LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be entirely honest I though MC was going to clone himself and then have the clone practice the Sacred Flame meditation technique, while it's still possible after he finishes his research with the acolyte Aaron this will most likely not be the case, after the metal guy had that clone of itself attack MC when he crossed the desert place, I was really looking forward for MC to make a clone of himself and practice something else.

2. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no generic arc .. I'm so enjoying this novel
    It's so refreshing to have a bad guy MC

So , I was reading the mtl on lnmtl (shame on you blablabla) and there I saw this sentence with so many underlying means that it was scary :

I was like uhuh I see I get what you mean bruh stop doing drugs
    That was only a message to prople that says "blablabla mtl isn't so bad , you can still understand the general meaning of a sentences blablabla"
    NO

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    hontoni and Astaroth like this.
  3. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    shame on you blablabla

Lawlyeth likes this.
  4. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL can't offer any real enjoyment because you are translating something from a different language, as someone who is bilingual I can tell you that almost all of the time when I try to translate a sentence from one language to another I always have quite a bit of trouble because the meanings can be different and this is from two languages that share the same alphabet and have quite a bit in common. I can't even begin to imagine how messed up chinese to english can be so doing MTL will always be shit and mostly unintelligible garbage.

PS:
    God World Arc was generic as fuck if you ask me.

5. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 339
    [Leylin Farlier. Rank 2 Warlock, Bloodline: Giant Kemoyin Serpent. Strength: 21.1, Agility: 14.4, Vitality: 27.9, Spiritual force: 104.3, Magic power: 104 (magic power is in synchronisation with spiritual force)]

Chapter 352
    [Leylin Farlier. Rank 2 Warlock, Bloodline: Giant Kemoyin Serpent. Strength: 21.1, Agility: 14.4, Vitality: 29.9, Spiritual force: 127.9, Magic power: 127 (Magic power is in synchronisation with spiritual force).]

Pretty fast progress, around 1.5 spiritual force per year. Should easily hit tier 3 before lifetime is up even without the potions he is going to be using based on what was said this chapter. Only 50 years if he can keep that speed up and he isn't even 50 yet if I count it correctly, so could even hit it in a normal lifetime.

6. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ha thank you for this, maybe the further you advance the slower it get ?

7. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    I would assume so. Regardless the breakthrough is rough for most people since they can hit rank 2 and then are stuck there their entire lives.

Our MC hasn't used the resources from the wisdom tree yet so not even that will limit him.

Lokumi likes this.
  8. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    The author isn't so smart like that bruh
    Not exactly/ofc the further you get in cultivation the older you need to get there except for legendary cultivation ressources, it's xianxia dude

What make people stuck at level 2 or others levels is certainly missing cultivation method/no breakthrough ressource(in the magus world , when you're at the peak of your level you need some special cultivation ressources to breakthrough like the wisdom tree thingy to level 3)/no spiritual amplicatoon ressources (you can reach the peak in 1year if you drink spiritual potions like water , but otherwise it almost use half your entire lifespan to go to the apew :giggle: without external help), after magi they don't talk about talent anymore for cultivation.

Sometimes he spend 100 years doing nothing but cleasing is alchemicals impurity in his body , and after that in a few months he drinks a warehouse worth of spiritual potions and goes from low to peak of a little bottleneck (after 2nd mage there's low bottleneck in cultivatio' , nvm)

Lokumi likes this.
  9. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you're still not bilingual then
    I am and I've always been explained that your mind doesn't need to translate , it needs the "state" of "I get this sentence , I know what it means overall and I know what every words means but I can't translate it"
    Well there's a lot of non-english people that are like me I think , otherwise we'd get rekted by translating everything we read that's be a real bother.

Mtl is fucked , i still don't get how can google translator be so bad at translating, that's not overly complicated and you can even brute for the win

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  10. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get how Google Translate can so good at translating as it is. I could get nowhere near that level with any solution I know of. It is way beyond translating word for word, using rudimentary grammar and so on at near instant speed. Improving year by year. In 5-10 years it wouldn't surprise me if it was a decent read and in 10-15 being equal to translators outside of limited areas of the language where it uses the common translation when it is wrong in that edge case.

I consider myself close to bilingual in that I can think in either language. I often hit a case where I know the sentence meaning and can explain all the words in the language that is used but can't hit the "correct" translated word in the other language. Same as when I am writing in one of them and I can't think of the perfect word even though I "know" it.

Consider that most native people using English don't use over 10k different words when writing but know 20-35k words. The active vocabulary needs to be big for fast translations. For most people the passive vocabulary is much bigger than the active one which is what makes it hard.

11. Penultimate

Penultimate Sect Silkpants Prince

Reading List:
    Link
    "Through distributing numerous ‘grandpas,’ he had picked out a few talented acolytes and taught them the modified version of Sacred Flame."
    Leylin is a true genius, he's creating web novel MCs!

KyleXreX, Aternus, A5G_Reaper and 2 others like this.
  12. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol imagine all those MC's just doing the bidding of the big bad for their series while just going about their adventures but in the background they are helping a monster become even bigger. Just love that idea that maybe some novel MC are just secretly helping bad guys of other stories, kinda like MTJ.

Astaroth likes this.
  13. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This recent arc is seriously hilarious.

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Funny how an Author named "The Plagiarist" is the most original

Ironfist Sect, Aternus and Lokumi like this.
  15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    "Without proper tools, Leylin could not tell a Magus’ aptitude. Hence, he did not know that Longbottom had the talent to become a Magus."

Then how did he know Baelin did not have any aptitude? Even if Leylin can't get it down 100% he should still be able to get a rough idea or?

Lokumi likes this.
  16. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    "Behind the scenes"

17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminds me of Dark Elf Matriarch unit from Heroes of Might and Magic V

18. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised he didn't even consider their offer, especially given the losing state of human's and his interest in unique magical bloodlines. Of all the Main characters to overwrite the "Enemy makes an offer, but the MC always refuses" I expected Leylin to be the one.

19. Sosseres

Reading List:
    Link
    He stated that he didn't see any sincerity. Thus he saw it as a fake offer, one he couldn't consider. All his recent work as a multitude of treasures would also be lost, assuming the Dark Elves can't cultivate in the same methods at least.

20. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wasn't the second offer sincere though or did that I miss that?

I was under the impression everyone went in the same direction, even if it was by different paths(branded swordsmans, bio men, warlocks, magus etc.).