News About Qidian International Project

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Qidian, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    He's probably a representative not the CEO of Qidian. He's not the one calling the shots and businesses tend to not make contracts public for everyone to see.

Hunta and shianthiestrada like this.
  2. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue with Line taking up webcomics is that most people use aggregate sites for manga and manwha and didn't even know Line came into the English market. People are taking Qidian more seriously because there's more communication between TL sites and NU serving as a central hub so we actually know about them going into the English market.

Westeller and Arcturus like this.
  3. snorri

snorri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what Qidian has been doing to the Chinese writers, the contract to the translators is certainly going to be a slave contract, including a muting article forbidding the signatory from revealing any information.

4. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello @Qidian! Glad to see an official representative, truly I am. And so I believe is the whole community ... The recent stunt(?) by WuxiaWorld scared hell out of many translators. Multiple rumors were floating around,scaring TL's and groups into thinking that Qi was going to devour them whole and so on ..
    BTW the rumor that Qi was going to acquire/acquired XianXiaWorld.net, is it true? I am really curious about it ..

The news about English Qi is really shocking for me, and I am sure it is for others as well. Especially getting it when those rumors are going around. Some breathed sigh or relief, some became more tensed. You may have to release a full detailed post about what Qi wants, why it wants, and how it wants, in the first post so that each newcomer can see it first and then go on with their queries ... A simple word like Business Model will not give them the answer they are seeking here. Qidian, as a corporation, is being enough to scare people in same industry to hide like a mouse, and with such an ambiguous post here,trust me, they are not feeling any better ...
    Also, it might be better to link all your discussion posts/threads in all of your official discussion threads. Eg. linking NUF in ur reddit post, and linking reddit post in NUF. It might increase ur work a little, but people can easily track these threads if they know where they are ..

Real queries down here -
    1) Is Qi going to link and redirect readers to WW from their en.qi site, or will both sites(ww,qi) ignore each other's existence and continue on with life?
    2) What are the figures that Qi is expecting at end of its first month? For translators, novels being translated and such things
    3) Is Qi going to do additional advertising, other than posting here and there on sites like these?
    4) What do Qidian expect from community? What type of reply/response does Qi expects from here?
    5) Is Qi willing to lose money in starting months to gain long term benefits, or is it going to be a miser thinking of current financial position instead of strengthening their position for future?
    6) Will you turn into a bully if things don't go according to your way?

Let me express my heartfelt gratitude if you are willing to share your business model with us, your future collaborators. We want to create an even longer friendship and relationship than you might expect from us. And Trust is the core part in building a sturdy and strong relationship.

Thanks,
    Robinhood1

ChairryPie and angerthosenear like this.
  5. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All big questions lol.
    1. I can not let you know much details but trust me it will be a good story.
    2. First month? I guess we still need to improve the quality assurance process of translation, and still invite more TLs join in.
    3. Not really in the very beginning. We might get start to promote until all contents are ready to go.
    4. We hope all of you can be involved. What type of reply?....hum... your real reaction?.. lol
    5. We plan to bear the translation cost in early stage and still exploring a reasonable business model in global market.
    6. Again, we are looking for cooperation all the time. I believe we need to grow with all of you. Bully hum, interesting lol. We can't build a way by ourselves alone. I guess we need to work with all translators, editors and readers to find out a better solution.

Do you like what I have answered? Again, sry for lacking of details which I would not be allowed to talk.

6. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    That's being too secretive my friend ... But well ...
    I hope Qi, its executives and advisors keep in mind that they are going in uncharted territory here. If they treat Global stage the same as Chinese stage, then they are dead wrong, and are just looking at utter destruction. Treading at global level is like walking around active volcano. The level of preparations will decide if u can stay alive or not. If
    - You have not spent time at least in months analyzing the community
    - Are doing calculations in Yuan instead of US Dollars,
    then you are not ready for it.

You need to improve the site as well, I can only see half of the description there, other half is not visible. The site do not have clickable link which makes a person think that it was created just for fun.

BabaNovac and ChairryPie like this.
  7. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the description is too long to read. We need to cut it off if we design it as mobile friendly. Otherwise the screen move is uncomfortable even you make a button to expand all contents.

8. Kilian

Kilian Dao of Dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if you guys have researched the customers and their probable response to a formal Chinese organisation running the Chinese translation market? Is Qidian International going to be hosted out of China? And use Chinese law for the contracts?
    I as a Western citizen often dislike the way China and Chinese companies are using and abusing (governmental) power and laws regarding copyrights of international businesses.
    For example: Could the Chinese government censor and delete translated novels hosted on Qidian International for being critical about the government and her agencies, like I'm really a Superstar".

Shirojm likes this.
  9. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I was quite busy with work and all, I completely missed all the fuss and dramas, but on the topic of the contracts... I can safely say they're mostly unreasonable. And I bet Qidian people know it too, since I made myself clear that I won't sign a bad contract when I see one, thus, I haven't received the long promised contract until now.

I skimmed through the contract my "friends" showed me and we are all in mutual agreement that the contract is not worth signing.

The representative goes back on every "sweet talk" he told us about in the contract.

10. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i just hope qidian eng will never implement subscription/month. But if you must implement it, please give a same cost with chinese qidian.

Because not everyone come from europe, many of us come from asia like me. We cannot afford to pay too much. If the cost same like chinese qidian, i'm willing to pay it. Our income/month in Asia not same with Europe.

Please don't only look from europe perspective because you will kill Asia reader

11. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    Good.. But i still cant read chinese..

12. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don´t know what you are going to do with the site but I have to say 3 things

- I don´t live in USA but I have family there and I know that they´re not used to work the same amount of time than chinese people and they usually ask for more money so please have this in mind (they actually think that chinese contracts are similar to slavery)

- It´s good to ask for money. Nothing in this world is free and it will keep the site alive for more time but don´t ask too much because you´ll end up scaring everyone away (I think netflix & crunchyroll are good examples to follow)

-I don´t know why everyone is so scared... I love to read novels for free and I love you guys for taking your time but most of the novels are NOT going to be fully translated at this rate and this is going to be amazing for everyone if it´s well done

Hunta likes this.
  13. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It seem fishy about timing since xianxiaworld just shut itself and now they are popping up using same incentives as xianxiaworld but as official thing. It seems they have already tested their waters.(no offence)
    EDIT: - Their website seem pretty sleek. Loved it.

14. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    Will there be any regional restrictions?

15. arc4203

arc4203 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone heard about Qidian International which is supposed to go live starting this Spring?http://en.qidian.com/

16. animedemon

animedemon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that awesome cant wait for it

17. phong79

phong79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    havent heard of it, but thanks for the heads up

18. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    In b4 monopoly.

Kung Pao and pepeoo like this.
  19. MrNebulist

MrNebulist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is another novel by zhttty, the author of terror infinity! OMG!

20. shubenz

shubenz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, all translator website is gonna migrate to qidian?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.