LCD I am the Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by honglath, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Daily Prog

Daily Prog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. I just giving an example.. it doesn't mean about the messenger.. just like KaitenX say.. owl have broad metaphor

2. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I'll enlighten you,there isn't even romance tag,not to mention loyalty tag; and,do you really think that noble'S wife running a bakery is really ok?! They'd be ridiculed,and even if they were to ignore it it'd still be strange for others,besides,she doesn't dislike herself being a commoner,so why interfere?

3. Alexander12

Alexander12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well as of now maybe h will not marry her
    she has't been featured in the last tens of chapters

4. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    Mn,indeed

5. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    hahahhaha kobatochan image freakin orc with a big smile

6. Shuichi

Shuichi Eustass-sama ♥

Reading List:
    Link
    2 chapters.
    Really curious what kind of trap he made for those nobels. The deadly one the better (≧∇≦✿)

7. Shuichi

Shuichi Eustass-sama ♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who doesn't focus on romance? If it'll focus to romance rather than war-politic thing, then this maiden would thinking again if she will continue reading this novel.

Picked it because there's no romance tag....

8. Rwings

Rwings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is going to be some aspect of romance at some point. Any King needs a Queen and it looks like the set-up will be him marrying that shadow princess to give him some claim to the throne since that one guy pulling the strings with the King made it clear he was looking for someone better then the current three princes to take up the throne.

Romance when done right I prefer in a story, but so many are done badly that I guess it would be better without it at all. For Chinese stories instead of a couple working together its guy falls for girl, girls dies or is removed from the story for reasons comes back in the last dozen chapters the end. For Japanese its guy fights against his inner desire to be a black hole until the last chapter the end.

Shuichi likes this.
  9. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 116: I knew it! I had a feeling that the dude's House had the sigil of an owl, otherwise the prophecy wouldn't have made as much sense. I'm so glad I got that right xD

I will say though that, while it's interesting how Roan wants to fight back using politics, I honestly can't really see how he feels so confident. I mean, yes, he has plenty of experience as a soldier, and has some knowledge on events in the other timeline, but why would he know about how to be political? o.0

That being said, I liked how he brainstormed a plan together with his subordinates, though I still can't see how well they can play the political game. Then again, at this point I guess what they're doing can not really be considered playing the politics game that much, but rather an actual fight seemingly, which would make it more feasible for Roan to be confident in the plans he and his subordinates created.

Chapter 117: Oh man, this chapter was great. Random archer gets his ass beat in a competition of skill, and he, along with his superior, seem as though they're about to get their ass beat as well.

Shuichi likes this.
  10. Shuichi

Shuichi Eustass-sama ♥

Reading List:
    Link
    True, that's why I tend to picked novel without romance tag. And if there is, the novel isn't really focus on it. Many novels rotated around the girls, either she died or cheated or the parents don't agree etc, the novels progressed became boring and unreadable because of it. It's okay if there's romance as long as not hinder the story

Oh, this maiden think he will be with the shadow princess too

11. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well well, Clayde decided to invest in the prince while Aily decided to invest in Tale region

12. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    who was Clayde again??

13. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The political game is easier when you have a good network of people who can research your potential allies or enemies. Knowing what your allies might want and knowing how to make your enemies squeal like a pig makes navigating how to interact with them easier.

If you meet someone for the first time and you're trying to strike a deal/alliance and you have to watch his/her reactions to see what his/her reaction it's not a very efficient way of doing things. If he/she's got a decent poker face you're not truly sure what's happening in his/her head. If you've got a file that details his general tendencies, his/her history with trade and politics as well as his/her core values you can pretty much know what he's going to say/do when you lay out your plan to him/her. The actual meeting is merely a formality. That person doesn't really know you already know what he/she is going to do but you do because magic n' shit.

14. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    While that is true, and I do agree with you, I also think that when/if Roan begins facing the more shrewd and clever people who actually play the political game well, it's unlikely that he'll be able to easily counter them.

15. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is that the number of individuals like that are much less you'd think, especially in the nobility. What do I mean by that? It's because the game of throne has been going on for a while. Everyone knows which noble is in which camp. There's very little chances to get surprised by a turncoat of some kind. Nobles have been running around as 3 big cliques ever since we were made aware there was a inheritance battle. The game is not going to be volatile, it's going to very static.

The people left that could blindside Roan are those who were not forced to take a side publicly or prefer to abstain from revealing their allegiances. Merchants are one of those groups, they follow the money. They can be wild factor.
    I don't recall if there is a religious institution with power in the country but if there is, it would probably be considered rude to ask high ranking individuals whom they're rooting for. That doesn't meant there isn't any private attempts to gather support for one prince or another. These two groups could be a surprise as well as country nobles who are farther away from the Royal Capital who might not be significant enough to have been asked to join X cause. They might seize an opportunity given by an individual with high status in exchange for some promise of significant reward of some kind. Some might be desperate or greedy enough to try something really stupid to get some gains.

All will revolve around military exploits and national security, the kid said it himself when he keeps insisting on the winner having the most "achievements". I don't think political maneuvering will have so much of an impact as military might/campaigns. We, the reader, already know that continent-wide war is brewing.

It will be interesting to see Roan's new group of supposedly talented but unruly bunch against the Duke's talented sons coming back from schooling abroad to help whichever brother their family supports. Around the same time as Roan gets new blood, the 3 Dukes have decided to officially go all out in this inheritance battle. This cannot be a coincidence, there are parallels being drawn here by the author.

16. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    Clay will guide Roan to destroy the root? Maybe by root he means Janis agency... o_O

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  17. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 118-119: Nice to see those scrubs fall for Roan's plans. Of course, given how stupid they are, it wouldn't have been difficult for Roan to find out what he wants to know, though I guess, with Clay's help, they've become irrelevant.

I don't think so, cause Roan's intelligence group has already been keeping tabs on the Janis agency. I think what Clay is referring to is the duke that is behind everything.

18. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, Baba said something like he was asked to get ride of Roan. So the request is probably coming from the root. Something related to people been insatisfied because he started to collect information about the castle and the people inside.

Well obviously he wants to know more about the Shadow Princess, but I wonder how she will react when she learns that Roan excuted some of the strategies they were implementing with the Nanny. I do feel she's the love interest and somehow the sister of the previous life could end up with either Sir Ian Phillips or with Brian Miles. What will he do about princess Katy and Simon fiancee I wonder

19. NaM

NaM 『♔ Re dell'appostarsi』(The GentleMaN)

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel the romance in this novel will be similar to Dungeon Hunter.. Romance won't be stated but mc will have a relationship but not so focus in it and with an ambiguous status

20. Nykooo

Nykooo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what kind of influence Roan's positive reinforcement toward Pierce would have on his current life. He was suppose to be a coward in his previous life and now he battled with Roan in without being a witness to the Rose Troup complete destruction as a first fight. He might aim even higher in the end that becoming a Duke. It's mostly the same with Brian Miles, if he changes the mana type that he's using he may have a life this time around.

As of Prince Simon becoming the Mad Monarch. I think it's probably still going to happen and mostly because of the type of mana he's using. It's ironically the one that's makes me think of Roan's mana the most. If it wasn't for the essence of water, Roan might end up like that and become crazy and obsess. Biate described Reid insistance toward fighting her as obsessive. The essence of Water spirit King Ellaim seems to protect Roan from overflow, nothing prevent such things from happening in the First Prince Simon and unless a solution is found his mana type still lead to violence. It's sad because he's one of the Original 4 geniuses and he's banking on talents and abilities rather than birth rigths.

I do believe that Aily, The Shadow Princess, is the hidden financial genius from his previous life. I don't remember reading that she was ruthless but rather that she was innovative. Goldmaster Sale ended up controlling 70% of Rinse Kingdom economy. Imagine the kind of support Roan would be gaining if she was eventually a wife. Not that he risks being poor himself since he's working on big plans.