LCD Omni Genius

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaded, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Bagelson

Bagelson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read a few hundred chapters of the RAW of Omni Genius, but it gets hard to keep reading.

Aside from the casual racism and sexism that you'd expect from most modern setting Chinese novels that involve Japan and Korea, the amount of corruption portrayed is practically ridiculous. This is a setting where anyone whose parents have a bit of financial or political influence can get away with rape and murder on a practically weekly basis, or even having local law enforcement do it for you. And the only chance to get any kind of justice is to have even better connections.

The MC is also rather unsympathetic, with the the author creating thin excuses for his behaviour. For example, the story is clearly heading towards a harem, but before it actually arrives there, he pretty much spends a few hundred chapters cheating on his girlfriend.

I can take the mysticism, considering how the MC has a cheat, but I have a harder time getting over the pseudoscience.

I guess you could see it as an alternate reality, especially considering how far the author goes in using historical names, slang and references instead of currently existing Chinese place names and companies. It's always the Capital instead of Beijing, the country is Longguo instead of Zhongguo, it's Ninghai instead of Shanghai, the Sichuan Province is the West Shu Province, Chilsung instead of Samsung, etc.

It's got quite a few sex scenes though, which is rare for a Chinese novel.

2. talion333

talion333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for qin fang japan is a idiotic nation with just idiot who kill without honnor, and the USA is only a group of greedy bastard who can trow there love for money.
    My subordinat, my girlfriend, and all my friend are chines or half chines and the only woman japanes is my slave!

3. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 59 MC still has naïve thinking, he have inventory feature but he didn't use it when City Supervisors came there.
    if i'm protagonist there, I will take all item in my stall and money inside inventory then just play as someone who's tired dating 2 women there and sitting there taking a break.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 60 MC has too much peaceful life I think? he didn't even think it was li feng who make his life hard? I thought it was Omni genius? Omni naïve should it titled.

5. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 61 he didn't want to be called as leecher? if I was him I will become shameless man to strip that fatty job then stealthy sneaking to his home then beat him up then ask him why did he target mc stall? he's too lenient now, why did he do that gangster in the past but here he didn't?

6. Bagelson

Bagelson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His inventory only has 3 spaces, you know. Also, shit disappearing into thin air is a good way to draw unwanted attention.

I'm not saying this is a great story, but there's no need for undue criticism.

7. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    oh? 3 slot? hmm i'm forgetting about that I think I got it mixed with inventory of Gamer manhwa.
    hmm its sure criticism ahaha sorry man, not intentionally to get attention from it.

oh thanks for reminding, I take it back for that criticism earlier at my comment on chapter 59.

8. Lotfi

Lotfi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sad how the translation stopped where MC begins learning martial skills
    It's been a month already T_T

9. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh waiting for new chapters is tough. Translation has stopped just when the story started getting better. I wonder what happened to the tl. Pls don't let real life consume another translator.
    I wonder if he'll get a new weapon soon or enter the path of the Dao of the Brick and become One With The Brick :D

10. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    yesterday and now today kobatochan.com is heavy for me to use [ I mean when i open kobatochan.com, its tab always loading and its page cant be moved by scroll or site scroll ]

so much .....-.com / .....-.net / .....-.org within loading progress tab in bottom web browser. idk why is that happened, is it just me? or its general for visitor of kobatochan.com

can you fix this please? @kobatochandaisuki

11. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It must be the ads but does it really needs to be "fixed"? Btw, you can't really fix ads unless you have total control over it (direct inventory but which really nobody has) or just have none.
    Does it cause you problems other than just seeing loading progress tab? If not, I guess it's okay.

12. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    well i cant even use your sites at all, cant pressing any link or button there.
    cant use scrolling function and scrolling within my mouse [not animal but my mouse hardware]

edit : one example address that always loading within your sites loading bar is lkqd.net
    yeah i think its ads, so maybe i should wait until i can use your site again.

13. LuftRauser

LuftRauser [Count LuftCula] [try to get active II]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooooo
    What chapter dat grilling competition?

14. namia91

namia91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The challenge start at chapter 40.

15. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 41.

LuftRauser likes this.
  16. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't got other complains as such, I have no idea what the problems could be.
    And we changed our ads to be non-intrusive and rather clean.
    What browser and anti-virus do you use? Maybe it could also be some plugins that you have causing it.

17. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, i'm using UC browser! i'm making kobatochan.com into white list then its like that then i'm activating adsblock its still same.

maybe its my network huh? i will try to change browser.

18. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's still the same even after activating adblock, then I can't help you at all.
    It's likely on your side. Maybe a malicious plugin, program or code got on your pc or browser

19. Morvian

Reading List:
    Link
    well yeah i think, thx for fast respond btw!