LCD Starchild Escapes Arranged Marriage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Dec 24, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c6: I think its pretty clear now how his past self wound up in that situation ;)

c7: why not just sneak around it? The quest said nothing about killing anything. As long as he finds her and kisses her, he's golden.

c8: Anyone else feeling like this series was inspired by Dark Souls?

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  2. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    eh, the way he just kept dying made me feel that way, yeah. Though i think he had to beat that hippo, honestly, or else it wouldnt let him pass. It was said to be very fast despite its size, doubt he could have outran it. Perhaps he didnt have to fight, but thinking another way, did he truly have any alternative? It's not about what you are allowed to do, but what you can or are able to do, right? At least to my mind that's how it is regarding this situation. And it could be said that beating that thing is his first step to gaining power, as it was, if i recall, a rank three beast. Not sure it that equates to a rank three swordsmen like his friend, though. Im thinking not, but....well, we'll see.

AkeShiro likes this.
  3. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone tell me what this is about!? It has an interesting name so I wanna check it out.

Cupcake Ninja and newgen333 like this.
  4. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    basically a guy learns that he is the Nth reincarnation of an ancient god-like being or something, and that he has had multiple past lives which keep being killed off because long ago his god self refused to choose one of his ex girlfriends to marry. And all of the ex girlfriends were ultra powerful too, like primordial god level powerful. They got together, tried to force him to choose one, and he didnt so they killed him. And kept killing him every time he reincarnated and got back his memories at the age of 18. This is what we learn in the first few chapter, like one through five i think, but that's the general summary of what the story is about so i cant help spoiling it.

He also has a pretty strong and jealous childhood friend that he likes, but that woman cant do shit for his current predicament. I think its a very interesting story, a bit different from the usual. "Get strong or you ex girlfriends will kill you!" Is as good amotivation as any, isnt it?

AkeShiro likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They were in a forest and it was very large, so he could probably have used the trees to block it as he ran away if he failed to sneak past it. Though sneaking would obviously be the superior method, and again, the forest would help with that.

Also, yes, of course fighting it made him stronger, but it also developed a habit in him of dying repeatedly to get information about his enemy. A tactic that might not work outside the trial. And when you consider the fact that the reward for the trial is supposed to make him ten times stronger than the hippo all on its own, whatever paltry strength he gained from fighting it seems fairly unimportant.

6. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know, those trees, would it truly even hinder that hippo all that much, if at all? I dont think it would, honestly, so i wouldnt count on that.

And well the deaths were not meaningless either, tho. It could also be said to teach him that to defeat an enemy much stronger than yourself, you have to analyze them. Their attack patterns, weaknesses, things like that. Non one wants to die. There is a certain assurance of life when in that situation, but no matter what, i cant see him deliberately making rash choices in that trial area or out of it due to him not wanting to face being killed. I should assume he was careful NOT to die all those times. An instinctive reaction. Hm, though that is all assumptions, it's reasonable. But in any case, i should say he gained quite a bit from the act of beating that hippo even if his actual strength itself didnt rise all too much. whatever he gains after the trial would be great, but it cant give him absolute power. As long as it cant do that, his lessons in analyzing enemies will still serve him well. Cause if he didnt learn to do that, he'd likely never beat that thing. Just wildly lash out every time.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he finally manage to kill precisely because they were able to hinder it?

It really just depends on his personality, but, in general, people are creatures of habit. If they get used to death not being the end, then their reaction to it will dull from "Omg, if I don't do something I'll cease to exist" to "F*** I don't want to have to deal with this nonsense again. Its friggin annoying." Both are reactions that drive you to do better, but I don't think it takes a genius to realize which one drives you harder and which one is likely to keep you alive longer.

8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    If this is JP I swear u thought it was ntr

9. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    wait....you're saying that if this novel was a Jap novel, then due to my previous word you would have that believed that I thought that novel had NTR? Is that what you mean? If so, i dont really understand?
    perhaps in the case where he knew he would always survive, but i'm certain he'd understand that this repeatedly living, dying and coming back to life cycle will only last up until the trial is over and he goes back to his "real" body. Otherwise, if he truly got used to it, he wouldn't fear dying at all and would treat his ex girlfriends wanting to kill as trivial.

Dont get me wrong. I know that situation is different. Him dying by the hippo for a trial is much different from him dying due to ancient godlike beings, it's the whole motivation for him to go through with this. But im merely saying this prove kind of prove a point: That he will always know he can only survive as long as he is in the trial, that his infinite lives will last only for this brief time period. As such, he will always have a reservation towards death, would always seek to avoid it. Its a natural human reaction, afterall, to avoid such things, even more hardwired into a person than any habit they may pick up.

