Novel I Died and Reincarnated as an Otome Game's... Villager A?

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AliceShiki, Mar 25, 2017.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I'll keep on doing my best! ^^)7

udonsage likes this.
  2. Slaynbr

Slaynbr {Scholar} Asylum's Oji-chan |StormBringer| Ossan

Reading List:
    Link
    Great initiative! I wish i had courage to put the things i write to the public xD but i don't hahaha.
    Writing is a wonderful thing. Keep at it!
    Loved the plot, and the idea of using nufers as character is nice and funny.
    I'm a little behind my reading, so gonna start reading in a slow pace, but is definitely add to the watch thread list xD
    If a mod include your novel in NU I'll add to the reading list hahaha.

3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *giggles*

Thank you for the compliments! I'll keep on doing my best!

Took me quite a while to be able to do it, I had tried it twice or thrice before and always stopped, what helped me the most was participating in AG, gave me a lot of enthusiasm for writing, and now here I am! \(^^)/

It won't ever get to NU since it doesn't accept originals, but... Hey, at least I'm having fun!

Hope you get enough courage to try and write publicly as well!

Slaynbr likes this.
  4. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice~
    AG is the RPG game nufers play? It really is a good source of inspiration ~
    During high school and college I used to play D&D with friends. I always took notes of everything that happened, and after I would write a short story of the adventure. My character was a bragging dwarf warrior that, everytime he sat in a tavern to get information *cough*drink*cough*, he would start bragging his adventures to others hahaha. Of course, since I wasn't a bard nor had high charisma, no one would believe in me hahaha I would always fail in the tests to impress the crowd hahaha.
    When we dissolved the group another player asked to keep the notebook with the stories. In the beginning I said no. But when he got married i made the notebook part of the present, since his wife was a player too and the adventures were a memory for the two of them.
    Those were good times~

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    That looks really nice! I'm glad you could have this kind of fun stories with your friends!

And yep, there are the links related to AG on my signature, it's a fun RP and quite lax as well!

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Turns out getting back home at 11pm or later 3x in a row surely hampers my progress in writing... The part of not writing in the weekend was laziness though...

Well, at any rate, I'm one week behind on my schedule, but I'm completely free next week, so I'll try to compensate for that! My goal is to be at chapter 8 by day 16! Wish me luck!

Also, fixed most things Aca pointed out in her long post she made a while back, some points like changing tenses would need a full revision, which I'm not in the mood of doing, and some I simply disagreed with, but those were all minor fixes anyway.

Next chapter should come up tomorrow unless I end up finding out there is a random event schedule on my family that I had no prior knowledge of!

7. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry too much Brasca and put up chapters when you can! No one is rushing you after all~

Slaynbr and AliceShiki like this.
  8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I like following a schedule though! If I don't put goals for myself, there is no way I'm going to follow it! >.<

I'm really good at procrastinating stuff, so I need deadlines to make things work out somehow...

Slaynbr likes this.
  9. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol same here but when I can't be bothered nothing can push me. Deadlines are a pain, having a set goal is always nice so we put aside time to do what we need to do.

AliceShiki likes this.
  10. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I had such discipline xD

AliceShiki likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep! I feel the same!!!
    That's not discipline, that's forcing myself! >.<

Discipline would be being able to do it without setting a deadline for it...

12. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    But that's how you start tho, no one is disciplined from birth xD
    You begin setting goals and deadlines, and let it ingraine in yourself as you keep at it ~

AliceShiki likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, guess there is no way I'll reach the goal of 8 chapters until sunday, but I can still try for 6... I'll do my best!

Chapter 3:
    After that talk, Lady Vi asked me how I wanted to receive my salary, since she was the one that was put in charge of me, we decided on having half given to me and half to my parents, I didn't have much attachment to them due to being born again in another world, but they were expecting another helping hand at home and I would feel really bad to simply leave them be, and considering all of my daily needs would be provided by the kingdom, I can actually use all the rest of my salary in whatever I see fit, so I'm quite happy with this!

Once that was done, and Akkihime-sama came back, Lady Vi quickly went over what were my duties and how was I supposed to help Akkihime-sama, which can be resumed as helping with her schedule, all sorts of daily needs and making sure she stays in line without ever making anything that could bring shame to her. While it doesn't seem to be particularly tough, there are some things of etiquette that I need to get used to, even if I do know the proper behavior I should show, it doesn't mean I'm used to acting like that after all.

I was also told that the event of this night that needed Akkihime-sama to wear formal clothes was a party to introduce the princess to most of the high nobility of the kingdom, and that I would need to help out on it as I was formally a maid now. Of course, there was no way I could attend in my current state, so the head maid was called and told to give me a full makeover as well as showing me how to act on the whole event and around nobles in general.

And well... It was wonderful! The very first thing she did was to throw me into a bath! There was even soap and shampoo on it! How much I missed those things! The head maid seemed surprised at my cheerfulness, apparently she thought commoners hated bathing, so they were all dirty, it seems the thought of being too poor to afford a proper bath didn't really go through her mind... I don't care though, I love this!

The rags I was wearing were instantly disposed of, and I was given a set of clothes for a maid, since they were already thinking of bringing maids closer to Akkihime-sama's age, they had some sets prepared for children, which greatly helped me.

