Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but the mc lost(?) him - thought he died after the first battle i think? ..since he wasnt with the mc the second time

2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  3. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It looks pretty and sounds nice? Well, it's definitely one of a kind, and the first instrument that's used to control the undead. It's effectiveness is definitely better than the random flute MC made in like 2 seconds after his rebirth.

MC wasn't trying to summon Wen Ning, he was basically trying to summon anything dead that was nearby. It didn't say how nearby or why Wen Ning was nearby, but when he did show up, MC was really shocked and confused b/c Wen Ning was the very last undead he expected to summon.

Yes.

xBubblex, Blood A, Fiorisi and 4 others like this.
  4. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Did wen ning recognise the mc? ....also shouldnt people try to kill him on site since he was the mc s fav undead?

xBubblex and kiara8 like this.
  5. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Wen Ning only listens to MC's commands, so the fact that he came means that he must have recognized MC.

MC accidentally summoned Wen Ning b/c he was with a bunch of kids from various clans who were being attacked. Wen Ning showed up and fought the foe that they were about to be killed by, so it's not like those kids can really do anything. When the older generation showed up, MC already told Wen Ning to leave.

Blood A, Fiorisi, Nikha and 4 others like this.
  6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    And besides, Wen Ning is really powerful

Nikha, lazynoodles and alexfilia like this.
  7. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    if the mc made wen ning leave how did the ml heard the song?

8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Ml was there from the beginning, then mc found them and the spirit(?) attacked them and MC played the flute to call some zombie over to help

Rcyan and alexfilia like this.
  9. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    <~~ is a really hopeless person orz
    My curiousity got the better of me and I ended up reading the the last temple mastermind arc with mtl! (well i skimmed through it so i'm not sure about many things <.< >.> ....mtl is a pain x_X)

so from what i got the corpse hand was Nie something guy who was Nie something's bother and was killed by the mastermind for reasons...then the corpse's borther found out and wanted revenge so he manipulated the Mo kid into summoning the mc because he was the best person for solving this kind of thing(??) but didnt put much hope into this so he also made (secretly) the Ml get involved via the Lan kids??

Did the mastermind had something to do with mc's bad reputation 15 years ago, his lost of control and his brother's (JC's sister's hubby) death? (there was also something about spliting the mc and JC appart??) (Again mtl is a pain orz)

btw the one that was sealed in the end was the corpse right?....oh and did the mc regreted / felt sad over his decision on giving up his power for JC? (or he didnt really want to become his servant?...this part was confusing due to wierd mtled sentences :D)

xBubblex, Aeli and kiara8 like this.
  10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Which Nie guy are you talking about? I hope it's not the sworn brother of Jin mastermind and ML's brother. I think the corpse that was sealed is Jin mastermind's?

11. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea??? .....mtl is not the most reliable thing lol

From what i undestood, both the corpse and the guy who wanted revenge were named Nie something (so they were brothers??)

Why would they need to seal the mastermind corpse??.....the one with the grudje that couldnt go away was the left hand corpse ...i think the mc with the ml were trying really hard to seal him in a coffin so he wouldnt kill them all

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    The left hand corpse??? The one that appeared at the Mo household? Wasn't that the spirit of Mo XuanYuan?

13. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    huh?? o_O ....finding the left hand corpse's killer is the hole reason the mc is back!
    (Mo XuanYuan is the guy that gave the mc his body right?...i think his spirit returned to earth or something)

14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, U remember there was mentioned of left hand during the first case, so I thought the left hand belong to MXY, I guess not then

15. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw there was a mention of a tiger seal(?) the mc had (i think i also saw it in a video)
    what was its purpose?

16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    ? Dun know, never heard of it. Normally in a palace setting, the tiger seal would allow you to take charge of the army. Don't know about the cultivators world though

17. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Indirectly, yes. The things he did led to other people doing things, which led to MC doing things that damaged his rep.

Splitting MC and Jiang Cheng apart was what a lot of people wanted to happen, though I don't know if that was a goal of the mastermind. At that time, Jiang Cheng was a young and new head who was rebuilding his clan. If he had MC, who was basically an invincible one man army, standing behind him, their clan could become stronger than all the others. People were jealous and afraid.

The mastermind was sealed with the corpse. IIRC, he was still barely alive when he first got dragged inside the coffin, and to prevent the corpse from escaping and rampaging after he killed his target, MC and ML sealed them both together.

There's definitely pain and sadness, b/c with something this big, it's impossible to be completely 100% ok with it. But in the long run, MC doesn't regret that he saved Jiang Cheng. To be honest, if the whole thing with the Wen clan didn't happen, MC definitely would have stayed as Jiang Cheng's right hand man.

No, who the left hand belongs to is the major overarching mystery that MC and ML were trying to solve on their journey. The spirit of Mo XuanYu disappeared when MC was summoned b/c that's the kind of ritual it was.

It's something that MC created, and then tried to destroy b/c it was too powerful and dangerous, especially in the wrong hands. It was something that a lot of people coveted b/c of its power, and part of the reason why they tried to push MC to ruin. Before MC died, half of it was destroyed, but MC was attacked and killed before he got a chance to destroy the other half.

Usually, you can make powerful magical tools recognize an owner so that no one else but the owner can use it, but the Yin Tiger Crest doesn't recognize owners. Anyone holding it can use its full power, and it gives whoever uses it absolute control over a lot of undead. Its powers and MC's are on par, so if an undead is under its control, MC can't wrest that control away, and vice versa.

So, you have an object that anyone can use and is as powerful as MC, but unlike MC who was unpredictable and unmanageable, this crest was easy to use and didn't have its own will. It was basically an inanimate object version of MC without all the cons of, well, MC, so it's not a surprise why so many people wanted it.

18. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the other half of the tiger seal?

I dont think mc was suited to be a subordinate...it wouldnt have worked in the long run.....an ally maybe

Actually JC nephew is really poor....his uncle led to his parents death but he was good to him ,the mc lost control and killed his father but it wasnt his fault and he saved him a ton of times and weng ning who killed his dad directly also saved him....its no wonder he was an emitional mess

What i liked the most is the masterminds actions led to the mc s death and it was also his actions that lef to his revival :D
    And now the people who want to kill the mc have no reason or ability to do so since he has so many allies

vesperia, LoveManga, Blood A and 3 others like this.
  19. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    It was taken after MC's death and attempted to be repaired.

I agree that MC isn't a good subordinate in the very traditional sense, but he would have been content staying under Jiang Cheng since hierarchy was never something he cared about. Jiang Cheng knows him well enough not to expect him to be a model "subordinate", but I suppose it's hard to say if other outside factors would affect their relationship negatively. The what-if scenarios that come from their dynamic is a pretty interesting topic to explore.

The emotional complexity of this novel is really well done, especially in portraying how a lot of things fall into a grey area instead of absolutes. It's also nice that the villains weren't irredeemable 2D cut-outs only there to hinder the protagonists, which is another reason I love this novel so much.

Well, to be fair, at the end of the novel, people didn't keep going after the MC b/c they were scared of him rather than his allies. But having ML stand by his side definitely also contributed to the fear factor, since a lot of people are afraid of ML as well lol

LoveManga, xBubblex, Blood A and 6 others like this.
  20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t What other BL fo you read that haven't been tl yet?