Question @Qidian , do you have a date yet for release of v1.1 of the app

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Pizz0011, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi @Qidian
    do you have a idea as to when your going to update the app to v1.1so it asks for less Permissions as i'd like to start using it but will not until you fix the Permissions requests as you don't need are call logs and contact lists etc as at the moment i just log in via my phones browser to read or my pc

the website itself is very nice and i've already left one review for one of the books i read
    the layout for the reading pages, fonts are very good
    but could do with some extra things on your account info like being able to add a user pic and info
    ( i understand it's still a work in progress so hopefully that will come slowly soon )

but the most important thing for me would be to be able to test the app, but as posted above and before in other posts i'll not do it until you stop the data mining my info

2. Rapture244

Rapture244 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, they are working on it ^^
    They won't release the app now just because you kindly asked them :D

Rule71 and TianKrea like this.
  3. VIRUS

VIRUS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian Qidian
    SAME SHIT JUST
    DIFFERENT DAY

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    TBA May~
    check on thread made by qidian~

5. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, you do realise that you can PM or post what you want to ask Qidian on his profile page? Why do you need to make a thread for something that simple?

Making a thread to tell one person something (who's not even NU staff) is simply senseless.

MangoGuy likes this.
  7. Rvze

Rvze Potato Ranger

Reading List:
    Link
    You could manage app permission on android. Why bother?

8. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    heh i know that but i just wanted to see if they had a update

didn't see a post from them , or i missed it could you please link so i can read it

lol i love the pic

Danis likes this.
  9. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried you can't if you say no to any of them the app will not work , unless you know of a work around , ifso can you please let me know it would be great

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    go to gidian profile page then check all post by qidian~ it's on thread which I forget what thread~
    cuz there many

11. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    i have pm'd them in here and also on facebook and no one's bothered to answer me for over a week
    thats why i've ask like this

12. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    kk cheers for the info i'll have a look in a sec thanks

13. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Because you obviously don't know how to read their announcement that they just ignore you. Like seriously, they are a huge company. They have no time to deal with you alone.

14. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    well when i pm'd here and once again on facebook about how good their idea was and complimented them on their site ,
    they answered within a few hours on the same day thanking me
    yet when i've asked about the above they haven't bothered so sorry your comment is a bit off

15. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You complimented them, of course they're going to respectfully reply. What are you doing currently is that you're asking something that they had previously stated. In short, they ignore you because of you're unable to do some basic research.

16. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    dude chill the fuck out, you asking this daily on multplie pages/platforms not just annoys qidian but also us normal people, the qidian guy is just a representative and doesn't make any decisions, he said they will try to get it done as soon as can so just fucking wait, maybe they wanna do it in may when it is released totally, so just 1 update then instead of 1 now and another later (idk if this is true, i am just guessing), how hard can it be to wait? will you die from not using the app, if you want to use it then use it or wait till it is addressed, till then use the qidian website, tbh the website too is pretty good for a phone so you won't miss much as for the features of logging in i.e., voting,reviews and what not, you can use on web too so please stop asking this daily, i am pissed at reading same shit multiple times

strixflash likes this.
  17. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    what basic research, they've blanked everyone since the permission issue has been raised and reported to them
    all they said after rechecking stuff just incase i missed it , was we're asking are dev's and thats it , god it feels like looking at the last 2 posts are from apple fanboys if this was a IT site , normally it shouldn't take that long to change the permission , if your ok with your data being mined , thats cool but i'm not as i use my phone for work and have it totally locked down , also its not like i'm shouting and being rude about it i just asked a question as they haven't replied ,
    even if they replied saying , " still not to sure but we are dealing with it but it may be when we release the iphone version "
    i'd be happy
    even in this post i pointed out once again the site looks nice , then again if you don't like people asking a question , may be don't read the thread

and i also happen to run a company and have to deal with questions like this from clients when we have delays or mistaken screw up's so i know its not that hard just to say something to keep people updated as it would then stop the need to ask the question to start with

18. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    so as i fucking said, don't fucking use it till they fix it, fucking simple? i never said i support them or anything all i said is don't use it and don't ask about it daily and just wait until they fix it, you can then use it, i just stated to use web coz you don't need the app to use the features of the app, in some cases it may have more features on the web as either doesn't have ads and have library in both, i agree the app makes it easier to read it as it has a kindle kinda style to read pages but please stfu and wait, don't use it if you think it is data mining and it isn't safe for you and when it does get safe then you can use it

19. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm not using it thats why i was asking about the v1.1 that they themself made a comment about , ie they were asking their dev's but since they said that they haven't said anything else at all and i am using the website as i pointed out in my 1st post and even said it works nicely on the phone and pc with the choice of fonts and being able to pick the background colour etc ,
    so is there a need to swear in my post and question as it seems we basically agree with each other ,
    it would be very easy for them to have a sticky post at the top saying ...were working on it and it should be in xyz weeks or when we release the apple version then that way it would stop the need to ask a repeated question due to the fact they don't answer it in here or other media platforms like facebook or google + / reddit etc

20. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    oh god spare me, this guy just isn't able to understand what i am saying, i think he and i are conversing in different languages

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.