LCD Radiant Era

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Feb 3, 2017.

1. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone here with another thread of something that i have started to enjoy Radiant Era;
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/radiant-era/ ; http://www.radianttranslations.com/radiant-era/re-prologue/

what caught my eye with this one is the prologue where i assumed that the MC was the biggest narcissist you could find and the next thing was the Evil Main Character tag which was like icing on top of a cake...

The story is by Blood Red - Author of Magus Era and Stealing the Heavens...

the MC is quite the money grubber... as well as being extremely greedy...a good quote from chapter 4
    ... I will saying straight out i was hesitating with this novel for a long time, i was the same with stealing the heavens and magus era; once i read stealing the heavens i just wanted more but oh well cant do anything about the fact that the TL vanished as for Magus Era i have mixed feeling about it but not because of the story... so when i started reading it i went in totally unprepared and assumed the worst but was pleasantly surprised as the story is not fast but at the same time not slow either, we only got small details about the mc but we also got details on the side characters which the MC interacts with and the reasons for his love of money...

Are there any readers of this story here on NUF? if yes what do you guy/gals think of it?

Hunta and Astaroth like this.
  2. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    ill pick it up after it has around 30+ chapters

3. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    i like reading anti hero mc. definitely on my reading list, thanks mister!

its better than having a heroic mc who saves a girl ever 50 chapters. :D

4. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    i was similar when i kept hesitating with it, i said to myself wait until chapter 25 if you dont like it during these 25 chapters then you can drop it, but it is quite a good one;
    same i sometimes hate that damsel in distress part of huge number of novels and prefer the evil/anti hero mc more sort of like Leylin of WMW...

5. Zariox

Zariox 『Professional Wordmaster of Bullshit』『Alien Lv79』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll check it out right now, what you said attracted me, thanks for sharing. :3

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    How does this MC compare to Leylin? Cause i would definitely use Leylin as a benchmark for a darker and ruthless MC who doesn't take that character aspect over the top.

7. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    well i wouldnt say that he is as comparable as to Leylin currently as during the first 10 chapters he has only been plotting and started planning a huge robbery, i think that its just that the mc would be willing to commit any crime to get money... for example
    the mc stole using his gang a very powerful weapons and basically went to sell them on the black market another was his subordinates coating poison on a crossbow to kill the person whom they tried to sell the weapons to
    and he said this that he would be willing to sell a partner if it meant that he could profit which is similar to leylins out view...
    small note there hasnt been much (nothing whatsoever) on the cultivation in the first 10 chapters...

8. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Right finished the 27 translated chapters and all i can say is that i am looking forwards to the future chapters... the cultivation has not been revealed which is what blood red usually does but gives little inklings of what we want, the characters are nicely developed mostly side characters, we still know quite little about the mc other than that he comes from a rich but also underworld participating family, there are gangs and a bit of exaggerated humour which will give a good giggle (it gave me one at the very least)... also i dont really want to compare novels but i think that WMW may have used several points from this novel let me explain in the spoiler section
    the eccentric professors where if you are unlucky and chosen by them you will likely end up dead which is the same as in the beginning of WMW where leylin went to that academy and if he was unlucky and got a bad teacher he would have been in dire straits whereas here the mc was unlucky and almost died multiple times to the professor he was assigned to, also the ideologies of both MC which is as long as it is profitable they would be willing to help or sell a friend...
    i will only say that it is just these two points for now but it is still very early in the story to judge further on and many authors do use similar aspects in their novels... also if you are thinking that this is the novel that may have used WMW as an inspiration then sorry RE came out in 2012 whereas WMW came out in 2015...

9. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    C28 - the church is really rolling in money... also at the end of that chapter was that the general who is the father of that guy who the mc framed for the alcoholism, partying, and causing arson due to intoxication?

10. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    29- and the plot thickens(btw currently there is still no plot), this is what enemies should be like and at the same time shouldn't, time will tell. I like this elder brother of that scrub he framed...

11. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    35 - really curious about mc family his dad seems pretty cool from the chapter that he was introduced. Also wonder whether the mc has cultivated or not at all

12. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Its getting good, cant believe that the mc actually dug ouy his foster brothers eye, and that cliff at the end...

13. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this novels needs more loves and chapters, especially chapters, mc and his family are badass gangsters

DeathStroke96 likes this.
  14. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha these reunion chapters have been so hilarious!! - okay a bit of an exaggeration but when he and his old man reunited was pretty nice!!

15. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    his family are wealthy, so wealthy that the emperor is inferior
    yet they are so goddamned greedy

16. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    I like their approach, tho, they might be wealthy as hell but they are sharing all of their money with their subordinates which makes it, that in the end all they receive are the scraps I guess...

The latest 2 chapters have been something... what kind of reaction would a father expect from a son or friends when he tells them that he would be running for a mayor? Encouragement or support? Guess Blackbeard is out of luck because what he got was three closest people just laughed at him until he explained himself what a poor fellow (not in literal sense tho as he is quite rich and soon would be even richer)...

17. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    the money is used to ensure their safety too
    and you have to admit, from blackbeard description he don't looks the mayor part

18. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    True

19. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, so I am guessing that the black tiger family are from Chinese descent or something along those lines...

We are somewhat getting a picture of the case between mc and Arthur and the story how MCs dad and mum got involved is just hilarious!!

20. Anon Ymous

Reading List:
    Link
    more like mixed blood, father is something else(maybe vikings:rolleyes:), mother is eastern side
    and arthur tried to kill him before probably