The rest of the day was filled with the head maid shoving the proper manners, posture and etiquette into me, while she was pretty strict, it wasn't that bad, I had a bit of fun while learning actually, it was definitely a lot better than going to the forest to cut wood. We took a quick break for lunch and resumed the training right after.

When the clock marked 5:30pm, the head maid stopped training me and told me to take another bath, she considered me to barely pass the minimum requirements to attend the party, so I should get ready and help with the preparations... Now that I think on it, I spent the whole day with her. Is this really alright? She should be pretty busy, shouldn't she? Maybe it's because I'm the maid of Akkihime-sama, since that would make my blunders directly impact the princess' image.

I wanted to enjoy the second bath, but I was told to hurry, so I went in and out pretty quickly, got a new maid outfit and started helped the arranging the party, things were pretty hectic and we barely made it in time before the first guests started to arrive.

With that done, I was sent back to Akkihime-sama's room, the only one there was the princess, as lady Vi had already left for the party. I helped her change clothes and then proceeded to open the door to lead her to the garden where the party was being held, however... She was shaking quite a bit.

"Is everything alright? Akkihime-sama?" I tilted my head a bit.
    "I'm just... A bit nervous..." I approached her and held both of her hands after hearing that.
    "Don't worry silly, I'll be right there for you, and so will Lady Vi, we might not know each other that well, but I'll do my best to help you, okay? Rely on me and simply try to do your best!"
    "But what if... I mess up?"
    "Then we'll mess up together! And have a good laugh about the whole thing!"
    "How could we laugh about causing problems though?"
    "How could we not!? That's how jokes are made, we make a big mistake and then laugh about it later when remembering how it all went!"
    "Really?"
    "Really really! Just you wait and see!

So, shall we go?"
    "O-okay!"

I'm glad she was able to at least stop shaking after this bit of chatter, I said that, but if she really does mess up, then I would be in a lot of trouble... Oh well, not much use worrying about it, to the party we go!

We walked through the hallway together with me a bit in front of her, since most of the staff working on the house were already at the garden, nobody really minded it, and it gave Akkihime-sama a bit more confidence, as we got closer to it though, she started shaking again, so I held her hand and turned towards her.

"It will be alright, I promise." I said with a smile as radiant as I could make.
    "Alright..."

I couldn't do much more than that, so we just kept on walking while holding hands until the door that led out of the castle's main hall.

Stepping a bit to the side I told her a few more words of encouragement.

"Do your best!"

She just nodded, gulped, and then opened the door to the garden.

When I left it, the garden was considerably empty, with only the maids resting a bit after finishing arranging everything, right now though, it was completely busy, full of people elegantly dressed, as well as plenty of children, which should be the nobles' kids.

They all stopped talking and looked on Akkihime-sama's way as soon as she opened the door though. She halted her steps when faced with their gazes.

"You can do it!" I whispered.

She slowly moved forward and started going down the steps towards the garden in quite an elegant manner, I'm glad it seems like she'll go through with no issue and...

She tripped.

I was a bit far from her position since that was supposed to be her grand entrance, but now I had to catch her while she fell, although being behind her didn't give me a good way of stopping her fall, still, I had to try and salvage it, so I ran as fast as I could.

She was definitely falling before I arrived though, however, a girl that was in the midst of the party ran as soon as she noticed the tripping and stopped the princess in a chivalric manner which would easily make any girl's heart beat a lot faster if she was a boy... Judging from the red color of Akkihime-sama's ears though, this didn't seem to make much of a difference.

"Are you okay?" The girl helped Akkihime-sama stand properly.
    "I-I am... Thank you..."
    "There is no need for thanks, to help such a lovely princess as Akkihime-sama is a great joy to me." She crouched a bit and kissed the princess' hand, which made Akkihime-sama's ears go even redder.
    "Ri-right, may I.. Know your name then...?"
    "Of course, it is Yuzuki, my lady."

Oh... I should've noticed earlier. Lady Yuzuki had a long white hair and wore a long red dress, she is one of the capture targets of the game and actually had quite a large fanbase due to her gentlemanly behavior.

"It is a... Really pretty name."
    "I gracefully accept your compliment, it means a lot to me.

Shall we go to the party, princess?"
    "Y-yes!"

Lady Yuzuki led Akkihime-sama by the hand, after they walked a bit, I quietly followed them from behind. From my position, I could see lady Vi looking clearly relieved by lady yuzuki's timely intervention, it would've been worrisome if she didn't get there this quickly.

It was 7pm and the party was expected to last up until 10pm, please don't make me go through this kind of thing again Akkihime-sama, it's bad for the heart.

Acerleaf, udonsage, happy and 2 others like this.
  14. Slaynbr

Reading List:
    Link
    *cheering for ya*

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!! \(^^)/

16. pandadodod

pandadodod Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the story!!! It's very cute and pleasant to read :D

17. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!! I plan to release the next chapter today! (hopefully)

I'll keep on doing my best!

Silver Snake likes this.
  18. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this Yuri? If so, I'm already shipping Maid-sama and Princess-sama!!!

19. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I will not go into yuri, though shoujo ai is possible, I do not have the exact plans for it made.

I will introduce at least 1 more capture target soon though.

I will see if I make the next chapter on Friday btw... Hopefully...

Never knew how hard it was to follow a schedule... orz.

Slaynbr likes this.
  20. Holycow

Holycow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Muuuu-
    (y)

Slaynbr likes this.