Recommendations A slow paced cultivation novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Fegha, Feb 25, 2017.

1. cktulica

cktulica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as a general rule:
    xanxia is slower
    (with a lot of isolated cultivation and time skips...)
    while xuanhuan tends to be faster
    (like the MC being the youngest ever to reach certain levels, fighting against 300+ old people while being 17 themselves)

2. SomeDude

SomeDude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Oraboras

Oraboras Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess that Chronicles of Primordial Wars is a slow novel... Later 100 chapters it doesnt had much progress.

Conquest, too... It's more Slice of Life than battle, and battle (at least, till now)... Anyway... It's martial and envolve cultivation in someway...
    Law of the Devil 250 chapters and the mc had not a significant power progress...Although this doesnt to be the main.

Anyway... "Slow Novel" it depends from point of view.

4. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not slow paced. More like dragged.

5. forgotusername

forgotusername Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xian Ni / Renegade Immortal is pretty nice, I heard that the work was inspired by RMJI, I don't know where I seen that from tho (not sure if true).

Demon diary (EN Translation is kind of slow, it's decent, but slow compared to mainstream ones.....) is from the same author, this author's work are pretty similar.

This is pretty much mentioned before, but I would second World of Cultivation as well, he's cultivated went so skewed making it hard to improved (at least it appears the case at where I stopped reading) - Lots of funny misunderstanding as well, if you enjoy some humour, it's a good read.

6. Mindless-Genius

Mindless-Genius Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    if you read RMJI after Xian Ni then its like looking into a copy which is what i assumed at first that i was reading a copy of Xian Ni but it turned out that RMJI came out before...

8. skyleven7

skyleven7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grasping Evil
    If you're looking for cultivation novel then this is for you. MC doesn't care about much as long as he can cultivate to higher realm. You can actually feel MC grow up. Though some parts of it you may find disturbing but overall its really good.

9. MantouInv

MantouInv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He asked for slow paced, not cultivation novels that have multiple time skips over many years

10. Fegha

Fegha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, didnt expect so much reply in a day :O
    I really appreciate all of you, for recommending all the novels.

Here's my thought:
    Xian Ni and ISSTH : I have read them all, and currently are stockpiling the chapters. But I have to say now I am a bit disappointed with ISSTH. Now the author seems like rushing the story so much that I feel the MC doesnt get breaks at all. Unlike the earlier chapters when Er Gen spent 300+ chapter just for Core Formation stage alone. I know maybe there are time skips, but Er Gen is pretty bad with keeping track of the time. Now I cant calculate Meng Hao's age at all. But, the thrill itself is enough to make me keep reading it.

Ze Tian Ji : I forgot to mention this one, but I have read it. The story is sooo good. I like the writing style as well. Sadly, the translation cant keep up with my reading speed XD

World of Cultivation : Its pretty interesting. Unlike other novel it focus on MC's party as a whole, not only at the MC. But, I kinda want to see the MC become a bit badass, like the earlier chapters. Now he seems reeeaally weak. I know he is useful in other areas but.. I want to see him in action. I dont know whether he will become strong at some point in the story.

Cultivation Chat Group : After reading the synopsis it seems interesting, but the ammount of chapters is too low. Maybe I will read it after it gets more chapter translated.

Demon Diary : I have checked this novel along with The Portal of Wonderland, which has the same author, but havent actually read it. Is it as good as RMJI?

Legend of Cultivation God : All the reviews about it being slow paced makes me want to read it more. but it is dropped.. I dont want to start reading something that maybe wont finish at all, all the more so when it has 3600+ chap in raw. Maybe after learning some chinese I will read it. But Chinese looks difficult though.

True Martial World : Read it. Its not slow paced at all :\. Well, maybe its slow when you compare it with MGA or ATG.

Spirit Blade Mountain : With only 25 chapter and no translation going, it is impossible to read. And I cant read Manhua. its just that quality of the drawing is not good. When I read Xian Ni manhua it ruined all my imagination.

The Dark King : Is it a cultivation novel?? Doesnt look like it. Besides it has Sci-fi tag, whisch is the least I fond of.

Killing Ground of Gods and Devil : Gaming element.... Im not particularly fond of novel with gaming systems.. LMS is an exception. And Im looking for ONLY cultivation novel.

Instant Kill : With all the good reviews and slow-paced complaints, I will check this out later.

My Ranch/Release that Witch/Tales of Reincarnated Lord/Reincarnator : I thought I already said that Im
    looking for cultivation novel. Already read Release that Witch though, its good. But I dont like the MC. It feels like he doesnt have any personalities at all, he is only there to progress the plot.

When I said Im looking for slow-paced novel it doesnt mean a novel with no plot or turtle speed plot progression. Its just that I dont wish to see the MC brush away all the difficulties in cultivation with just fortuious encounter or talent. If cant do it then dont do it. Like in RMJI, when the MC first entered cultivation world, there's a gathering where all young cultivators go and spar. I thougt "Ah, maybe he will get a fortuious encounter or sudden insight, and crashed the gathering. Like the usual ", but he didnt go there at all, because he knew he cant do it.

MdmeR likes this.
  11. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It took the MC around 1 year to go from no cultivation to max level???????

MdmeR likes this.
  12. MdmeR

MdmeR Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I wish I had grown up from the backward novels that are prevalent these days