LCD +a no Tachiichi (+alpha no Tachiichi)

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by FlowingSong, Nov 15, 2015.

1. FlowingSong

FlowingSong Otome Isekai Reader and Trash ML Hater

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! please come and discuss this shoujo manga with us!

Okay so first of all I'll be honest, I made this thread to discuss and RANT about this manga. Don't get me wrong I like it, but it's so infuriating like 100% percent of the time for this girl, FS. And I think that's what's amazing about it cause you know the author is doing a good job when you start feeling for the protagonist and you start relating to her at some points.

Anyway, this shoujo manga is one of those stories that's in the hype right now: transported to another world story only the MFC (Main Female Character) is NOT who is supposed to have been transported!

If you read the synopsis for this manga you should know that physically the heroine isn't attractive and fits more in the background than she will as the main character and she knows all this, in other words our heroine, Satoki Houma, is like every average girl out there who just wants to read shoujo mangas and play otome games and probably imagines she could be noticed by sempai even though she's not pretty enough to be noticeable at first glance. She depreciates herself and that's what I also like about her, she knows what she is and accepts it and deals with how unfair the world is for the physically less fortunate, but alas, as fate would have it she gets transported with this cute classmate, Haruka Toudou, and immediately everyone fawns on the cute girl leaving the heroine as the extra.

Haruka is assumed to be something like Miaka from fushigi yuugi, she's supposed to have powers that can save this magical world. However, as another plot twist, It's not Haruka who was the said powers but the plain heroine and she decides to go with the flow and make a priestess out of the useless cute girl.

Yes I'm bitter and salty and I actually cried for Satoki. After chapter reading chapter 6 the whole thing just feels so unfair. At first I thought Satoki would drag the I-don't-really-care-if-I'm-not-the-heroine-as-long-as-I-can-be-of-use attitude but ch 5 showed she actually somehow wants to be treated properly too. Everyone treats her like she's some sort of disposable plate when in reality, if she decides not to help they're all screwed. But again the heroine accepts the fact that Haruka would have been better as the priestess than her so she hides in her shadow to do the job the useless Haruka can't do. Anyway that's my opinion XD

AkeShiro and Lachiel like this.
  2. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we talk about Horimiya instead? *-*

AkeShiro likes this.
  3. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    make a thread? xD i haven't read horimiya for a while now but fill me in?

Lachiel and Saitama like this.
  4. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I took a quick look on MU and found out that I won't be reading this.

The only thing that got my attention is :

Is this comment true?

5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only read up to ch.3

6. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link

eto that person and I have different views. I would first like to suggest to read it since we are all entitled to our opinions but for me personally I like the MC it's just that she has yet to realize what SHE SHOULD DO FOR HERSELF. Anyway give the whole setting a look, what if you got transported to another world and right off the bat you get set aside for the better looking person? Then take her personality some consideration as well, if you read ch 1 she admits to not having anything that would stand out when compared to the cute classmate, in short she has mild inferiority complex where she deals by accepting that she fits the background and she tries to help without getting any appreciation and even gets treated like she's trash just because she doesn't look good enough. THAT DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE THE FACT THAT ALL THE BISHIES ARE GOING TO THE CUTE GIRL WHEN THAT @$#@#%%^@$@#$ DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ANY #@$%#$%#$ POWERS! AND EVERYONE TREATS THE ONE WHO SAVES THEM IN THE BACKGROUND LIKE SHE'S NOT WORTH A SINGLE PENNY AND THAT SINGLE PENNY WOULD BE A WASTE TO SOMEONE LIKE HER!

ahahaha anyway I suggest reading, it's pretty irritating at first but for me I look forward to seeing IF the heroine would become something more.

Lachiel likes this.
  7. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    how did you find it?

Lachiel likes this.
  8. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    So she's hiding her powers?

9. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    about a month ago through the random button

10. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    Im sorry im spoiling you and yes she is since she thinks she wouldn't be accepted as the heroine, she'll be killed because she'll be accused of taking the powers from the cute girl which is basically not even her fault since she didn't even want to get transported there.

Lachiel likes this.
  11. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    xD it's irritating right? or is it just me ... who's salty and bitter and is gnashing her teeth right now at how everyone is treating the heroine

Lachiel likes this.
  12. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    well, the people in that world consider looks above all else and why can't they realize that the MC could just abandon them and join the enemy with the way they are treating her

13. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... Not my cup of tea.

FlowingSong likes this.
  14. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    IKR! I just want her to freakin leave them! Be the enemy!

Lachiel and canaria23 like this.
  15. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    *winks* saves you the angst!

Lachiel likes this.
  16. Animester

Animester Silent whisper

Reading List:
    Link
    ummm should i read??but i usually dont read a story which has female protagonist...but some of them are okay

canaria23 likes this.
  17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    and the the so called maiden is like a whore, why does she always comply just because bishies approaches her?

18. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    coffee-mate! *serves coffee for coffee-mate* etoo give it a try? im only salty because of the recent chapters! anyway im hoping for the best once it gets a bit more on the story!

Lachiel likes this.
  19. Evilnemesis7

Reading List:
    Link
    Unlike most guys I've read a sizable amount of Shoujo. I'm an expert in shoujo walls, shoujo stairs, shoujo balls and so on. But, because I am older I can't deal with cookie cutter shoujo at all it's soooo infuriating.

And what I CANNOT deal with is shoujo where the insecurities and inaction of the MC drives the plot. I've always been confident and so I just can't deal with self defeating people like that. So that blocks me lf like... 95% of them?

This manga also has a combo going on for it. I also tend to stay clear of any sort of warring shoujo because it always feel like the girl(s) in that type of story run around with a dress and waves their sword for two seconds and suddenly the war is done, the coup d'état has been resolved, etc... That's not how conflict and politics work!

canaria23 likes this.
  20. FlowingSong

Reading List:
    Link
    that's definitely how it's going right now. The #$%@# maiden is useless and her only redeeming quality is that she's beautiful. I'm only hoping that the true MC would gain confidence or do something so she wouldn't be the shadow anymore.

*clap clap* she doesn't do anything other than enjoy their company ...while the true heroine is detested for being around her

Lachiel and canaria23 like this.