Discussion If you could make any major change in your favorite novel... What would it be? ;~;

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Linley, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wut?!?!? LOLIS ARE JUSTICE!!!:):)

Linley likes this.
  2. ddadain

ddadain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CD: Linley as quad-soul mutate of the Edicts of Life, Death, Fate and Destruction >:3 Also, rename the series as something other than a ring that lost almost all its significance 600+ chapters back...

ST: More Li'er. POV switching would be good, a la GoT.

Sevens: Less of "Aria getting more manly"... guh... At the rate it's going, Aria will be more manly than me >_<

ISSTH: More Meat Jelly~

Shen Yin Wang Zuo: More drugs~

TDG: More Ye Zong + Nie Li interaction~~~ They're HILARIOUS!

Shio and Linley like this.
  3. rhezes

rhezes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    overdose is not good. to me , this current frequency of interaction already good.more will make it less exciting
    just my 2cent.no offend

4. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing that everyone's covering mosty Chinese WNs, I'll speak about one Japanese one.
    Arifureta- GET.RID.OF.THAT.SHITTY.HAREM. Also, would like the author to have continued using the dark writing style that he used in the beginning. It had so much potential in the beginning but the author ended up messing the story bigtime. Thanks to that I ended up giving up on the story once the mermaid girl who called the MC Papa(I think?) was added.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'd make a big change in Ark the Legend as well. I'd include the 2 Ark's female love interests from the the first book. They suddenly seem to have vanished in thin air. Almost all the other major characters are present in the second novel except those two. It's like those two never existed

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Mrgameandwatch77 likes this.
  5. Zapnilos1

Zapnilos1 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In general for Japanese LNs, I would change the amount of stereotyping present. Like there are so many obvious characters (i.e the tsundere-type, delinquent-type, tomboy-type, sketchily ordinary MC-type, Chunni-type, etc.) at least take the time to be original and invest some character development into these people. A lot of the time they end up as very static characters who are really just there for fan-service or because they are the generic character expected to be there. Nothing wrong with the character types per say, but I think they are overused.

6. Greedyspree

Greedyspree 『Exile within the back room』

Reading List:
    Link
    Long live summons - An addition which properly explains the point of it starting with him being kicked into a black hole and came to be in the position he is. It drives me nuts at times that its never explained.

Raphael and Linley like this.
  7. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    I know exactly what you mean. When Haijime was in the Abyss and started breaking, I loved his attitude towards everything. If that was continued it would be a contender for my top spot. And it's a stereotypical OP MC Harem. Loli, Big-Breasted Clutz, (pretty close to) Childhood Friend, etc. It's not too surprising to me

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, Aria is getting too mainly. But I prefer more Best Lyle moment, and for generation 1 to come back somewhat.

For most xian xia / harem, I wish the harem member could be treated more as life companion, and not simply another stunning beauty to catch. Good example would be Mushoku Tensei.

Linley and Gadget like this.
  9. Ogami-kun

Ogami-kun 『Blue Shadow ensnaring demons』『FA sect disciple』

Reading List:
    Link
    It is mine too but rather than that I'd like to give him an ultimate OP skill, like the Juggernaut Drive without side-effect.
    Just immagine him battling against Augusta, with the Edicts Chief Sovereigns witnessing the battle. He was about to lose when Augusta display for example the corpse of Delia; then Linley goes berserk and Awaken and Augusta became so frightened that he pees his pants

10. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    Well he's currently in the process of making what could be the universe's strongest attack with his fused power(if he had a Fire Sovereign Spark), so he'll have one OP skill at least

11. xociss

xociss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am reading Coiling Dragon. Its too good. But I find the hero very passive when compared to MC's of other popular novels. So I would love if Linley Baruch is a bit aggresive. *sigh*

12. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind spoilers ima throw you a bone.
    This MC is actually the original one of that dimension, his parent I think it was the mother originally replaced him with the guy from that other dimension due to reasons, the monk guy was actually a friend/relative of the parents so he helped by sending the kid back when it was time.
    so yeah I think thats what happen I am not 100% certain.

13. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything after Linl
    I thought the MC is a perv on that wn. i got fed up with his monologues. Did his attitude about it improve? I stopped at chapter 50-60 IIRC.

14. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is a perv. But he is a perv that protect his family. His attitude (and the overall story) improve on the later volume. Try to read until
    Rudi had a fight with Hitogami
    . That was when the real story started for me.

15. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    will do. not just today though.

16. Mrgameandwatch77

Mrgameandwatch77 Chrit, the God of Squirrels, Moe, and Cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyfire Avenue: I would love to see more of Zeus being awesome. Current fighting is incredibly cool, but it isn't as good as the fighting in Doulou Dalu. But that's just my personal opinion. I don't read Skyfire Avenue for the fighting afterall

17. xociss

xociss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fights are relatively short in skyfire avenue and it always will be.

Mrgameandwatch77 likes this.
  18. Mrgameandwatch77

Mrgameandwatch77 Chrit, the God of Squirrels, Moe, and Cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    True... but... I AM ZEUS!
    upload_2015-11-13_0-34-53.png 's Jewlery Store!

Sheir and xociss like this.
  19. ddadain

ddadain Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, I haven't laughed as hard as I did with the "spanking" bit LOL! I can just imagine how shameless it actually is given Nie Li is actually mentally quite old, probably nearing the age of Ye Zong when he died originally... LOL... also, detracts quite a bit from the established norm of "YOU HAVE OFFENDED ME, SO DIE!" LOL But... as for the most WTF moment I've ever had... CCM still takes the cake... ._. Another standout would be SYWZ and them feels ;_; Also ISSTH with regards to the Meat Jelly~~~

Ah, I also would like more Best Lyle moments... ;_; Also would like the First... and everyone else that's going to disappear to reappear at some point :( What is Sevens without the internal monologue of seven geezers and their eccentric ways :p Also, more Poyopoyo... ahem... I meant Monica... a name I don't really like...

20. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldnt change anything because if i did then it wouldnt be my favourite novel anymore now on the other hand i would totes make changes to my least favourite novels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.