Picked Up Fate Annals of the Flame Kingdom (フレイム王国興亡記)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by evlbb2, Mar 1, 2017.

1. evlbb2

evlbb2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For the time being, picked up by Daikyun

Ok. Well I'm going to consider this 3 months.Last updates were Dec 2016 and Oct 2016. The last two translators pretty much immediately disappeared after picking it up and translated only up to ch 3 and it really wasn't as high quality of a translation as I had hoped. I feel like quality and accuracy are especially important for LNs with a focus in non-action, aka thinking and plans and economics. I hope whomever picks it up does better. I would also really appreciate it if whomever picks it up just starts over from Ch 1 since not much has been done anyways.

(Y'all can shut up about Annals ok it's the official name)

Below is a mostly copy and pasted version of my first request post, with updated NU links. Didnt update the info about how many existing chapters and whatnot.

Name: Fate Annals of the Flame Kingdom (フレイム王国興亡記)
    Raw Link: Ncode link here
    NU Link (if avaliable):
    Two attempts, they made 2 NU versions for some reason. Here and Here
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Best I can make out, it's a good story about a summoned hero dealing with economics. We could ALWAYS use more economics and smart heroes right? I think the hero used to work at Lehman Brothers before he got summoned? Also currently there are 1067 Chapters on Ncode. Looks like it's updated roughly weekly? Latest update as of posting is 08/28/2016 (Pretty sure this is the web novel version of the LN found HERE which is on volume 5.) Honestly I'd give translating a shot if I was good enough, but once it gets technical, I know I can't do it. My native is chinese and english anyways, not jap.

Description (if you can find one): My best guess at what the ncode summary says: I bought a cup of coffee while commuting, and it became a trip to a different world before I noticed. "Well... I, bravery aside, I'm not good at anything." The hero Matsushiro Kota who was a office worker at Lehman traveled to a medieval Europe like world. The demon king and the hateful evil empire wasn't there. In such a peaceful continent, in the Orukena Continent, magic was creeping into Kota's hands. So, deficit government funds! The crashing stock price, the storm of debt and default that ocurs along with the currency collapse, the failure of derivatives, conservative mainstream of the senate, elderly statesmen who by cunning harassment further the famine and war. An enemy devil more formidable, stand up with wisdom and courage, Kota! (I'm not sure if I'm translating that wrong. I dont know that a medieval world would have stock markets? That europe line was pretty iffy in MTL.)

Description (NU)
    Our Hero “Matsushiro Kota” is an ordinary salaryman brought to a world which was similar to earth at the medieval European period! . This world did not have empires that propagated evil ,and aimed to destroy humanity ,it was not a story about something which disturbs the laws of universe. But it was about a peaceful place in the “Orukena continent ” which had a problem bigger than anything else …… ..deficit government bonds! Trashed economy!!!

Crashing stock prices,the storm of debt defaulters that occurs along with the currency collapse, the failure of derivatives, conservative mainstream of the Senate, elder statesman who by cunning harassment further the famine and war. it’s the time where a sword cannot help solve problems but for the inherent wisdom and courage to rise above all

You are now witnessing history in making.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    DCLXVII likes this.
  2. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't this be hard to translate without a fundamental understanding of economic theory?

3. evlbb2

evlbb2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mayhaps? I have no idea how in depth it will go. I mean, Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki/Realist Hero refers a lot of various things as well as The Prince. That translator seems to be doing fairly well. But again, I would recommend someone who knows japanese instead of machine TL.

4. SeekerFate

SeekerFate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in regards to the 2 novel update pages, the web novel version and the light novel version will almost always get their own exclusive page on novel updates which is why there are two pages for this story (with one group that tried to tl the web novel and the other group tried the light novel). Well, I do hope this one gets picked up eventually, although yeah it sounds like it could be a pain to translate.

5. evlbb2

evlbb2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm fairly sure they're both using the ncode that I linked. At there was a time when they talked in the comments and seem to agree they were using the same source. Well, not that it matters really.

6. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought there was some weird lizard thing on the cover of the first volume, and now I can't unsee.

. 9784906866762_LL.jpg

7. BauerIvan

BauerIvan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. evlbb2

evlbb2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well. Hope this picks up some attention over a weekend or two.

9. erl

erl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It got loli in it...
    hehehe

10. digital_cielo

digital_cielo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Daikyun is interested though we wont make any promises because Economics is a hard topic to get into if you have no previous experience. We'll try posting a trial chapter and see how it works out.

P.S. loli is justice

11. evlbb2

evlbb2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool, thanks for taking a look at it. Let us know what you decide.

I get that economics is pretty specific in terms of terminology and concepts so it would be hard to translate. Maybe you guys should also take a look at a few random chapters from the middle and see how it looks later on?

12. evlbb2

evlbb2 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, we're off the first page. If nobody picks it up maybe I'll just try again in 3-6 months.