Recommendations Cultivation novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by thekingofgamez, Feb 17, 2017.

1. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been frustrated with novels that include a couple that get separated for 100-200+ chapters and then when they reunite they disappear again for a long time. So I havent found to many novels with either harem or non harem plots where both the mc and their dao companion or lover are in the majority of the story. Any suggestions would be nice it can be anything ancient times , modern times , or futuristic.

2. Ogami-kun

Ogami-kun 『Blue Shadow ensnaring demons』『FA sect disciple』

Reading List:
    Link
    CD?

Raven_King likes this.
  3. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group.
    The MC is without his (suspected) female lead right now, but they get to chat around every other day

4. Atl92

Atl92 [God] [Devil] [Hero] [Monster]

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Bro-Shield

Bro-Shield Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Ying Wang Zhuo

Flyingfrogslash likes this.
  7. CharLok

CharLok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heaven Awakening Path
    (The two are literally inseparable)

And lol that's like the whole reason I dropped doluo dalu

8. Magicwafflez

Magicwafflez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Yin Wang Zuo
    You have to wait until they're teenagers though, but she has the most face time of any pair in a novel that I've seen

9. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People call that cheap drama its used to keep people on edge this will keep happening til the reader notices that they dont have to deal with that kind of stuff so they drop the genre entirely.
    Break tru the heavens has this same thing but not with just 1 heroine but with all of them (how many is all ^^).
    Even in anime from 2005 til now its a mayor theme/cliche that has been overused its getting less used because the fans themself are nowadays writting dem novels and they hate this cliche as much as i and u do (believe me i freaking hate it so much its my most hated subject in any novel 2nd to ra-xxx but o wel as ppl believe dark fantasy needs to have this in it for it to be a quality novel).
    For instance Stellar Transformation the heroine is very nice and wel build sadly the author is using her as a goal in a marriage scheme since then i kinda kept reading but now i have no reason to reread it anymore...

But ignore the above if u just find it ranting lets see your asking for a novel with cultivation where the MC and the Heroine kinda go tru the journey together?
    That is a very very hard one i kinda got one but it isnt really cultivation the main char uses the 3 systems of magic,Ki and some self invented ensignia powerd physical enhancement it also falls under the genre where the MC almoost always has an anwser to his problems.
    The journey of an old soul on royalroad but yea no cultivation in the traditional sense....
    this was supposed to be a link but i cannot post it sorry)
    I am not sure if you read much on royalroad but if you do not i can give u some other titles where the MC semi shares his journey with a counterpart.
    But for the MC and the heroine or hero to be completely equal often doesnt happen.

thekingofgamez likes this.
  10. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
  11. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    sweet thanks ill check out Heaven awakining path and Shen Yin Wang Zuo. for tmw im not happy that she became like a doll and doesnt say much and does what ever YY wants her to do she was awesome at the start when they were younger tho. I like Cultivation Chat Group but they arent a couple yet and yes its still early on so i still have high hopes

12. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    yes im kinda in the mood to see a journey with the couple in the entire thing or atleast the majority of the novel like around 80 percent, I also dont want the companion to be trashy or weak i want them to support each other and help each other not just be a kidnap victim.

13. Bagelson

Bagelson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, which one is the suspected female lead now? I'm all caught up with the RAWs and have no idea where the translation is at, and I'm really wondering what readers are saying.

14. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe when you say 'further into the story' you either 1. mean something the author hasn't written yet, or 2. something temporary(which I don't believe is a majority of the story)...

15. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translation is at chapter 83. MC is taking the train
    To find the guy who stalked him b/c of the ghost he and Soft Feather found
    The suspected female lead (my point of view) is
    Mt. Yellow's True Monarch, since he saw it in his divination :D
    No, I assume it's Soft Feather, since the MC got in there by fate ( just that it did not connect him to Mt. Yellow, but Soft Feather instead).

The other (possible, though I doubt it) female character's who are known so far are
    - The girl who wants to be his gf for the summer since he's a human air conditioner
    - His cousin (very unlikely imo)
    - The woman who runs the bookstore he wents to do his window reading (Store's not doing so great yet, she doesn't seem to care -> Cultivationer in mortal tempering?)
    - The loli who has the incurable disease of being hit on by bullies (and using them as practice dummies)
    - The 4-5 year old loli who'm he carries in the train (well... just no.)
    The others are all in a (more or less) consentual relationship, so unless the female lead has not appeared yet I don't think I'd guessed wrong.

16. Bagelson

Bagelson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks.

In order not to spoil anything I won't comment with any kind of specifics. I'll just say that's more or less what I thought back when I was reading around that part.

17. postbank

postbank Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is a prime example of what the OP doesnt want, for the first 250 chapters or something he is seperated from his sister then he is also seperated fromt he jade fairy who in the future also gets seperated in the cliche sense (i am avoiding spoilers but really this novel is the apix of what the op doesnt want).

18. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    Heavenly Jewel Change then I guess... his main girl is only temporarily gone at this point in the story, but that's also to power up. plus his whole team powers up alongside him. great novel for sustained relationships and crew building.

The MC does build up to a harem tho FYI

19. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    sure name some more im always down to read stories

20. thekingofgamez

Reading List:
    Link
    i have been reading that its not bad. i do enjoy it tho =)

Raven_King likes this.