So honestly? I dont think he will truly get that habit in mind. Yes, perhaps he changed his thought process like how you said, but that's only for the moment and i believe that the true fear of death is always going to be in the back of his mind. He knows he can't apply those infinite lives to his everyday life, that he isn't actually immortal, so even if he did form a habit in the trial it's unlikely to make it's way OUT of the trial. Simply for the fact that he would realize he's not in the trial anymore, would know he can truly die, and that the habit in the first place wouldn't have had all TOO much of a hold on him as he would have understood very well that him reviving was only able to be done during that time.

....Hm, well, all these are just my own thoughts on the matter. It's me trying to rationalize and think about how a normal person would treat that situation. Your arguement is that they would pick up that bad habit, that thought process, as their keep on reviving. While mine is more based on that they would be smarter and understand that they can't revive like that after the trial. Plus that avoiding death is a basic human instinct which would overthrow any habit that led to an untimely death.

It could go either way, both circumstances seem reasonable to me as it stands now. Although forcing some sort of logic to a fictional character is a bit much, as they are simply doing as the author dictates.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really talking about what he consciously understands though. I'm talking about habits. You do something often enough, and, in a high intensity situation where you have little time to think, you'll do it again. Its the core principle of training.

Though none of this is likely to matter since 1) I don't think this series is going to be as focused on combat as on comedy and harem style romance and 2) I doubt the author thought about this issue, so its unlikely to come up.

11. Arin

Arin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not going to have your usual MGA combat but there will be combat as the story progresses past chapter 20. Though as stated above it is more focused on the romance and harem. I would say in a 10 piece pie, it's split 2-3-5 respectively. Being combat, comedy, and harem. Though numbers might fluctuate as we go in deeper.

-From CherryBlossom (TL)

12. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    dudes....he's going up against the jealous yandere childhood friend of his. The fack man, what kind of cruel and unusual punishment it that?! How she even get there, shit! Our MC, he's too unlucky, ah! Such misfortune!

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    And here I thought she'd be the sleeping beauty he had to kiss ;)

I wonder who it'll wind up being. We haven't really met any other girls yet, though we have heard about quite a few. Well, other than the girl guarding the gate, but I doubt it'll be her.
    The stars are just trying to prepare him to deal with all of his other yandere girlfriends from his past life, as well as the ones he'll undoubtedly meet in the future ;)

14. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    heh, im eagerly anticipating that actually. You know, honestly, i half expected that CH friend of his to be one of them's reincarnations! I wonder how many more trials and tribulations out poor MC will have to deal with in order to deal with his spurned lovers' ire. And how many other beauties he'll pick up along the way. Hehehe. Love novels like these, they just so light-hearted and enjoyable to read, no?

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Her yandere senses are at a truly frightening level :LOL:

Its looking like he'll talk his way around her rather than fighting, but that feels awfully similar to whatever his past self did that eventually got him killed ;)

16. Cupcake Ninja

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR? And i got chills when she asked about what was goin' down. I was thinking, "DONT TELL HERRRR!!!!"

But meh, whatevs. If he does talk his way out of it, it'll mean he still got them old skillz and could be puttin' em to good use later.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really wondering how far that sword teacher made it before the door got cut down ;)

Also wondering if we'll be seeing her again in the future. There's a part of me that says "Yes."

Okay, so exactly how is that trial supposed to teach him how to be less of a philanderer?

I wonder if taking the higher level seeds requires him to reach a certain power level beforehand. Also wondering if it steals the abilities from the original owners or creates some sort of bond between him and her.

Also wondering if that green hippo was a person who was simply dreaming of themselves as a monster, and if not, where it came from.

There's a part of me that thinks that "sleeping beauty" was the hunter that was sent to find him ;)

18. siwakotisaurav

siwakotisaurav Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere-chans spotted, I'm in . 5/5.

Also pretty sure he's choosing the Sleeping beauty's "seed" :sneaky:

Rythrinx likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope that using the seed doesn't rob the original owner of the skill.

He should hurry and introduce Mei'er to his yandere girlfriend now so that she can connect Mei'er's smell to dog in her mind ;)

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if those 4 exes of his were all from the same life or if they were each from a different life and Hua Huo is destined to increase their numbers ;)