Novelnames and your opinion

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Mowlterran, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Invisible Dragon sounded so OP... I mean, its a invisible dragon! A invisible person can go all hentai on all the girls and a dragon is so OP! Combine them together to get the ultimate fusion! The moment you read it, the writing is so amazing that you may lose some brain cells...

2. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    if it's a CN novel just read the synopsys...the title doesn't have anything to do with the novel...
    if it's a JP novel the title it's a spoiler...just read the title, and you already read all the novel...
    if it's a KR novel....it's my definition of title.....it's just tell you what make the MC special, like an action, name of a class, ecc. and doesn't spoil you, just make you curious....

Alyuna likes this.
  3. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what happens to me sometimes I read manga. Like one time I waited for updates of Ten Prism, shounen manga, and I always clicked Ten Count, yaoi manga, cause I only remembered the Ten -.-

CN novel you should read a summary or some chapters/look at tags, synopsis often isn't what it should be: a brief summary of the major points. They just write crap.

OnigaImasuka likes this.
  4. Mowlterran

Mowlterran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you are right, but when i read "reincarnated" and then something modern, with the modern part being in a fantasy world, it just puts me off, including titles like (will not me perfectly written) "i level up just by living in my house etc" kind of titles.

And the thing that i dislike about "Immortal Mortal" is just that name, it annoys me so much q.q

Nyarlathotep likes this.
  5. sweed

sweed l.o.v.e.m.u.f.f.i.n.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they should just classify his Immortality, mus be B or lower if he's still considered mortal, as in he can't be killed by a timely death- only with smth els.

6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Release that Witch put you off since it's about using modern technology in medieval time? :/

And yeah, I agree with you about the "I level up blablabla", it sounds stupid.

Immortal Mortal sounds like a human who is able to live forever to me, nothing more, nothing less.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  7. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    I find CN normally have lengthy synopses that tell you absolutely nothing about the story

8. Mowlterran

Mowlterran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Often stumbled over it put like the threat says, it's about the title and i can't see that in the title

9. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It catches your attention if you haven't read the genre. If you know the genre it just makes you sigh.

10. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I read a lot of stuff. It catches my attention because he fking reincarnated into a vending machine. Wtf is he going to do he is a fking vending machine is the first thing I think about.

11. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I will give you an argument.

Me personally I was hooked by Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.

Just three words.

A legend plus moonlight plus sculpting.

Bam and you gentlemen have a masterpiece.

What can I say?

It hooks for both catchy name and love for plot. I mean seriously it's such good romance.
    The details, the geomchis, the grass poridge, my my it's just heaven in a lightnovel

12. Mowlterran

Mowlterran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Indeed, LMS is a simply worth the time

But Weeds naming sense *sigh*

13. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hilarious and his songs duuh...

14. something123

something123 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sorn-3DHTC8

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell me where u release ur chapters. Although, if it's only loli nevermind. I prefer big breasts but u did say 'huge breasted blonde goddess'. Dark elf milfs are super hot.

15. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Some novel names are good, like Strange Life of a Cat or The Path of a Cannan Fodder's Counterattack :ROFLMAO: Makes them sound different and interesting kek

16. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel names are somewhat like news articles' titles. You buzz the readers by informing (although often exaggerated) what it talks about ("xxxx did this and that!") and the curiosity will do the job of attracting them.

17. Rickymex

Reading List:
    Link
    He reincarnated into something stupid and you automatically know there's going to be some shitty (maybe ecchi) comedy and a super duper shallow harem.It's similar to the adult/rape WN that pop like this ones

18. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not expecting anything but comedy coming from a Vending machine MC. If anything since u mentioned ecchi comedy how he can do anything in that situation as he is a vending machine. I would not expect harem since HE IS A VENDING MACHINE. As for what you linked it is exactly what it sounds like its basically Adult and I'm not expecting anything else but sex with that title. Its like saying the title is Dominating Sword Immortal and your expecting A MC using the sword and killing every enemy in sight. Ofc you would probably see something like that.

19. Alam Semesta

Alam Semesta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, i prefer novels name in english than in Chinese, Japanese or Korean. I am more familiar with english than in those language.
    For example:
    Dungeon Defense = Deonjeon bang-wi
    Release that Witch = Fàng kāi nàgè nǚwū
    Moon-led Journey Across Another World = Tsukiga Michibiku Isekai Dochu

I can't remember the title if they are in language other than english language.

20. Rickymex

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't expecting comedy or adult situations. I understand that the title fits a genre and you are going to get that genre. The problem is that with the majority of titles like that you get super shitty versions of the genre. I'm all for comedy but there's nothing worse that unfunny comedy. I know that different people have different tastes but there exists a certain bottom bar that makes if nearly impossible to admit that someone might find something under it funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.