LCD Age of Cosmic Exploration

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by DeathStroke96, Apr 10, 2017.

1. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    Age of Cosmic Exploration by Zhttty

NovelUpdates
    Qidian

Endless sky and infinite space, the cosmos isn’t some paradise waiting to be found, it is full of darkness and danger, death and terror of the great unknown. However, for that glittering swath of blue, we have no fear! For the longevity of men, we have no regrets! Nothing shall stand in our way because it is finally our time, our age! The age of cosmos exploration!

Another sci fi novel joining the community, which is great as they are so rare!!

C1 - from what I could gather, the mc used to be a soldier and some kind of uprising occurred... I am also getting some post apocalyptic vibes from how the mc prepared...

the first chapter was pretty decent so I will keep going what did anyone else think of it?

Also I am giving it a full try as it is by zhttty (author of terror infinity) because I liked terror infinity so it is likely going to be somewhat good!!

2. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried it for the same reason, but its just not for me.

3. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this just space exploration or what? Anybody knows what this is about?

Milanin likes this.
  4. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    I had that problem yesterday with Counterfeit Hero which was why I was hopining that I would like this one at the very least and it looks like I at least don't dislike it as i didn't have to force myself through the first chapter...
    Yep it is space exploration I believe, as in the second chapter it is explained how humanity gained the ability of space travel... so with the name it will likely be so... also Noah arc is being mentioned so I believe the end of the world is coming and humanity will flee to the stars (speculation as I just finished c2)... from what I also gather, the beginning might be similar to the movie 2012...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  5. RedKaiser

RedKaiser [PATH OF HEAVEN] [RULER OF ALL]

Reading List:
    Link
    After 50+ chapters, then I consider to read

6. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    This is probably gonna get me a lot of hate... But I kinda dropped it only after 4 chapters. If you want a military based story with sci-fi elements...Then logic and practicality are a must. And I felt this one was lacking. The TL definitely could have been better..I hope my views about it don't different too much from it's rating on the site..

7. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is a fun read.

I like the strong start, and the slight "irregularity" of flying all the way from China to Tenessee. LOL

But i'm already starting to think "classic Rainbow Six" guy, like the characters in a Tom Clancy novel.

8. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I am PRETTY sure an LCD was already made by Deathstroke...

Spiritsong likes this.
  9. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    yeap, hence i made the report. XD to delete this one.

10. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if it will go similar route as Stargate Universe after they go in space and before they find another civilization or habitable planet

11. z3helll

z3helll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the 10 chapters available and so far I'm liking it. Will wait for more, I'm not sure where this series is going though.

12. Zenobys

Zenobys Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A big thank you to DeathStroke96 and the other person (not sure whom) who started the LCD for ACE. I am the site owner and manager of EndlessFantasy Translations and also the person overseeing its translations by Lonelytree.

We really appreciate your interest in this novel and we hope that you would enjoy it as much as we did. Now I will not be participating in LCDs since we already have up to C40 translated so I guess I'll just leave it like this. :p

Danis and archn3m29 like this.
  13. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While my manager will not participate in LCD, I would. Because god knows, I have many questions flying through my mind as I did my translation :cautious:

Danis likes this.
  14. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think of the pacing?

I notice that the story is a bit short in terms of word count and chapters, compared to other really long winded novels.

I prefer it compact. So far, the 13 chapters are compact, and it transitions fast, but not too fast.

15. lonelytree

lonelytree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation is until Chapter 44 (or the end of Volume 2) at the moment.

The pacing for Volume 1 (Chapter 1-13) is glacial in my opinion. Took forever to get out of that basement. But the speed picks up after that.

Regarding the word count, with the exception of a few chapters, the author has made a vow to keep each chapter around 2~3k words, so that's nice.

16. Spiritsong

Reading List:
    Link
    Its kind of... "dramatic". From one problem to another.

Like now, in chapter 18. A murder? Of a con artist too?

17. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey man i noticed a error the traslator from Counterfeit Hero also did, you called a "solar/star system" a "galaxy", in this case it's not so obvious, but the author is talking over the slim chance to find a solar system with a planet ;) also any chance you could tell the TL from CH, at the first chapters the federation lost "galaxy" after "galaxy" and i was like damn thats some hugh federation, but later they talked over how galaxy X did have 4 planets and galaxy Y something like 5-6 and it became clear they were talking over "solar/star systems"....

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  18. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Selective racist aka 50% space used from the spaceship was for chinese, only 9000 africans (he diden't type blacks) vs 1.x million us/eu etc. and he diden't save people from south america or rest of Asia (India/Japan etc.), beside that i have not seen other racist shit (one of his team members is black)

Btw: i'm from Chile and it was a let down to see that the MC/author wouldn't give me a chance to save my arss lol

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  20. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, global geography is rarely emphasized in school, while nationalism is heavily pounded into our skulls... So if it isn't something like intentional genocide because of race, then it's not that big of a deal. (Many would do the same for their own country, countries they know and like and countries they don't know of or dislike.)