Discussion Nintendo 3ds or Android?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Sunrise, Mar 12, 2017.

?

3ds or Android

1. 3ds

2. Android

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. hirza

hirza Mochi Mochi Neko Pan

Reading List:
    Link
    Buy new phone and instal ppsspp. Done

2. Sunrise

Sunrise Your ordinary passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I done with my old phone but I am really tempted to play New Monster Hunter games in 3ds.

3. Cyrot7

Cyrot7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I literally just bought a N3DS just to play POKEMON games. I haven't played since pokemon platinum. Anyways, if you mainly use your phone for games, why not get a dedicated game console?.

4. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep i know.. but I doubt many top title would stick with it.. and do you know that 3ds have an amazing playable emulator ? It's called citra..
    Look mate it's not like I want to argue between Vita & 3Ds.. both of them basically console with different genre.. I'm saying 3Ds already have a succesor.. and.. yeah.. pc master race won't bother to buy it..

5. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    wont your phone heat up like crazy and battery draining like toilet flushing shit

Sunrise likes this.
  6. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    i vote for what @NoTofu said. . . food!!
    and as yoy eat try to learn the recipe!
    as you learn the recipe you can cook!
    as become good with cooking. . .
    you can not only have money, even women yo paly with . .

7. michealsho

michealsho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is your budget?

Why not get both?

8. madpinger

madpinger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way the market is going, 3DS is going to be obs soon, aka less 3rd party games released and the like. I think the Switch is also going to phase it out as well, far as a game platform that actually gets releases.

The utility of the Android is far better and practical, not to mention the battery life tends to be a LOT better.
    Nentendo, Capcom, EA, etc etc are all moving to release more and more on the android as well, the only downside to android gaming is the 'fremium' nonsense of micro, but you can avoid that for the most part by paying attention and supporting titles that don't nickle and dim you with your wallet.

Just take a poke at Humblebundle's android games listing for example as well, aside from all the emulators and the like you already know about.

In short, 3DS is a bad investment imo.

9. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, why not both?
    get an android phone on contract with your provider, if you have that option, or get a simple phone

then get a 2nd hand 3ds to tide you over until the switch is more accessible, price wise, and has more games other than just LoZ BotW

10. Faust

Faust NUF Silent Ninham

Reading List:
    Link
    why not both ??

11. Sunrise

Reading List:
    Link
    I still have my low end Android phone for my basic need like browsing, chatting, and play some simple games. But it can't play high end games or heavy emulator like PPSSPP.

So I think I need to choose from high end Android games or 3ds games. And I think I can play mid end Android games if I overclock my phone.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  12. Linbe

Linbe New member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw that you are a gamer then you dun even have to ask this question....3ds without a doubt for gaming.

13. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    ah, that's fair enough....but you get emulators like that for the PC as well, and imo PPSSPP works better on a computer than android anyway, i only left my GBA emulator on the android.

also, it depends on what games you are going for -- if you have more games you like playing on the emulators and the android, go for that. i prefer reading to playing on my android, so mine's all specced out for that -- and i bought a 3DS a year and a bit ago to play Pokemon, LoZ and MonHunt, and that's all i use it for -- none of which are really that great on emulators, as i'm a bit of a dedicated fanboy for those series.

so tl:dr -- depends n what you wanna play, and what platform has more of those games.

Sunrise likes this.
  14. Sunrise

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, I actually already decided to buy 3ds but I just need little more assurance so I don't regret this decision.

Linbe likes this.
  15. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Since Android Phones gone obsolete faster than Hot Potato, then I guess 3DS might be a better choice. There's probably still about 4-5 years more before Nintendo crank out a new stuff.

Sunrise likes this.
  16. michealsho

Reading List:
    Link
    If you hack the 3DS you can get free games :p

17. GravityKatt

GravityKatt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you do go the 3ds route be minddful of which one you buy, the old gen 3ds which has the game card insert at the back, and the new gen 3ds which has the gamecard insert at the front(plus built in nfc reader for amiibos), games that are coming out 3rd quarter of 2k17 and later are moving towards new gen 3ds(like fire emblem warriors) to be coupled with the switch, where as the old gen 3ds is paired with the wii u, and tbh of youre going with old gen 3ds its actually most cost efficient to get the 2ds, and not be in the hole for a new(er) model phone.

18. michealsho

Reading List:
    Link
    The new 3DS XL's microsd card slot sucks. I need to unscrew the backplate to get access to it. Really annoying.

19. gwendaal

gwendaal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As he said new 3ds or 2ds since its cheaper, Android phone for games are cool but you know post phones come with non removable battery so avoir high draining apps like hardcore phones games if you can the phone will last longer. GBA was also a GameCube contrôler for some games so its not new.

20. TooLazyToThink

TooLazyToThink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend GPD Win. It can play skyrim