LCD Martial God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by J-Mitch, Jul 22, 2016.

1. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion about the Novel, Martial God.

Written by: Cang Tian Bai He
    Translated by: weletranslations

[​IMG]

Synopsis:

What is a genius? Capable of comprehending any battle skill regardless of the skill itself and sweeping away the bottlenecks while cultivating a new technique; this is a true genius! He Yiming was originally an ordinary youngster in He family estate with not too extraordinary aptitude in learning martial arts. However, after a fortuitous encounter, this ordinary youngster became what people refer to as genius in a single leap. Possessing an aptitude for learning martial arts which could leave people in awe, regardless of whether it’s his clan’s Houtian Scripture of Five Phases or various Xiantian scriptures of legends, regardless of whether it’s mental techniques or battle skills, he can comprehend it all in its entirety at a frightening speed. Martial God, with martial as name, using the most simple and direct approach, thrives!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. J-Mitch

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, but this novel sure brings a roiling, heart thumping punch to a used up Xianxia theme. I mean, the concept is so often seen that it shocked me. But what got me hooked was whoever wrote that synopsis. I mean, wow. Just, wow. I want to read it now. lol. *Starts reading*

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    DarkBliss likes this.
  3. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial God Asura
    Martial Space God
    and now Martial God.
    Would read but chapter count is too low atm.

4. J-Mitch

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the same sometimes about many novels. The worst thing is to start reading and have to stop because there is no more to read.

@Parth37955 or @Shio ..... Index this?

5. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nani?

6. J-Mitch

Reading List:
    Link
    ?? Don't you index LCD's? So that they connect to the main updates. I am the first for discussing this novel.

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah. ok.

J-Mitch likes this.
  8. Bloodpoison

Bloodpoison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol why does it show under wensday its tuesday still.

9. hanihasrey

hanihasrey Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can anyone share the raw site aside from qidian?
    thank you

10. monkey magic

monkey magic Born from an egg on a mountain top

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish the author would share the MC's reasoning for some stuff, like why he chose a wood technique intentionally last time (there was no reasoning he just did it) or why he never tried cultivating all 5 kinds when he could have done it in a day. Why hasn't he just learnt a whole heap of supplementary skills and battle skills? There is nothing stopping him he just hasn't done it for some reason.

In the latest chapter (70) he has made the inexplicable decision that he won't cultivate an earth type until he gets a good one when it has been said before he could just cultivate a new one when he gets it. (I just binge read up to here so all this stuff that might have been fine if it had taken a longer time is much more obvious)

11. Vocah

Vocah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reread chapter 62, it should answer your questions.
    Short version: He chose Wood because it would be the next in the Five Phases, he still misses Earth but he wants a quality technique.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. monkey magic

Reading List:
    Link
    Answered zero of them

And I meant when he intentionally took a random wood supplementary technique, remember he had one already.
    And that still doesn't change the fact it has already been said he can change to a new method when he gets one

13. Vocah

Vocah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only technique he intentionally chose was the Withered Tree one, the supplementary ones he let fate decide (grabbing randomly and that's that).
    So what if he can change it afterwards? Why would he grab a mediocre one when he himself WANTS a good quality one?
    His standard is simply too high, that's all.

14. monkey magic

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but there's no point in having high standards and limiting himself, atleast not one explained by the author, that's my whole point. And he intentionally grabbed a random wood technique last time he grabbed a random technique (when he got the one that changes bone size) ffs.

And 62 definitely didn't explain why he hasn't bothered learning a heap of supplementary skills nor why he never tried learning new cultivation methods before his eyes moved the top of his head since he can learn them in a couple of hours. What a wasted treasure

15. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quantity isn't equal quality, just because he can doesn't mean he needs to as it may cause him harm instead of benefitting him.

16. jordanvn

jordanvn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You realize that he isn't some wise sage and is just a 15 year old kid so of course he's gonna want things his way. Also just because you can do something didn't mean you should. Learning a heap of supplementary skills wouldn't necessarily help him much but who knows

17. piratex

piratex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this series but why After v2c12 it turned to c13 instead of v2c13. Do we need to report it?

18. Rainiu

Rainiu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole thing about the him hiding his cultivation level is so lame and annoying.
    Is he waiting till his families/county or whatever is destroyed because he would reveal himself or what.

19. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    calm down he will soon mc waiting for the timing just be patient :)

20. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that his development is 'too fast' and could lead people to believe he had some kind of special technique or treasure (ok, he does) and him experiencing what a disaster a single Blood Ginseng could create, his age and not being able to protect his family, if someone tries to get to him via them, while he wants to explore the world: a more realistic and sane approach than telling everyone how strong he is.
    And his country is just a speck of dust on the world map, why should he attract strong forces?

Another point to take into consideration: wouldn't stronger Xiantian cultivators see him as a danger, considering they were all at least 80 years old (me thinks) before they reached this realm ...