have you ever compare or reason or rate the harem genre in the series?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by imacutemotherfucker, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    you know i see a lot review. whenever there is a harem genre in the novel. certain people just deduct the mark of the novel cause of it. because they dont like harem. yeah it is not realistic. but that is quite unreasonable. that is like me. if i dont like mystery of the story just because to me it is not interesting. but i like the romance , comedy in it. but i still have review of its genre.

i usually critic the harem genre when it come to the romances delevopement AKA ( courting) , girls personality - background and design. give benefit to the story. when i meant benefit to the story. actual benefit. not just fanservice.

Poor_Hero, makenai89, false and 2 others like this.
  2. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually try to avoid giving something like 1 star for a story for small reasons like just a single tag. Like this case some people vote 1 cause they hate harem. There is still a story behind it not just that one tag. Like how people down vote for hentai novels or Yaoi/Yuri novels. They should at least look at the overall story before judging.
    Edit: I just realize we are in the wrong part of the forums. Hopefully mods bump us over to general novel discussion

Poor_Hero, Asf and Slimikyi like this.
  3. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    i think u make thread at wrong place

Animester likes this.
  4. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    Some like or hate this or that genre you can't avoid that, but they are wrong if they rate novel without reading them first.

P.S: you make the thread at wrong place.

5. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry this is my first time. it is quite confusing.

6. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realize a good novel example. ATG he rapes to save a life, is arrogant, cliche as hell novel, Can pwn people 20 levels above him like its the thing to do but it still at least deserves 2-3 stars alone for the action, curb stomping fights they have in the novel. Reaction chapters tend to drag on a bit in the novel iirc though.

imacutemotherfucker likes this.
  7. Slimikyi

Slimikyi ^____^

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't rate or review poorly due to a certain genre or theme. I rate and review poorly if I feel that it was horribly done, or I felt issues with its or I really don't like it. A rating and a review are just a way to express my opinions and views.

For instance, a harem in some novels simply made the girls jump towards the guy. There is no substance, no subplot, no personality, no nothing but a harem member, a sex scene or a mention of it, possibly saving the girl or something like that. This is, of course, an extreme example but this is what I mean. I won't rate it poorly because there is a harem. I will rate it poorly because it is poorly written.

Btw, fan service can be well written.

Poor_Hero, moto and Asf like this.
  8. NeaxD

NeaxD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh its fine the mods will move it without a fuss usually so its good.

9. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    that is one of the novel. i truly respect of it genre because the girls actually dont fall in loved easily. it take time, effort. which actaul romance delevopement and interaction.

10. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree. there is no deep massage when it come to harem. it all about make girls falled in love with the mc. well that depend of the series.i quited annoyed when the girls just falled in loved with mc so easily. i would disagree when harem member has no subplot or personality. i quite remember when i read ATG. that jasmine and xia qinyue has purposes to their existence. because they have something in their character in story. that is subplot

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  11. Unadon

Unadon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well....reviews are bad nowadays. Some even review a novel based on translator speed or English. Not the novel itself. Just try to ignore reviews like that and read maybe some detailed good review and you are good.

So many ppl also just click the 1 star just because they saw a tag they didn't like, like you said.

Poor_Hero and Slimikyi like this.
  12. Detrolord

Detrolord Regular Pervert Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No I always think I'm the MC of the series

NinetH likes this.
  13. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I found it funny if a guy with 3* oppinion rate a novel 1* because it is rated 4* and he want that rate down with downvoting. Lol

14. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moved, but please submit it at the correct place next time. I'll add explanation about each sub-forum later when I got home.

I rate novel based on its harem sometimes, especially when the novel is romance focused. It's part of the novel after all.

15. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    yes. i am quite sorry for that

16. Argent-XII

Argent-XII [Demon King Archos] [Hero of Zarial]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t rate if I didn’t read it or wont read it.As Simple as it seems.
    I don’t hate harem, but when you always read or watch something that the girls fall for the MC without a proper reason you hate it. One off the reasons I hate it for is saving the girl from something and fall for him.Which in realty wont happen!!

