LCD Trafford's Trading Club

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 8, 2017.

1. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    特拉福买家俱乐部 Trafford's Trading Club

NU
    https://www.webnovel.com/book/6831849802000805

Luo Qiu became the boss of a ‘club’ by chance.
    It was a weird club that sold strange items and with servant girl that had 300 years of working experience. Countless people with dreams, hopes and ambitions came to the club to exchange anything precious they own for what they want. They would offer their lifespan, items, and even their soul. Every successful trade would increase Luo Qiu’s lifespan by a little.
    “Tribute successful, your lifespan has increased by 99 years.”
    As thus, Luo Qiu began his endless life of the club’s boss.

The only reason I started reading this novel is because there is the "Trafford" term in the title and if you are wondering what is so special about the term then let me explain in the spoiler tag
    Around 15 miles from where I live there is this huge shopping centre called Trafford Centre and it is the 2nd largest shopping centre in the entirety of the country, in terms of size or the amount of visitors on annual basis; Wikipedia about the centre and the ranking list of the shopping centres so my reason for reading it is just purely that

One funny mention in the first chapter has been about eyes which I found so much similarities to the Uchiha
    I basically ignored that happiness part because I think the only reason the author included it so that people wouldn't call it a rip off from Naruto...

I also got a vibe of xxxholic with the exchange for something of something special to the person or of equal sentiment value... but it might just be me...

Also the end of c1 was sort of how should I place it weird... why would he want that shop of nowhere? Will continue reading if I feel like I need to voice out my thoughts will come here and post them...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    The eye's sound more similer to kurika from hxh

Ak0w, Sefrot, KickInator and 2 others like this.
  4. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Well creator of naruto got the eye power thing from HxH anyway so either way similar thing...

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  5. bartsimpsons

bartsimpsons Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is no official statement made by the creator of Naruto about this. Also, Naruto started at 1997 and HxH started 1998.

The novel looks promising.. but what is up with his stepmom?

6. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing from 1997 was a one shot that didn't include the eye power and technically was a different thing altogether from the actual manga!! the actual manga went up in late 1999 whereas at that point HxH has been going on for more than a year

Plus if you type into google you will see tons of threads and posts supporting the fact that naruto had way too many things from HxH

Deleted member 41274 and runsing like this.
  7. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    C3 - I am getting way too many vibes of xxxholic... but the difference i that find is that the things traded are somewhat harsher than in xxxholic, looking forward to more chapters...

raysha18 likes this.
  8. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read this, it's like .. One of those CLAMP mangas...

I can't shake off that feeling.

9. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read The chronicles manga and xxxholic and truthfully I liked both, but with this novel the similarities and feeling that I have read something very similar is weird...

C4 there is teleportation...

10. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Like you, I can't shake off that feelings it's heavily influenced by that.

11. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read c6 and it's way different when handling customers as compared to xxxholic so I guess that's a plus otherwise I would probably drop it...

12. DeathStroke96

Reading List:
    Link
    Just caught up with the tl'ed chapters and except of the vague feeling that it is too similar to xxxholic it is a pretty good read that will likely become one of my daily reads depending on the release rate...

13. lynette

lynette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, the Tler lost the third paragraph of c1.:(Made the next "this" stand for nothing.
    And the forth paragraph: "only"?:eek: I'm not going to be strict, but this not only change the meaning but also violate the common chinese mind and ethic: what did his biological mother do and why did he throw her away?
    :cry: As a fan, I'm really sad.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  14. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    haha . if you have read the raw, you may know that the writing skills of the original writers are not good enough... a lot of logical confusions by the writing skills. That's why the translator had tried his best to restructure some part. The translation of this story is really really hard...

15. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    So far so good. Will wait for more, not sure where this series is going though.

16. lynette

lynette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read it. The authors writing skill is above the average level.So,I'm very confused why TLer dropped so much meaningfull text. Just for curious,could the TLer fully understand the hinted meaning?
    For example,the sentence missed in TL:果然是后妈……-> "...That's surely what a vicious stepmother will do."(sentence in Italic,this is the scence imagined in mind)
    Yes,maybe it is hard to translate , he need help but not simply drop it...A nice TL like the Library Of Heaven's Path seldom do so,and it is even better than the raw.

Well,do you still need translator or editor?

strixflash likes this.
  17. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh...are you sure the writing skills is above average ....? Actually... the writing skill is under average... What we generally call this kind of writing skill is 意识流. Anyway, as for the question you asked, the translator removed it since this is not a real meaningful sentence. Directly translate is not a good way to keep the flow. He kept the same meaning of the paragraph and also keep the personality of the MC. You may prefer the translator could keep all sentences within the chapter, but the translator is going to keep the story more logical. Hard to say who is right or wrong. I guess you understand the Chinese, 夕山白石是一个脑洞很大的作家,他的故事情节很好,但是文笔偏弱,所以整体的逻辑性不强,很多文字是故意装作文青的写法在写,所以其实文笔并不算好。这种故意文青的写法,有时候会有大量的无用句子,所以翻译会尽量保证故事的流畅性和逻辑性,去掉一些纯粹为了靠近文青写法的句子。

18. Sawcrot

Sawcrot 『Elk God』

Reading List:
    Link
    The pace is a bit slow eh?

19. Qidian

Qidian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    5 chs /week

20. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    can you give a rundown?Like..what does it feel like? I get the SA vibes after seeing the intro..