Create your own gods

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, Aug 14, 2016.

?

Would you play a game like this if it's made?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Only if transported into another world is included in the package

45 vote(s)
    40.2%
  1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Mendax should belong to either Power Incarnate or Theocracy of Lyrica. Personally, the way I envision him/her s/he's a bit of a jackass but is highly amused by his/her own antics and thinks others should be would be as well. Save the victims. S/he considers what s/he does pranks and thus entertaining but given the very real and horrible ways it can screw up a persons life it just goes to show that power rules all. Maybe any time Mendax takes a female form she is from the Power Incarnate, but as a male he's from the Theocracy of Lyrica. Power Incarnate taking the more Vengeful Judgment/Justice and the Theocracy getting the more Comical Judgment Justice. If I had to pick one though I would go with the Theocracy, As I said I envision something as a Rogue and while s/he can definitely take ruthless actions, s/he was created with the idea of a more poetic justice rather than a vengeful one.

2. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    Man you sure like yuri >_>

3. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    .... Ai chan.... why.... why have I never heard of this game before? It looks so fun. It looks so fun! Thanks for that link!

Infinity Sword likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think the god of bad ideas would be welcome in any pantheon

5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Comment too small. Aunty can't read.

Do you really mean that or are you just being a tsun?

Thanks. I've already planned how he will meet Aelrea and his relationship with Esra.

Of course, Yuri Shall Conquer the World after all. Thanks for reading, please come again. Next chapter will be up within 2-3 days.

Yes, it's absolutely fun. It's a little daunting with how deep the game is. But if dated graphics and weird UI isn't a problem with you, it's certainly a great game. Like one of the comments said, "It's the ugly guy of the family that nobody wants to talk to, but if you do talk with him he will give you access to a great new world."

The pantheons are actually guilds or alliance instead of a way of thinking. There are hundreds of guilds in the game, but only these 7 has any relevance to the story. Thanks for your ideas.

6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh i was envisioning him/her as a cross between Shamo from Nekogami Yaoyorozu, and Tomoko Kuroki from Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dō Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!

She/he means well, but is influenced too much by thier domain, and the isolation it brings, that combined with generally bad ideas to be a more popular god makes them a little unwelcome in most places.

Imagine being a god that everyone believes in, but nobody worships. The dissonance of faith would be grating

7. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan Am I allowed to make a spell? It would help if you told me all the types of spirits there are.

8. Infinity Sword

Infinity Sword 『SwordofChaos's』『GodSlayingSword』『ZetaFam』『7Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    Wao good job!! I never thought you will make this. I will read it later... btw when mine show up? I don't think mine too OP.. lol

9. Eternal Liar

Eternal Liar [Forever Alone Sect Founder]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever the Solitary Keeper
    Principle power: Stagnation
    Supplementary power : Faith Reinforcement, Spiritual Empowerment, Heroic Ascension, Divinity Bestowment
    Special: Conceptual, Power is directly tied by the number and degree of faith
    - Compared to other faith, the power that can held by the users increases the less people wield it.
    -Magic is most powerful in there is only a single person of faith left using it (Divinity Bestowment), but the Goddesss will be at risk of dying
    -Creation Point will always be maintained at (Ever : 1 ) (Minions :999)
    - Located at a land preserved in time from the Golden Age of Gods
    Faith Point Total: ?
    Allegiance: Neutral

Kin: Acolytes of Solitary Path ( Forgotten Legendary Figures)
    - Divinity 8 (Heroic Spirits)
    - Faith 10 (Absolute Loyalty)
    - Arcane 9 (Magic of Time, only within home grounds)
    - Random (9)
    - Relations 0 (Isolated)
    - Reproduction 1 (Every few decades, Legendary Figures will be invited to join)
    The heretical, mad, genius, waywards. . . .
    Those who have but a single devotion toward their life's yet shunned for it may come across Ever, disguised as one who offers sanctuary in return for residing as guardians eternally within the sacred grounds where time is frozen. All those who accept are turned into heroic spirits with ageless body free to continue their pursuit.

(Basically that place you want to raid when you need a really important item or skill that has been lost for ages. So you delve into a place where time has frozen and fights the Guardian for it, kinda like a treasury with super hard boss fights)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    ....So Dark Souls in a nutshell?

I mean...
    Fallen heroes, check
    Time frozen, check
    No reproduction, check
    Loyalty, check
    Super hard, check
    Treasures after you kill boss, check
    Magic, check

11. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan oh nice looking forward to see how he will meet Aelrea and how you will make his relationship with Esra :)

12. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that is great! nice you got your story going. Will check it out ^^

13. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've got one.
    Solus, the god of outcasts.
    Principle power: Spiritual support.
    Special: Followers can mutate into monsters
    Allegiance: Chaotic
    If a god tries to sacrifice a believer, there is a 1% chance that you will gain the believer as a follower instead. Also, if a follower of Solus is separate from other followers of Solus, the follower is stronger than usual. Solus can create many shrines in hidden locations that outcasts are likely to reach, but can't create towns. Also, Solus can give most of his/her followers individual blessings. He/she can enable telepathic communication between his/her followers. Solus can directly speak to every follower he/she has. No fixed location.

14. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the setting is quite different, though, any other dungeons also fill the criteria above in terms of loyalty and treasures. As for fallen heroes, they're not actually fallen per se, they're actually well and alive just in semi-divinity form engrossing themselves in what they like to do, just that for the price of immortality (sort of until you guys come in and kill them) and solitude (sort of until you guys bust into their places and start robbing stuff), they have to guard the place to prevent the goddess from getting killed. As for super hard . . . . well I can't quite argue, but again you have an infinite amount of time to prepare to go in and come out while they're stuck in there forever. As for magic, it is a default ability of any beings belonging to the faith that keeps them alive, they die if they step out.

15. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    So less Dark Souls but more Overlord?

16. Eternal Liar

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord is kinda about the king and his minions following him, but yes kinda more toward overlord. Though the boss is weak . . . . very weak.

17. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    God of Knowledge, has a book(1) that can absorb books and the books that have be absorbed can be view and underlining a word will make it appear. I got this from another novel,

18. Phantomask

Phantomask Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *gasp* *sigh* so excited to see my creation appear

19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall try.
    You guys have to read the OP. Seriously, you have to read it if you want to join the fun.

Also @Kuro Itami , we're making game characters, not OP novel characters. So your idea isn't suitable. It doesn't work in the game environment.
    Don't worry, your character will meet with Esra for sure. But that will be some time in the future. Will happen in this volume, though.
    It's kind of incomplete, but I'll let you have a look. Click the spoiler. It would be cool to have someone else design the magics too, since the magics in AGO are designed by hundreds of players.

Unlike avatar and minion creation, magic designs have to be approved. Players send a 'magic creation' application via a private form and the programmers program the designs manually, including all the sounds and visual effects. Therefore, there's a clear rule on what the spells should be like.

Primary elements
    Fire
    Earth
    Water
    Air

Secondary elements
    Metal - governs strength and durability
    Wood - governs nature
    Gold - governs prosperity and conductivity
    Mind - governs mind manipulation

Divine elements
    Light
    Darkness
    Gravity (premium spirit element)
    Time (premium spirit element)
    Life (premium spirit element)
    Death (premium spirit element)

Modifier words (not complete)
    Whisper, call, summon, come, hear, listen, see

Words of power (not complete)
    Gather, bring, power, assist, return, assist, control, recover, decay, reduce, cancel, form, mix

To use magic, it must follow this order:
    1) Designation of elements (necessary)
    - Example 1 : Spirits of air. (This calls only the spirit of air)
    - Example 2 : Spirits of metal, spirits of fire. (This calls both spirits of air and spirits of fire. The order doesn't matter.)
    2) Modifier for elements (not necessary)
    - Description: Usually unnecessary, but it refines the spell to what the spirits are supposed focus on.
    - Example 1 : Whispers to the gentle winds. (This calls on only the gentle winds)
    - Example 2 : Listen to my words. Heed my call. (The first sentence informs the spirit to do only what is told, and nothing else. The second sentence asks the spirits to personally come, usually used in spells where the personification of the spirit is necessary)
    3) Words of Power (necessary)
    Description: Informs the spirit of what shape and purpose the spell will become.
    - Example 1 : Gather in my hand. (This is a simple spell)
    - Example 2 : Gather between my fingers. Mix and form into five long chains. (This is a very specific spell)
    4) Materialize command (necessary)
    - Description: This is when you call out the name of the registered spell. If you mess up the incantation, it can't work. If you mispronounce the spell's name, it will also fizzle.
    - Example 1 : Materialize: Air Blast
    - Example 2 : Materialize: Chains of Flame

Apart from the basic cost of the spell, you also use up MP every second the spell is being cast. Assume Primary Elements only cost 1 MP per second, higher level ones consume more MP per second. For example, Secondary Elements will cost around 3 MP per second of casting, while Divine Elements can cost as high as 20 MP per second of casting. The cost stacks. So if you use 3 Divine Elements, the cost per second during casting is 60 MP, so it's very possible to run out of mana before casting the spell for very complicated pentacle spells.

Also, what determines whether a verse is Elemental Modifiers or Words of Power is the first word that corresponds to either. For example, "Call the assisting wind" is treated as Elemental Modifier while "Assist the call of the wind" is treated as Words of Power. Therefore, anything after the determine that doesn't correspond with the proper verse are treated as fluff texts.

Please take note that very simple verses will never be approved. So you will never see "Spirits of air, water, light. Listen word. Gather my hand. Materialize: Air Blast." ever. The developers expect something at least either poetic or a proper sentence. But considering how troublesome the magic system is, players will try to make the simplest verses that satisfies the developers' requirements.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  20. kurisomething

kurisomething Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad, I didn't read it thoroughly.