LCD Soaring Towards the heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Alverost, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Alverost

Alverost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is the NU link for those interested: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/soaring-towards-the-heavens/
    Currently being translated at gravity, what is your initial impression of the novel?

Synopsis:
    In the hypocritical world beneath the Firmament of the heavens, no ghost nor demon can contend with the ever changing emotions of man!

With grass as soft as it is fine, and beauties like jade, how could the swordplay of the world ever compare!

Over the vast star-filled skies, there are the seven emotions and six desires, and the Three Poisons of greed, ill-will, and delusion. He Who Has Arrived, the Buddha himself, will grant thee unlimited strength!

Under the will of the many, they too will pray for a torrent of blood!

The demons will weep and the gods will howl, for this ocean of blood sees no shore. Not one will dare to ask to find the way!

Therein lies no path in this sea of blood. But with a boat made from the bones of the dead, it will ascend into the Heavens!

2. Hunta

Hunta shameless

Reading List:
    Link
    pls don't tell me he's a cripple too?

I dont want to suffer reading the first 50 chapters

3. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil the start for me? I usually don't read stories without a few comments.

4. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    My initial impression is me thinking you're the translator promoting the novel.

Also, the chapter 5 retranslation sucks and seems worse than the previous translation.

Gravity Tails: “Playing a qin?” Yan Beihong was speechless.
    Novitranslation: "Playing the zither?" Yan Bei Hong went silent.

Someguy666 likes this.
  5. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately I can't even read chinese, let alone translate the novel. Beside that, I think we should be grateful that someone is translating a novel for us to read. There will be mistakes but hopefully the quality will improve and less mistake would be made through experiences gained.

6. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    No he isn't.
    It's just 5 chapters, hasn't got a cheat/started cultivating yet. Try reading it?
    The qin is an instrument that falls under the zither family. So both translations are correct.

If the OP's post makes you think he's the translator(I don't know if he is), then I hope you never read the LCD's I've made lol.

thymee, Hunta, WeiFish and 1 other person like this.
  7. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    @Jaded , thanks for clearing that up.

8. 222222

Reading List:
    Link
    StuffedDuck likes this.
  9. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Quoting wiki,
    Traditionally, the instrument was simply referred to as the "qin"

WeiFish likes this.
  10. 222222

Reading List:
    Link
    Either way, I think it's terrible when people post pinyin translations for literally everything unless it's a chinese name that won't mean anything in english.
    [Hu Sect rather than Tiger Sect]

I still won't know what a qin is unless I google it. If they used zither or guqin, I would've known instantly.
    [Qin is a pinyin]

strixflash likes this.
  11. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I don't mind that they use the term qin because first of all its fits with the story. Qin is traditionally used term and guqin is a more modern term. Google searching the term doesn't worsen the the experience at all instead it interest me to learn more of the culture.

Beside, I think we should go back to the actual purpose of the thread which is to discuss the LC. The novel provides an interesting perspective, the MC has 2 younger sibling to take care of, he tried to marry his neighbor which was met with a complete denial from her parents due to his social standing. The MC is quite clever in my opinion, I'm curious to how the story would develop later on after meeting that mysterious guy playing the Qin.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    StuffedDuck likes this.
  12. Alverost

Reading List:
    Link
    I gotta say, that was one shameless master and damn so heartbreaking.

13. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Why no love for this WN? It's quite well written.

14. grumble_rumble

grumble_rumble Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Likely because of the Netorare tag, readers beware. I started reading and was really liking it but the tag kept bugging me, so I dug around a little and it turns out it's there for a good reason.

Basically, the author is notorious for writing stories where heroines are either "stolen" from the hero or made to marry someone else. In the case of this one the adopted sister from the beginning will be the one to marry someone else, which seems this caused quite a shitstorm among Chinese readers. He also has to give up two other love interests because he wasn't powerful enough.

Suffice to say I'll avoid anything by the author in the future as well.

15. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm reading this novel now.
    I hope there's nothing annoying girl here.

16. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp that spoiler ruins it for me .__.

17. Ikemen Sensei

Ikemen Sensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats very tag is like meh.

18. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    I spoke with the tl and she told me that there is no ntr in the first 200 and just because
    the mc didnt marry his adoptive blood sister is not that much of an issue, also if any possible fiancee/wife chose to be with someone else it was better for them not to be together
    . Also people basing opinions without properly reading the story (and based on what others tell them as well as a tag which is based on sexual betrayal) are quite short sighted and narrow minded as they only judge a book by its cover without properly seeing what the situation was...i just read the first 20 chapters and i find myself enjoying the story, and if there is a point where the fiancee/wife or anything happens where they choose not to be with the mc i would like to know the reason and how the author resolved it above all before saying im dropping it because they should have been together or im not going to read it because it has this tag...also eventually a lot of readers will get bored of the happy go lucky where the mc can save the damsel in distress or prevent them from being taken as even i am trying to find a more mature and feasible novel!!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  19. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Who the woman ends up with has always been the woman's choice. Be it the "Dragons don't live with snakes" reason for breaking betrothals or forced to separate due to clan/sect interests these things are understandable and are not NTR. NTR is willing/coercive adultery and non-consensual forced to watch shit. Why cant most immature brats tell the difference? Not every girl in the MCs life chain themselves to his d*ck.

hirza and DeathStroke96 like this.
  20. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 58: not much i guess except reunion, some info about the fat horse and thats it..., but i wonder what is it that Lao Bai wants to accomplish with the egg of a Mantis...