LCD The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Jaiki, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Voromir

Voromir Chaotic Evil Kobold Fig 4/Rog 16/Sorc 6 (DND 3.5)

Reading List:
    Link
    Good point, maybe he knew for a fact he wouldn't survive backwards....
    any news on MOYOYO & Ryou maybe taking a break?

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long it will be until someone survives long enough to corroborate what he said about the first floor.

3. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it needs to go that way before people clue in that he said the truth.

Also, yikes.

Oh, and while I am glad people are talking for once, I think it's silly for people to even think about having an 'advantage by staying silent', given they stand so much more to gain by having people pool knowledge. After all, they aren't fighting a limited ressource, but are instead trying to maximise gains, an not talking just means they are all missing a lot of potential avenues just because they want to keep their own a secret.

4. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sharing information is what leads them to their downfall. They want to keep their own secret as they think it gives them an advantage and that their way would be the best.

At least some are using the community to help others, even if their are some trolls. Hopefully we can see if the newbies actually use this advice and confirm that it is true. Might be wishful thinking though.

Arkeus likes this.
  5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is going to be lulled into complacency if the Tutorial keeps using fixed patterns with its traps that he can memorize. So I wonder at which level the traps will start moving at random.

6. Voromir

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the first 5 levels are the intro to the tutorial so probably level 6?

7. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well even now there are places with traps with no patterns. My guess is that by level 6 there will be almost no places with traps that have patterns.

8. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But it is competitive. In other difficulties you meet other players and according to what mc heard its lawless in the beginning. Having a advantage isn't bad.

9. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably is. Mc says he regretted posting what he experienced on first floor.

10. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no competition for ressources, and you can't kill other people unless you choose to party with them.

There is no advantages by not sharing information, it just means being weaker than you would be otherwise.

barashkafromro likes this.
  11. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said resources. And elderly and little girls were attacked in early days. Currently it says that criminals can even get a death penalty from fellow players. And about parties, where does it say that? What chapter talks about the mechanics of PK?

Would like to know since I maybe forgot.

12. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We know that you can't kill anyone, hence why there is no death penalty from fellow players. What happens though is you can makes things really really hard on them.

There is no competition whatsoever beside "I want to be the strongest", and the thing is every detail you withhold makes you weaker.

13. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    It actually says death penalty. A crime like stealing or rape can go from imprisonment to death penalty, by the police force guild of players.

Chapter 16.

"Due to the tutorial’s distinct characteristics, the punishments the JaGyeongDan performed were standardised.
    With no relation to law, once an outlaw was captured, they get sent to a waiting room or a residential area for a JaGyeongDan representative to lay judgement.
    Judgement could vary from imprisonment to the death penalty."

zeus and Arkeus like this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll stick around for 2 hours and 59 minutes before using the portal, or if he'll actually go ahead and just beat it.

15. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    I am wondering that too, it should be more than just staying in the room. Or maybe just resisting the temptation to go back to the waiting room is the objective.
    Yup as no one believed it.

16. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll probably be more than that. Just posting something alone wouldn't make him regret.

It is more likely that his post scares other hardcore players. Or a bad guy used his information, killed someone with a shield or armor, to advance. That's something you regret.

17. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be something to regret.

Hmm I really want to know what happens though, might be a while before we get to see how his information on the community was received.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well obviously. Personally, I'm expecting the room's environment to rapidly alternate between hot and cold or something, maybe some toxic clouds and probably a bunch of (probably poisonous) arrows, mainly because the last boss room was heavily related to the floor it was attached to.

19. Voromir

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooo... goes from poison to paralyzed all while being frozen then baked sounds delightful.

20. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a wonderful time for his skills to level up, most likely will go something like that then. I wonder when the boss rooms will have something other than object to fight.