LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm if i remember right the reason that the female warlock are much stronger than male warlocks is because they are ancestor(mother of thousand snakes) is also a female and a female warlock can also absorb a bit male warlock's bloodline when they have sex

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not buying it. Spying is supposed to be explicitly stopped by the contract.
    Having no proof is not the same as being unable to leak the info. He didn't destroy all of them, he destroyed a few that were on him
    The female morning star magus in question is suffering from emotional instability and will probably want to kill him. Also, she is part of an opposing faction within oroberous clan. still part of the same clan, but not ideal partner.

furthermore, he cannot partner with a morning star, he can only let them do all the work and hope they give him a few minor benefits. Remember how he had to give up "all" his loot to his own mentor when he saved them from demon hunter cyril? If he partners with a morning star to blackmail someone, that morning star partner is getting 99% of the loot and leylin is getting 1%.

Also, blackmailing that clan is a bad idea, they will likely get desperate and cut a deal with a rank 5 magus to have the rank 5 exterminate the oroborous clan out of desperation. Or maybe hire a bunch of rank 4s to gang up on them.

Rethinking things, it probably really is in leylin's best interest to wait until he reaches rank 4 and then crush this clan and steal everything. In fact, by letting them continue to operate he allows them to continue to accumulate rare goods for him to steal when the time comes to crush them

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Viola likes this.
  3. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    no, he quotes nature, where a decent number of the time it's the females which are dominant -- snakes, in particular, have females generally being longer / bigger than the males, iirc

4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly we cannot tell which it is without an AI chip and doing a study on the ouroboros clan's blood.

Although they are rather related if you think about it. The reason the snakes are ruled by a female is because the female snake in question is the strongest snake.

5. Xravia

Xravia 『Chaos Wizard Of Procrastination 』

Reading List:
    Link
    They can connect the dots once they have the knowledge of the
    He is experimenting with dragon blood, so maybe his 4th evolution will entail elements from the meditation techniques of the Twilight zone. The sun child's legacy may also be a catalyst to aquire a flame to use as a dragon breath(black flame). I am imagining him becoming a black dragon embodiment and becoming the so called snake that turned into a dragon.

6. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crystal Phase ready for launch =D

mrttao likes this.
  7. Tortex

Tortex [Lazy Tortoise that Dreams to be a Dragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, right? I was expecting some more time needed but it seems that that 300 spirit power is enough. Not that I'm complaining, let the countdown begin :D

8. Wytchlord

Wytchlord I like strawberries ~

Reading List:
    Link
    I highly doubt that
    He is of the snake bloodline so to cast of the bloodline shackles he needs a higher ranked snake bloodline or fingerbone in his case to help his own bloodline to mutate. I guess he will turn into a completly new snake species in the end that will even eclipse the snake dowager

9. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, leylin says that it's not enough. The reason he can charge through to crystal phase is that after 100 years of not using potions to raise his spirit power, his body's resistance to them has vastly decreased so he can use them again to increase his power quickly.

10. Tortex

Reading List:
    Link
    I've seen that, but wasn't he planing to exploit that for a potion he got from vance to advance? (ha, vance, advance, get it?) I was also thinking at that time that he'll use the spirit power potions again, but he wanted to do something else. So, I understood that his resistance was to most potions, not just spirit power ones.

Edit: Wrong, I'm wrong. On the internet even, such an impossibility.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  11. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yes. It's resistance to potions in general, but to power spirit raising one in specific, since those are the ones he abused enough for his body to buld a resistance to. Also, did he get some potion from vance? I though what he got from him, aside from generalities like money were the crystal jellyfish and the formation he bought at the auction. and those raise the probability to get to the crystal phase, not spirit power, at least as far as I understood it though.

12. Tortex

Reading List:
    Link
    I've rechecked the chapter in question (463) and you're right, "As long as he used this potion once more". I stand corrected good sir :)

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while rereading I came across the scene where in the twilight zone there was a danger zone called weeping ghost ground, where MC met this really powerful spirit and was forced to pay it a very rare spiritual resource.

I am surprised MC didn't come back for it (since spirits are themselves a valuable resource) when he became rank 3.

I wonder if he ever will return to that zone and that spirit in the future? (I am assuming he will eventually link his oroborous domain to southern coast and the twilight zone and conquer both?)

14. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    leylin used his AI to scan at an incredibly smal level to analyse and make his bloodline out of a giant kemoyin, other maguses, even morning star ones, can't analyse matter, and depend on their perception.

while yes, they can see at the same level, they can't know what is what, while the AI-chip has a perfect database and knowledge of basic elements, how blood works, dna-strands...

they're basically incredible scientists who have to work with sticks and rocks.

it's like watching a painting from close-by, you know it's paint, you know the color, but do you know the exact kind of paint, which other paints were mixed with it, how old it is... no, you'd have to test step by step. leylin can just scan it and poof, he's done

15. lucifer21

lucifer21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leylin estimated that spirit is at least mornin star creature so he didn't go after it after he became rank 3 magus. He intends to go there after becoming morning star magus for the icy world too

Agame and mrttao like this.
  16. Xravia

Xravia 『Chaos Wizard Of Procrastination 』

Reading List:
    Link
    War is on the horizon, In the last war he was in he had no allegiances to one side or another and profited by eliminating the leadership and profiting from the situation, now he has to ensure the clan does not fall and increase the clout of the clan within the central continent. The rank 4 magi are forbidden from using their ultimate spells meaning that it might be that rank 3 magi will be the major power this time, setting up the stage for leylins branded swordsmen to finally come into power XD do you guys think it's a external threat to central or an external threat? I'm imagining a civil war theme or a 3 kingdoms theme. (Battle of 5 armies hahaha)

17. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Since the Author deigned to mention that the Oakheart Clan may want the Crown for their war preparations I'm sure Leylin is somehow going to be drawn into this conflict. I would venture to guess that its the conflict that sends him into the Morning Star rank.
    As far as the war goes it will probably be an internal one between different small groups of power. The Ouroborus clan may or may not be involved in the power dispute, id guess not since even rank 5 Magi don't like to mess with the Ouroborus Clan since their 3 leaders are strong enough to fight them off. Leylin will be drawn in by some alluring benefits as he usually is.
    As for an external war i think it is too early to be fighting forces from other worlds yet. Leylin is just too weak imo to get any benefits from fighting a coterie of Rank 4 Magus' and higher from other worlds. That'll probably come about when he is Rank 4 and well on his way to Rank 5.

mrttao likes this.
  18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. leylin stated before, you cannot perform a bloodline transplant on a warlock, a bloodline transplant only works on an unaugmented human. So those warlock descendents with weak bloodlines cannot be fixed that way

2. There are other simpler ways to fix their bloodlines. For example, freya used a bloodline item she bought form leylin to repair her family's bloodline degredation. And leylin has stated before that cultivating the kemoyin pupil serves to purify his bloodline as he advances in ranks.

3. Where are they going to find giant kemoyin serpents to extract bloodline from?

19. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    Took a break now read from 367-466
    For chap buildup

Goddam Leylin don't play!!

[​IMG]

josh_15 likes this.
  20. kuppy123

kuppy123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically Leylin, and possibly Leylin alone, can switch bloodlines but that would involve him starting in the new bloodline from scratch and going back down to level 1. I don't know if other warlocks can do this but Leylin can with the AI chip's help. But no one would want to do this since it means starting over from scratch.