.

19. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    NTR can also mean steal the MC's girl. I pretty much put everything where the MC loses his girl under NTR. The heroine(s) should be for the MC or at least not stolen.
    Mike777ac? I spoke to him before. His stories are quite... Meh, he was a nice guy. Dunno how his stories came to be...

20. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    ISSTH is death to MTL...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.