LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because he hasn't had much human contact for a while that he is that dense. Lacks common sense in that area? I do hope there is more chapters with a more detailed take on how she passes the levels and what she thinks about the advice being given to her.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if they can take things with them when they leave the Tutorial, and if anyone compiled a list of the dead to take with them.

Well, archery takes a huge amount of concentration, so she shouldn't have much trouble in learning that skill too. She also has the benefit of years of professional guidance, so she'll be able to make even better use of it than him, especially with his advice added on top.
    Almost any level of detail would be better than what we got. This was basically "Yep, she made it through too," which is horrendously unsatisfying and only good by comparison to a complete play-by-play of her journey through the same floor from the first attempt to the last.
    To be fair, he's been trapped in there with very little human contact for years, he almost certainly never had a girlfriend, and his hand has probably saved him from going crazy many a time during this ordeal ;)

Also, there are some women who would (eventually) be happy to receive such a thing. Though the number that would actually thank him for it is probably significantly lower and the number that would be angry, significantly higher ;)

keklel, Rapacity and Abox like this.
  3. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We know there are lists of those still alive, I am unsure if they have a comprehensive list of the dead, though they almost certainly have a very good estimate.
    Basically the big thing is that there is a difference between giving a vibe to a friend, giving a vibe to a friend of the opposite gender, and giving a vibe to an acquaintance.

What he almost did can be felt as sexual harassment, even if it's obvious that in this case it's more of a case of being cut off from any real friendship with anyone for more than half a decade. So it's less "she could have gotten angry' and more 'she could have gotten freaked out and died because of loss of mental concentration at the wrong time'.

4. UsernameJ

UsernameJ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys are weird. If I was the MC I would've sent her a vibe no problem. No need to overthink things, it's no different than sending over an mp3 player with music or a tasty meal.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, its very different for most people, especially young people of the opposite gender that you barely know ;)

Though, now that you mention it, I wonder why he didn't send her an MP3 player. It could help her adjust her mood in a variety of circumstances. It would certainly be more useful than the cosmetics.

6. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The protagonist having not yet tried to gain resistances in the waiting room is very strange.

Also, goddamit new people.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he winds up regretting it because someone catches up to him and attacks him, or because it scares people so much that no sane person ever intentionally picks Hell difficulty again.

Also wondering if people can kill each other in the waiting room.
    He didn't know about them before the first trial, and he was too busy trying to pass the first trial before time ran out to think about anything else after it started. Also, it really really hurts, so its not at all strange that he wouldn't want to do it until after he got much more accustomed to pain.

8. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's possible I guess that an asshole appeared in the newbies that try to control them and then will try to catch up to try to control the MC.

I'm unsure that someone who can do this so quickly will end up being half as strong as him though.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Physical strength doesn't matter as much as mental strength in situations like that. So far, the MC hasn't shown himself to be particularly good at confrontation. Still, if the person was significantly weaker, they'd probably just die in the boss room.

10. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you can totally play mental strength as the most important thing when your only interactions are in a setting where injuries aren't possible.

OTOH, sheer physical strength if there is a huge gap mean something, or if the guy manages to lead 4 others, but, well, I doubt his info is so good they all manage to get to the 2nd floor much quicker than he did.

Or if it is, that means there is a significant drawback given how worried he was about archer girl or anyone else coming in Hell, and how she also seems to have taken most of a month. Though the latter probably can be attributed to "it's still efficient to train there in order to get the best bonus possible''.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should have just jogged back to the waiting area. If he couldn't make it, he could use a potion, if he could, then he could wait outside till the last moment and then recover himself for free before taking another stab at the trap. Either way, it wouldn't have been any more dangerous or wasteful than what he's actually doing.

12. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, I get the impression he was already half a hour jog within the floor, and he was getting paralysed.

Though, yes, he should have at least tried to do that.

13. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are any interesting things going to happen or is the story just going to be him grinding through the levels?

14. Sosseres

Sosseres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like his thought process. Use the healing room's safety net to raise resistances. Would probably be a better story without pain resistance though.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think running backward would have been a better idea in that situation. Also, why is he so certain that the temperature won't go down as he approaches the entrance?

16. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is aware the temperature was rising from him entering, and that it wasn't a "the farther you go the hotter it is", so he thinks there is better chances of finding a rest zone farther on than the temperature randomly dropping as he goes back.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If the girl isn't willing to experience pain to raise her resistances, I'm not sure how she'll survive this level. I doubt the Wind Spirit's blessing is given out to everyone, and even if it was, it isn't really enough on its own.

I wonder if everyone else in Hell will be dead by the time he gets back to the Waiting Room.
    Either direction had the chance of it dropping, and behind him was a known quantity, free of traps. Even if the heat didn't go down, it would still have been the better direction to run.

Also, given the purpose of this place, the odds of it dropping as he approached the entrance were quite high. Nothing random about it.

18. Voromir

Voromir Chaotic Evil Kobold Fig 4/Rog 16/Sorc 6 (DND 3.5)

Reading List:
    Link
    any news on TL taking a break?

19. unfettered

unfettered Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we need some news

20. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There wasn't anything mentioned on the homepage of the TLer's site.

hungry_machiavellian likes this.