Discussion I found the reccomendation forum that got me into eastern novels!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by henrywolf123, Feb 15, 2017.

1. henrywolf123

henrywolf123 『<(-.-<) kriby master』

Reading List:
    Link
    I remembered it vaguely and how i discovered coiling dragon having clicked on one of the links here, and from there it was all history. https://bato.to/forums/topic/22141-where-can-i-find-recommendations/ is the single thing that got me into this and i wanted to take a moment to share it, and ask anyone else if that was how they discovered books like CD, or LMS.

Key, SinCity, fuzor100 and 7 others like this.
  2. jtthwe

jtthwe Adept of Living Life to its Fullest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, this thread also got me into Chinese novels

3. jw287962

jw287962 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I acutally don't remember how i got into this but i really want to remember argh. I feel like I was trying to find chinese dramas after finishing the condor heroes(more like rewatching) and then found out about xianxia and a novel that was being translated on spcnet (coilling dragon) or something i don't remember. And yea, I was like hey I like this and after that i started reading again after not reading for enjoyment for like years.

4. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    i just found CD in Bakatsuki. Was amazing. Got introduced to so many cool concepts. I was kinda overwhelemed at first.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  5. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I remember that thread! I saw it forever and ever ago looking for things to read, and did find a few new things on it. This was back when I was mostly reading japanese stuff and didn't know chinese webnovels were even a thing, I think?

I don't really remember now... But I think it might have had a hand in introducing me to these novels, too. .... I do remember that I really, really didn't like the way it was formatted as nothing but a list of titles, though, and clicking through them disappointed at how few chapters most had...

6. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, that thread got me too...

7. asomeCokkies

asomeCokkies [Eternal Quest for Epubs]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh boy! I remember that thread. Did everyone cross that thread to get here?

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. FAiri110

FAiri110 Your Secret Stalker

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, I started with reading BTTH manga and luckily read a comment about the existance of CN novels. With the help of Mr. Google, I found Wuxiaworld and there goes my years of sleepless nights...

capsunica likes this.
  9. Ingenuity

Ingenuity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading manga, but one day I was reading the synopsis of a manga I was thinking of reading and saw that it was adapted from a light novel. I tried web/light novels once and was hooked. Can confirm, reading most addictive drug of the year.

crakaz and Raven_King like this.
  10. NUCL3AR T1GER

NUCL3AR T1GER → The Lone Tiger ←

Reading List:
    Link
    I started from reading a manhwa/manga and couldn't wait for the next release, after that, I found that it had a LN on mangaupdates.com~
    Into the rabbit hole I went <3

11. 4myzelf

4myzelf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was SAO for me, the details that wereomitted in the manga made me look for novels for mangas if they exist then one thing lead to another and now I'm here

12. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I remembered seeing the site several times for Arifureta, so I just wound up looking here after thinking it might have more stuff to read. Sadly, it just fueled my addiction, ruined my social life, made me vitamin D insufficient, and I lost sleep.

So...completely worth it!

13. Hilltopy

Hilltopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd finished watching the Gate anime and was wondering if there was a novel for it. I looked it up and saw two links that really interested me: 1 for skythewood's site, and one for here. I started reading it, then a downward spiral of finding too many things to read and not enough time to read them started. I now am somewhat chronically sleep deprived because I stay up way to late reading, before waking up and going to school. Still do fine, though.

Ingenuity likes this.
  14. WeirdJourney

WeirdJourney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started from learning that 1/2 prince had a novel. From there I discovered the existence of Japtem and LMS. Probably spent about a year casually reading stuff from Japtem and Bakatsuki until I saw some people discussing CD and how Ren had just established WW in Japtem's chat. From there I bounced around for awhile before discovering the wonders of the subreddit, and then after the great CN vs JP collapse we all ended up here.

That's my story from beginning to end.

crakaz likes this.
  15. Az31r4

Az31r4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, I am looking for LMS novel after reading the webtoon, and it lead me to a site which has a completed series of CD (which has the webtoon of it too) and get hooked at it,
    And thus began my journey of finding similiar chinese novel......

16. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I read manhua Zhan Long, searched for more, saw something about chapter 60+ or 70+, clicked on it and I was on GravityTales( was gravitytanslation/s back then if I recall correctly). From there I got to WW and so on...

17. OneNameHero

OneNameHero [The Unchosen One]

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to watch a an unhealthy amount of anime in middle school and when I got sophomore year I discovered most popular anime have a manga and that most popular manga have ln versions and that's pretty much it.

18. OneNameHero

OneNameHero [The Unchosen One]

Reading List:
    Link
    Also coiling dragon was my first but I never finished is it because it's too fucking long.

19. Zariox

Zariox 『Professional Wordmaster of Bullshit』『Alien Lv79』

Reading List:
    Link
    Chinese teacher recommended chinese novels, and I started reading coiling dragons. And well, to this day I still read chinese novels, love 'em! haha.

20. jw287962

jw287962 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's too long????? That's like a lot of them Oo