LCD I'm Really A Superstar

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Littledragonlady, May 31, 2016.

1. Elawn

Elawn 『Binge Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    That damn SARFT. I can't wait for Little Zhang's come back. I hope he scolds them to death.

2. March

March Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started reading (well, I read it for a week) IRAS up to the beginning of arc 3 (the university arc). I must say I am sincerely creeped out by Zhang Ye. All of the perverted things he does... ugh. *cringes* He's so clingy + all these passive women = badly written scenes :/

Also, I have no idea how Zhang Ye's mind works. He is scared of getting beaten up for looking at the landlady in the bath but later he proceeds to grope her in her sleep without fearing for the consequences. (And the landlady is a supposed martial master with less than 20 people in the world who can beat her, but she doesn't resist after noticing it's Zhang Ye. wtf?) Furthermore, why the contradictions in his character? He's portrayed as someone morally-upright, but he is constantly perverted around beautiful women. The scene in the motel with the Zhang Yuanqi was toeing my bottom line. Doesn't he say something like he won't peek? But he goes and does it anyways. Furthermore, when Dong Shanshan and he are watching the movie, why is he constantly touching her?! She tells him to stop. Zhang Ye's character really has plummeted to a moral low imo. I really felt like dropping the novel then...

Racism is also a huge detriment to the novel. *sigh* It would be a lot better without. But I guess it isn't really the author's bad writing if these things were actually said in irl talk shows.
    It's not as bad as his personality issues. After all, many authors are nationalistic in some way.

The reason I'm so worked up about this is because this series would be really good without some scenes. I find the face-slapping rather amusing. It's a pity that such a novel is ruined because of this :/

I'd really appreciate if someone who reads every chapter can mention new chapter releases that have said scenes. It's not even related to the main plot anyways, so I won't bother to read it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you read the TLs note before you click into the chapter, he'll give you a heads up by saying something like it's censored or something

4. March

March Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's good. I'm not up to the latest chapter yet though so I dont read Tl notes. Any warnings for specific sections?

5. Vorpal

Vorpal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... You should probably ask someone else. I don't look at the chapter number. I don't even know how many chapters are out right now

6. Mr_Magika

Mr_Magika Big oof

Reading List:
    Link
    This complete ban thing is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Did they freaking murder orphans or something?

7. Lawlyeth

Lawlyeth [Gorrila Warfare Expert]

Reading List:
    Link
    Drugs , prostitute & zhang ye

I have a question about yuanqi (the star drunkard) , in the novel it's said that she is "ultra A" ?
    Wtf does it means
    do not say "it's upper A dumbass" because I read MTL (buuuuuh) and it isn't

8. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We translate it as S class, literally beyond A class

9. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    U sure?
    The mtl has both (ultra A and S ,so that's weird)
    Yuanqi says that the only person she think can demote the 7S ranked is zhang ye and she says that she doesn't like them , maybe somethings were lost in mtlation don't know.(that's not really a spoiler , like saying that some MC in a xianxia is overpowered in the end)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  10. CKtalon_TMW

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, there is only S class above A, of course, there are regional celeb rankings. Like China has it's own S, A class celebs, but they are not necessarily in the Asian or World celeb rankings

11. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah , they didn't explain that heavenly queen/king = S/ultraA except for the latest mtl ... (1400~)
    Really good novel, there's maybe 2-3 dull arcs at 800-1000chapters because the MC is always supressed and there's always bad young masters kind of guy everytime he take a stroll or worthless tournament arc like calygraphie one (like, who care?), but in the end it's ofc still worth it.
    Thankfully there's a lot of short sentences in this novel so the MTL isn't so bad contrary to others.
    I found the development of his love life to be really weird , like there were almost no physical contacts for 1 years with his gf(or maybe they skipped it, but I don't think so)unlike with dong which took only like a few weeks , and the novel started with a big harem feeling which is fortunately/unfortunately not proved(which still give a weird feeling , I mean he kissed dong several times , almost had sex with her , intimately caressed rao aiming and I only talk about what is translated , I think the author didn't want the MC to end up with "her" but was forced by the flow of his own story, fortunately they didn't talk about feelings with his previous possible love interest , like some crying because they weren't the one ending up with him , which would be fucking bad and I know a lot of authors that would have done it)
    Well I'm sorry for not reading your translations , I failed to keep control and rushed the MTL , I really like what you do though , I will probably read when you translare a few more hundred chapters (dat praise, I know), keep up the good work dude, I'm a fan .

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    so is this crosstalk something like manzai comedy ??

13. LeggeTN

LeggeTN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, and this is the first time I'm hearing about Manzai ... butt the bottom line descriptions on wiki would mean they are the same

14. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Vomits brain :sick::sick::sick:
    The author is still doing the old generic idiot xianxia characters underestimate the MC
    Zhang Ye has proven he knows any form of entertaiment and even some skills outside of it yet they still doubt him everytime he competes in a new category.
    I'm already skipping some paragraphs, won't be long before I drop the novel.

15. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    You better not read the MTL , it's the same arcs with lil differents things again and again
    Every freaking people in china is either a fan or is using connections in order to supress him , and have a red fish memory that forgets every 5 chapters that he can't be supressed and that he will face smack if you try to.

16. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh I wanna face smack all these authors who ruined such good ideas for novels

17. CKtalon_TMW

Reading List:
    Link
    The story is meant to be a comedy. Reading a MTL naturally loses all of that, so of course it's boring....

fuzor100 and Lawlyeth like this.
  18. Lawlyeth

Reading List:
    Link
    True

I still never said that I didn't enjoyed it in the end , that's a freaking good novel , I always wonder how the authors of novels of this quality are able to make 3chapter/day or sometimes moar

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  19. GateOfD

GateOfD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I took a break after the new years event or whatever with the songs, what arcs (in terms of what medium he jumps to) happened since then has been translated?

20. Slaggedfire

Slaggedfire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's getting really stupid. Countless times Zhang Ye has done something that others deemed not possible, why are they still so surprised when he does something?