Discussion Fanfictions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Yukihito, Mar 15, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do you read Fanfictions?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. Definitely Not

15 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Sometimes

24 vote(s)
    38.7%
  1. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nothing is ever "in" or "out" of trend. but i have seriously not seen many of those, where are you looking that you see enough of those that it makes you sick of it?

2. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    The granddaddy of them all: http://www.eyrie.net/UF/

I'm sure people are sick of the 'Mary Sue' type fanfics, but these guys were the first ones to make a coherent multiverse that was popular around the fledgling internet (they started out on ftp servers, that's how ancient these guys are). I would even dare say that they inspired a lot of Mary Sue anime fanfics later on. Today they have a fandom of their own and the multiverse has grown ridiculously large. Anime from Dirty Pair to Utena crossed over with Star Trek, Star Wars to Transformers and CSI... it's all there.

3. Deathsson

Deathsson [A bored reader][Back for More]

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly it depends on the topic
    I read a synopsis which made me extremely mad
    Naruto(the guy) transfers to the world of Highschool DxD and steals all isseis waifus
    I was extremely mad because Issei is awesome and you never steal his chicks otherwise I will cry

4. Yukihito

Yukihito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will check it out! Though, can you recommend a good fic to start on? And a bit confused-
    Hmmm. Some people do have bottom lines so thats usual~ Personally, I don't read stories with yuri or harems. I just don't

5. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Start with the core volumes: http://www.eyrie.net/UF/CORE/

Everything else on the previous page is 'in between' and 'afterwards' and 'several dozen/hundred years later'.

Be warned: these stories are old, they are full of 80s and 90s pop culture references.

6. Deathsson

Deathsson [A bored reader][Back for More]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah everyone has different prefrences

7. Yukihito

Yukihito Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will try it out but I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea .-. And I probably won't get those references-

8. rdawv

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright. It is full of zany, nerdy college humour early on, but the derivative works are quite matured and serious.

9. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone noticed that every decent fanfic has bitchy MC's? Decent meaning not focused on power ups but more drama eh. It's good that we get to know the characters and their thinking but cmon mostly it's just blabla blabla. Examples :
    This Bites, while it's the best fanfic I've read recently, MC escpecially early on is annoying, he acts like he's the captain and steals crew's important moments for no reason other that he can't shut up.
    The Sealed Kunai : completed wow, author admited himself that early chaps are ugh, not bad but you just get annoyed at how much Naruto complains about his skills being sealed and later on he still talks way too much even for Naruto, and he's not too much of a likeable character
    Team 8 : Psychological Naruto fanfic, very interesting at start but it gets too much later and it's dropped which sucks
    Dreaming of Sunshine : Just too much blabla
    Shinobi RPG : too much blabla XD

Don't get me wrong, all of these are great but they do share this flaw.
    Btw what's with One Piece fanfics, they all bloody fking start the same in East Blue mostly following the original and hardly changing anything, first one was fine but second and third are like plagiarates.

10. TSLives

TSLives Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doujinshi hen---.
    Yeah, I do.

11. yuusiren

yuusiren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. I recall finding them on AO3 a lot when I was finding things to read, maybe it was just the fandom that I was reading then.

12. starburst98

starburst98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it was just AO3, they have a LOT more "trans-inclusive" authors and stuff. fanfiction.net is a lot more balanced in that regard.