Discussion Demon wangs golden fei guili

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by tstobe, Mar 14, 2017.

1. tstobe

tstobe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who feels sad that she died? She may have been over the top but she seemed so much more fun then most of the other women in the story

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree

3. Rice1321

Rice1321 Daoist Curious Fall

Reading List:
    Link
    Same... shes definitely not the best of characters. But she's a hell of a lot better than MXL and MQL. She could have been a great friend to MQQ.

4. SilverCrow63

SilverCrow63 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda felt that she should suffer more. After all she would brutally kill the men that don't fall for her. Meaning if they were already in love or faithful to their lover she would kill them out of jealousy. Judging from her personality she would probably say something like "Who told you to be unable to differentiate the good from the bad. For this lady to favor you is already your good fortune. How dare you reject me?" while torturing them before killing them.

I don't think she would see any method as beneath her. She would probably even frame someone as committing adultery or use drugs if it means she could get closer to her target.

Plus the MC's Wangye isn't the first person she has tried this with. Rather than loving the Wangye it is more of an obsession with what she can not get.
    She liked men and her methods were very vicious. She had been given the nickname ‘witch Guli’. Whichever man she took a fancy to, she would use all methods to get him. If she couldn’t get him, she’d kill him in a cruel manner.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    arashi-chan12 and tstobe like this.
  5. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hah... I clicked this from the front page thinking it was talking about a literal demon wang with some weird chinese thing called a "Golden fei guili" and I left disappointed.

6. tstobe

tstobe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is true. I think the main reason I liked her was because she didn't conform to the typical woman sterotype of that era

SilverCrow63 likes this.
  7. SilverCrow63

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you would like Su Mei who appears later on.

8. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Su Mei? One of the mc's maids?

9. SilverCrow63

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep she gets more development later on

tstobe likes this.
  10. Liri

Liri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, I think it was sad but on the other hand, I also think that it was a great ending for her.

I think that by killing Guili, the MC was also showing her respect to her. There was no other way because they signed a contract and it would have been dishonourable to break their words. In the end, both women were true to themselves, Guili had that ending because she lived her life 'collecting' handsome men and the MC is the kind of woman who doesn't share and punishes those who get in her way.

If the MC spared her, it meant that she pitied her but by taking her lives, they both kept their word. They were equals in that sense and I think all of this together is more than just what could have been a great friendship. In a way, they were already connected because in the end, shortly before she dies, they acknowledge each other and that is a lot already.

Shem likes this.
  11. ...vegan

...vegan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have not read it in a while, but there is another person called Taiji Guli are they the same person?