LCD Virtual World: Close Combat Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by asriu, Oct 5, 2016.

1. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    oh~ cuz it from butterfly blue I have high expectation for this one all it's work on NU on my list so huehehe
    so I make thread for this
    Gu Fei really remind me with Ye Xiu:LOL: a crazy mage and Fireball.....:ROFLMAO: how in the hell he make that name
    he also seem rather hmm kinda can't read there thing that can't be spoken

2. Akabane

Akabane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone else having trouble with novelsquare? No access to any of the new chapters :(
    (edit) The site is working now, yay
    on another note it reminds me of a mmo I played a long time ago and my friend made a mage and added all str stat. A swordsmen once commented she hit harder then he did, melee combat not magic lol

3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I was meant to add this to my reading list *goes to do that now*

Matsurika likes this.
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    Gu Fei really a battle maniac~ I feel he will use Ghost Blade as trainingpartner to test his kung fu on game

5. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    c1: If he really hated being a mage so much, couldn't he have just reset his character? Pretty much any game will let you do that, since games that won't, tend not to last very long.

Also, why are there no pain settings? Even if they weren't legally required (and they would be), they'd still be financially required as people don't like feeling pain and there's no way the average player could avoid it in a game like this. The only people that would play full-immersion VRMMO with pain settings maxed are masochists and people trying to prove how badass they are, and that second group would quickly turn them down upon realizing that they weren't as badass as they thought they were.

c2: Kung Fu can feed you though? You can get a job as an instructor, a bodyguard, a police officer, a soldier, a bouncer, a prize fighter or a variety of less honest professions. Kung Fu is far from useless as a career skill.

His father is a bit of an idiot. Yes, Kung Fu can be used to improve oneself, but ultimately, it is a method for beating the crap out of and/or killing your opponents. If you just want to improve yourself, go do yoga or something.

c3: I hope he doesn't completely disregard magic.

So is this a beta test then? Stuff makes a lot more sense then. Still, I hope he uses his power as a staffer to ban the bullies from the game.

The overwhelming power of cutenss is a distinct evolutionary advantage ;)

I wonder if the players can tame and keep the animals in the "leveling area"?

c4: I think most of the problems with assault and rape could be solved by not allowing players to physically touch each other without that pop-up, or some sort of "intimacy" slider that they could set for each player, which defaulted to being able to touch non-erogenous zones, but could be turned up or down to either fully prevent physical contact, or fully allow it. Add in a complaint system that with a very fast response time to deal with people trying to extort others into allowing contact using whatever underhanded methods they can come up with, and a zero tolerance, insta-ban policy towards sexual assault, and you'd be golden. That is, assuming everything gets recorded.

c5: I would think Firebolt or other, single target spells would be more normal for noob mages.

c7: A dagger is a very normal starting weapon for a mage. No need to be surprised by it.

I'm glad the author acknowledges that being good at computer games wouldn't necessarily make you good at full-immersion VRMMO's. Too many of these stories completely ignore this fact.

c8: That sounds more like a Firebolt than a Fireball

Stealth is a core skill for rouges. What kind of game would make them wait until level 24 to get it?

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was a really gullible child ;)

I wouldn't call men and women being equal a bug. Its a necessary feature.

I think he may also prove to be a very gullible adult...

This game has recording functions right? Wouldn't stealing something like that in front of so many people instantly make you one of the most infamous and recognizable people in the game? People would probably kill you on sight on the off chance that you might try to rob them if they don't.

7. Shouri

Shouri Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep
    there's a character at the later part of the story who teaches bodyguards
    , but most of them wish to spend most of their time purely perfecting their techniques instead, and his dad banned him from taking jobs that could "kill people", and doesn't suit performing Kung Fu because their Kung Fu techniques are not attractive enough for the audience. Since Gu Fei is from a much richer background (idk if this is considered to be a spoiler...), he would rather be a sports teacher who has a lot of free time for his own practice even though the job does not earn a lot. And about the improving oneself part, I don't know about the others, but Taichi is certainly one kind of Kung Fu that a lot of people practice to improve themselves.
    He just thinks a bit traditional(like he would feel awkward when girls touch him), but still treat women as equal :p He's a very upright person, and not gullible, at least in terms of business, he is quite alert.
    And there is no recording nor photographing function for this game unless you are working at the game company.
    To record something, you have to use a scroll(from killing monsters) which has a time limit depending on your mp.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    19637.png feel this series like cursed~ ping ponged between translator~

9. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, if it one day drops for real... Me is snatching...
    Wait, isn't this Qidian. Does Qidian not have any plans on it?

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    dunno~ first they need to find translator for this series~

11. Lestari

Lestari [✿Reader✿] p(^-^q) [♡Anime♡]

Reading List:
    Link
    new translator pick it up.
    btw if Logatse delete their TL, why mod not delete it at toc in nu?

12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    usually for archive purpose, translator can ask their link to be removed~
    as for detail ask Mod for that~

13. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    heee gravity?
    haha

14. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys! I'm one of the translator for VW: CCM!
    We'll try and pick up our translation speed soon, so here's to hoping we get settled in by the end of the month and can churn out two chapters a day once April begins!

Also, feel free to always jump in on things here or on GT. I'm a pretty active online person so I would be more than happy to field questions or even correct mistakes ^.^

Semi-spoiler: Super excited to get you all into chapter 30 soon.
    That whole arc is quintessentially what made me decide to translate the series lol

asriu likes this.
  15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    mercenary ah sorry you mean current arc yup yup good luck

Celascion likes this.
  16. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter's up. Since it was left at a cliff-hanger last time, I figured, wth. Let's get Gu Fei's first mission over and done with!

Enjoy!

17. IAmGodSlayer

IAmGodSlayer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there was not even one time I saw any type of status screen of the sort. It's kinda difficult to imagine his stats.

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this kind of OP I wanna see~
    irl ability which make developer side wreck brain to ensure balance~

19. Celascion

Celascion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, this author isn't big on creating stat windows like some other novels out there like Age of Adepts.
    The items have stated bonuses, while usually the author uses level difference to show power instead of actual numbers.

I guess you can say its a rather unconventional VRMMO novel?

20. IAmGodSlayer

IAmGodSlayer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, most authors use it to increase the word count. It's unconventional, but I like it.

Celascion likes this.