Poor_Hero likes this.
  17. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree with yous statement of One off the reasons I hate it for is saving the girl from something and fall for him but rather it take times , understanding and effort to make a girl to falled in loved with the lead. that is why ATG does it really well with romantic delovopment with the harem.

Argent-XII likes this.
  18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem as a genre is fine. It's when a harem is thrown together with no thoughts of how, when, and how many that it becomes cringe-worthy. You can't just throw a bunch of girls at the protagonist and hope it works. There must be a story behind why the girls would throw themselves at the protagonist. There must be a proper plot, a proper reasoning and a proper justification for the harem. Women aren't just mindless dolls who'd jump into the arms of the first man who treat them well (or rape them until they break).

I mean, you don't put everything in at the same time when you cook curry. You don't throw in ginger, sugar, asparagus and broomstick into the curry just because it's right next to you. You have to fry the onions and garlic first. Then you add curry powder. After that, you add coconut milk and other stuff. Then you add the chicken or beef. Only after the chicken or beef is halfway cooked do you put in potatoes, carrots or other stuff. If you put everything at the same time, or put stuff in just because it's right next to you, it will taste like poop.

Therefore, I avoid novels with the word 'harem' as part of its title. The experience with Slave Harem In the Labyrinth of Another World and some others is enough. When your novel's only selling point is the roughly put together harem, you know your novel is NG. Additionally, I don't rate anything that I don't read, harem or not.

Poor_Hero, NeaxD, NinetH and 2 others like this.
  19. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean ATG? If so, i agree but i only really see the interactions between him and the harem members after they already fall in love with him. Lets break it down a bit. Little Aunt already loved him at the beginning and we see how much they care for each other but not the backstory to it. How did she fall in love with him? Why? It was never told how that romance really started to grow. We know she had those feeling for awhile but i want to see where it started and such. Then there is Su Ling'er. I accept that since we know a bit about their history now. Those two are perfect together really. I think she and Little Fairy are my favorites. Then there is Xia Qingyue. There was never much romantic development there. The only worthwhile thing i remember was how he saved her when they were in the mouth of that Tyrant level beast.

Sure, they had shared the same room together for a few days and had some interaction but i dont think that alone was really enough. Oh, wait, im forgetting how he gave her some of those acupunture treatments and therefore opened all her profound gates. That. . . that was seriously a bribe. He even said to himself that he did that so she would accept his request to look for the materials he needed to fix is crippled profound veins since she was going to be a disciple of Frozen Asgard, one of the powerful sects. But, okay, i admit that their interations, though short and few, could make a bit of romance blossom between them.

Which brings me to Cang Yue, the blue moon princess. The time they spent together traveling was glossed over. We get a few scenes of them sharing the same bed over and over somehow, and i admit those intimate moments are important to the romantic developement but it could have been slowed down and done better. They apparently went through a lot together but only the part with the bandits when yun che was in the Phoenix trial grounds was ever really described.

Then comes Little Fairy, wwhose romance was again glossed over. I understand that she pretty much fell for him after the love and care he showed as he protected her inside that hell-like place when she was just about dead. . . but that took months. And those months were not really mentioned. But again i do understand why she would fall for him. Not many would go so far as he did for her.

So i would really like to see some more of those times for Cang Yue, Little Aunt and Little Fairy. I want it to be more explored, the interactions they had during the times they were together. Xia Qingyue. . . Well, i dont think much happened there so it still have timeto develope.

Stormingtiger101 likes this.
  20. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    that is reasoable. that girls should not flock over the mc without any proper requirement. yes series like slave harem. it is bad of it genre. girls
    should falled through proper plot, a proper reasoning and a proper justification. instead of some kind echament charm or having a huge dick until to breaking point. which is really tasteless. there is no effort in it. that make it no note worthy

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.