LCD Poison Genius Consort

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by etvolare, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand LFY's been keeping these spies locked up for weeks/months while he went investigating so I assume he found out some things on the side and needed confirmation on some others.

And well, perhaps he'll go verify the information after he takes care of HYX's request. One thing at a time. XD

BlancFrost and Aiiee like this.
  2. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    *claps* Oh that makes much more sense now. Lol it really is one thing at a time. So many things to do~

ch103: So they have a list now \o/ hurrah for that. Hopefully more clues are found in Madame Li's storage room. The teaser for this chapter though pfft the gif was surprisingly accurate.

ch104: OH NO! Of course Madame Li knows about poisons and her scents. I mean she did have that 10 thousand snake poison (or whatever the name was). HYX is saved by LFY, I wonder if the Madame will still make her move...and then I read the teaser for the next chapter.
    Lol too true too true.

3. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys!

Hope you all had fun reading the releases today! Mini-mass releases are usually 4-5 chapters at a time and something I like to do on a monthly basis to move along the plot. They're independent from sponsored chapters and will continue to exist regardless of donations, so think of it as an extra gift from my editor and I to you~ They're also independent from special holiday releases like Xmas or volare's anniversary, which usually has more chapters. But I digress.

Today's mini-mass releases were carried over from March, since I delayed them to coincide with a perfect cliffhanger point (hurhur). If time allows, I wanna try another release bonus within April! So now I'd like to ask you all a little question. Would you rather...

1) Have mini-mass releases speed through "slow arcs"
    2) Have mini mass releases whiz through plot-heavy arcs?

Depending on which ones you prefer, I'll pick a different "group" of chapters to release on a random day. Either way, you'll get your chapters, so this is just a matter of personal preference. Do let me know!

EDIT: O yeah, and mini-mass release chapters don't have teasers attached to them, since they all get released at the same time. Eheheh, no suspense there~

shelvibie17 and Mangochic like this.
  4. blee8

blee8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm all for mini mass releases whatever the reason may be. I'd be okay with whichever you choose or whatever piques your interest. Just to clarify, are these going to be summaries? will these be out of sequence since you'll be picking different groups of chapters? so then are we going to skip over them when the time comes? For me, whatever keeps you motivated to translate this novel, I will support it! Thank you and to Khuja too! Just want to let you both know how much I enjoy reading your trans!

Love your teasers! I think the alternate universe would be a lot of fun to read!
    This one cracked me up!
    [​IMG]
    I can't imagine LFY doing that. I just can't.
    http://volarenovels.com/poison-genius-consort/pgc-chapter-103/

BlancFrost and Ruyi like this.
  5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    XD When I saw that GIF I knew exactly what to write for the dialogue pfft...

As for your question, MMReleases are what you saw today: multiple releases of full length chapters on the same day. I call them "mini" because it's 4-5 chapters being released, rather than 10-20.

Grouping them means that for each month, I'll release the 5-chapter batch at the same time, so for example you'll get c6-10 on one day, rather than c6-8 on Tuesday then c12-13 on some Friday a week later.

We're not skipping or summarizing anything (if you check my replies to the survey announcement post comments, they all spell out "April Fools"). You're just helping me organize my release schedule for the month so I know when to do a mini-mass release. Basically, PGC currently releases ~25 chapters a month. Up to 5 of those 25 monthly chapters can be released on a single day as a translator's bonus. The question for readers is: do you prefer those 5 chapters to come from a slower story arc, or an action-packed one? ;)

BlancFrost and blee8 like this.
  6. blee8

blee8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg, I did not read the comments! hahahaha
    good one! or maybe I'm just too gullible! *facepalm*

I choose #1
    1) Have mini-mass releases speed through "slow arcs"

sooo wait, no alternate universe then? kekeke

Ruyi likes this.
  7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL, what if we held a PGC fanfiction contest? Although I think I've seen online PGC fanfic in Chinese before...haven't read them because they have spoilers for later chapters I don't know about yet! (So the references would be lost on me.)

BTW guys, today I found an interview with PGC's author, Jie Mo. She talks about her writing tips and etc, as well as how she figured out plot points and character integration for PGC. I'm assuming you guys would like that translated too? ^-^

Mangochic likes this.
  8. blee8

blee8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PGC fanfiction contest? Sure! I would love to read but I have no talent in writing so I dont think I can join.
    Would love to read a translation of the interview please!!! but whenever you have time. Thanks

9. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahah, it's an idea I'm thinking of--but maybe a bit later. At least when we have 200+ chapters, so more characters have time to establish themselves. :D

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind, then. Woot woot!

Aiiee, Mangochic and blee8 like this.
  10. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw them \o/ thanks fort he mini-mass release Ruyi~ I am reading them now. Hmm I would choose number 1 as I would rather quickly go through the "slow arcs" well PGC is pretty fast in pacing but anything a little slow we could speed through would be nice.
    Fanfic for PGC? Sounds...interesting lol I wonder how they turned out. So popular it has fanfictions written about it. Tell us what you think when you do get around to reading them (well when you finish with PGC that is).

Oh a translation of her writing tips, that would be nice to read. I will wait for it when you eventually come around to it.

Aiiee and Ruyi like this.
  11. Aiiee

Aiiee ▪ Akki's Fan ▪(´⊃ᴗ⊂`)▪ Sneaky ▪

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the mass release! You've worked hard. (o_ _)ノ彡☆

I answered the poll very seriously. (╭ರᴥ•́)
    So, when do I get the AU? Can you kill off my request immediately? ROFL

Honestly though, that prank was so fun. I think some readers almost suffered from a mini heart attack.

Seconded.

Such an exciting chapter 110! I'll wait for the next chapter with bated breath. I hope I survive it.

BlancFrost and Ruyi like this.
  12. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hooray~! Thanks for answering. ^-^ Just curious, what was your AU request for the poll? Everyone's answers are gathered together, so I don't know who's who. :9 On the other hand, I think some readers are still suffering from heart attacks. *coughs lightly*
    Our poor imperial physician has been maligned, ehehe... But readers are astute, comments this morning were pointing out how unbelievable it was that he'd be *cough cough* a Big Bad.

The next mini-mass release date has also been determined after Khuja and I went over the release schedule. (It's set for between 4/22 - 4/29) The arcs covered in April will be Exciting - Draggy - Exciting, so we're aiming to stamp out some of that dragginess by whizzing you through. I remember khubun & I both getting annoyed at those chapters when we first read it, so we want to save you all some pain. X'D

Btw, @sithkazar's been doing an amazing job with the PGC relationship diagram (links on PGC Glossary page), so keep an eye out for her live updates if you're caught up with current chapters. We're on our way to introducing new characters soon~ >u<

For those of you game enough to MTL the interview yourself, I found it here. :9

Aiiee, BlancFrost and sithkazar like this.
  13. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I answered it as well ~ I thought is was weird you didn't at least ask for our username lol Think my AU request was the poison arc can't remember (or was it the spy arc? Think they are the same thing).

Yay to a scheduled mini mass release \o/

Oh thanks @sithkazar o7 That diagram helps a lot, especially for someone who tends to forget the characters names. It will be useful for remembering everyone's relationships with each other.

Up to c110 finally!: Oh Mu Qingwu is rising up in my likeable meter. I should have finished reading the updates before voting. GBY is good and all but MQU...GAH~! Poor HYX any scenario where she needs to try and escape, that cliffhanger though *shakes fist*
    So much action yay to speeding through the arc~!

Ruyi, sithkazar and Aiiee like this.
  14. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I'm really bad at remembering names, especially when an old character shows up. I'm happy to share. There is a list and link to all of the ones I currently have made in my post signature.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    BlancFrost likes this.
  15. shelvibie17

shelvibie17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

i think it's better through slow arcs
    hehehe
    so we can slowly enjoy the novel and the character

Ruyi likes this.
  16. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    You are welcome! Yeah it's pretty true for the old characters for me too. I completely blank and have no idea when they pop up again haha. Happens when I watch dramas, I usually only remember the main characters names as it is said so many times.

Oh thanks for that, I will be sure to check the others out. I haven't caught up to some of the updates of my novels yet but they will be helpful when I actually get around to reading them all.

sithkazar likes this.
  17. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    Your teaser for ch111 Ruyi...I-I actually thought it was the truth 。゚・(>﹏<)・゚。 GBY~! Such a wonderful man could never do something like that~!

Poor HYX falling off the cliff...her poisons don't work on this ruthless spy. \o/

*cough* Alright is seem LFY is finally showing his "affections"

That cowardly woman, she must be scared to death! <----pffft he has got his priorities straight.

Ruyi and shelvibie17 like this.
  18. Shuichi

Shuichi Eustass-sama ♥

Reading List:
    Link
    This maiden will continue reading when there's more chapters, when LFY's thousand years ice-berg start melting into 500 or 800 years. This maiden can't take the cliff hanger and draggy chapter start killing her , more than when she reading raw (≧3≦✿)

Ruyi and shelvibie17 like this.
  19. BlancFrost

Reading List:
    Link
    ch112: It is moving along nicely! Any guilt you have will spill out when under pressure, nothing can escape such a frosty appearance.

Pfft your teasers are great as always Ruyi, Bilü aye? A tea servant that now has a name so the plot can move along~ Such a wonderful role she has. They are shocked she confessed to stealing tea, perhaps they will dig deeper and find out what that tea contains and who it is from.

Ruyi likes this.
  20. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Aiiee and BlancFrost like this.