Spoiler Poison Genius Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a VERY patient person...but not with this! Uhhh...well...hmn...yeah! I AM patient...except for novels and stuff. I cant! I just cant!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry: I mean, I tried, you know...:(:oops::unsure:

Haaa yeah...I should think of happy thoughts. @Ruyi I will watch that mass release...or maybe I should hold off for a bit and focus on something else so I wont have to be so irked with the insect Wanru and co.

Aster Anemone likes this.
  2. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, like watch a drama series! Or make your own PGC fancast for fun! XD

Leilacus likes this.
  3. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Good idea!
    *tries to check if there are enough stockpiled translated novels* (Ugh...not quite...)
    *tries to check for new Kdramas* (Haaa...not there too...)
    *sees the animes* (Ah well...might as well rewatch my favorite animes)
    *left some sort of consciousness over the updates for PGC*

alexfilia and Aster Anemone like this.
  4. blee8

blee8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the masked man who tried to kidnap HYX, is he somebody we already know?

5. haruhi91

haruhi91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    White waiting for new chapters, I am watching Go Princess Go which I discovered thanks to the teasers. The ML is the perfect LFY, I have never seen someone colder, he is exactly a giant ice block

Leilacus and Ruyi like this.
  6. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man...have a fun trip!

...might as well tell you now, but there's "alternative" endings to the series on YT too. :9

7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    No, not so far in the story. He's associated with Northern Li (country north of Tianning), an aspect of the world we haven't gotten into yet.

Aster Anemone and blee8 like this.
  8. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhh!!! I'll check that out! After *cough* work...*cough* Kinda...working on a heart failure case *cough* dont tell my boss *cough*

9. blee8

blee8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what's your line of work, if I may ask?

10. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* Health sector *cough*

blee8 likes this.
  11. smr85

smr85 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But I actually like GBY and QM story, cause they love develop very slow, it's not like QM became replacement or something. She finally able to get GBY love and respect through persistent, she always there for him, in my opinion QM is GBY counterpart.

HoneyBee349 and kiara8 like this.
  12. Rxaluto

Rxaluto Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just read until the point where madam Xu goes to ice block mansion to make trouble, does anyone have any spoilers for how the whole Han family thing is going to go down? Does she make the 7th madam's son the head eventually?

13. Leilacus

Leilacus Zzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ruyi thank youuuuuu!!!! I survived!!!! hahahahaha! That white lotus though...she really irks me! But oh well, for now, Han Yunxi, don't let your guard down!

blee8 and Ruyi like this.
  14. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... so I just rest my imagination of another road with HYX and GBY... I shipped them and now you give another character is quite hard for me to accept it I need time to digest it.

15. HoneyBee349

HoneyBee349 Idk

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah... so I just rest my imagination of another road with HYX and GBY... I shipped them and now you give another character is quite hard for me to accept it I need time to digest it.

16. Rena.anggreina

Rena.anggreina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello @Ruyi can you spoil me a bit about arc Pressures from the Imperial House?

17. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Rena! Sure, sure~! Lemme organize it a bit like so...

First, results of the bet. Mu Qingwu ends up doing it in Mu Liuyue's place because she suddenly "falls sick." The people of the capital all denounce her for that, and her reputation takes a nosedive. Meanwhile everyone admires MQW for his guts. Princess Changping makes it back on the day of the bet but can't do anything, and watches MQW run around in his inner robes. Lol.

So with the poisoning stuff over, Murong Wanru's fallen from favor in the Duke of Qin's estate. HYX is busy helping out Seventh Madame/Yi'er and trying to see if LFY can protect her little brother like he promised. Unfortunately, Madame Li's dying words really did piss off Emperor Tianhui, so it's not as easy as things seem. HYX doesn't know, but Emperor Tianhui is suspecting her and the entire Han Family. She actually blames LFY a bit for "not keeping his promise," while LFY doesn't really explain.

But our male lead works out a compromise, because...Duanmu Yao's come to visit! As the princess of Western Zhou, she's here to make a marriage alliance by choosing her potential husband (crown prince Long Tianmo, young general Mu Qingwu, and Duke of Qin Long Feiye are the viable candidates). The emperor makes LFY spend time with DMY publicly before he agrees to LFY's terms to leave the fate of the entire Han family and HYX to LFY to decide. Unfortunately, HYX catches them and wonders if they have something between them and feels a little sad.

There's a funny scene where HYX meets GBY in a restaurant that happens to be owned by Gu Qishao. Because GQS was being an annoying flirting busbody, HYX decides to leave with GBY....and runs into LFY and DMY coming into the same restaurant. So she turns around and pulls GBY and GQS back in the private room with her again and pretends to enjoy her meal. She's actually pretty happy until GQS ruins the mood by saying LFY might end up marrying DMY to secure the alliance between Tianning and Western Zhou.

Then she loses her appetite and leaves, only to see DMY and LFY sitting at the table closest to their private room instead of going to a private room themselves. She pretends not to care and leaves. LFY watches her go and leaves soon afterwards. He actually hadn't eaten anything...and basically dumps DMY. She gets mad that LFY's chosen HYX over her again...

Back in chapter 88, we heard Mu Liuyue talk to Han Ruoxue about Princess Changping's annual Plum Blossom Meet, which is basically like a big party for noble families to view the plum blossoms. Anyways, it's time for that so Princess Changping invites HYX as part of a scheme. Meanwhile, Murong Wanru secretly meets with her before the party to plot things together since Grand Concubine Yi is being nicer to Yunxi now.

Anyways, both Murong Wanru and HYX go to the Plum Blossom Meet, where HYX wows and wins against all the girls (and some guys) in composing poetry and drinking wine. Afterwards, she's drunk so she goes to rooms prepared on the side to sleep it off. But Princess Changping has someone drug one of the guys who was competing with her with an aphrodisiac and has her people set him into her locked room.

HYX almost gets taken advantage of until her detox system alarms go off, because the aphrodisiac is a type of poison. She wakes up just in time, knocks the guy out temporarily, and escapes through the window (because they locked her door from the outside). There she catches Murong Wanru talking with one of Princess Changping's eunuch about the plan. When the eunuch goes off to call Princess Changping and the others, HYX knocks out Murong Wanru and throws her into the room with the drunk guy, who wakes up soon afterwards....

Then she pretends to go to the bathroom while the eunuch brings Princess Changping over with the rest of the guests, claiming that the drunk guy had wandered off somewhere near where Qin Wangfei was sleeping. They open the room and Changping screams when she realizes the drunk guy is sitting on top of Murong Wanru. All of the other guests see too, and HYX arrives just in time to denounce Changping and the guy both.

Murong Wanru runs off in tears but it's already too late, her reputation is ruined. The Plum Blossom Meet is cancelled right then and there and HYX tells Princess Changping she better come over to their house to properly apologize. Changping and the drunk guy both go, along with the drunk guy's parents, and basically it ends up with him "taking responsibility" by getting engaged to Wanru. Of course Wanru doesn't want to, but she doesn't dare say anything about why or how she got there, because she knows HYX will insist on investigating if she does, and maybe expose her entire plot.

Then there's a little bit where Duanmu Yao visits the family to butter up GCY (who likes her since she's talented and has status). HYX excuses herself from dinner to avoid seeing her, but unexpectedly so does LFY. The two of them end up having dinner together outside while Duanmu Yao and GCY are left alone at home. LOL

Fast forward to New Year's Eve. There's a traditional family reunion around this time of year, so the imperial family holds a banquet and the Duke of Qin's family attends. DMY is there too as a guest of honor. Everyone basically treats HYX as an outsider and ignores her, except to tease about whether she's pregnant yet. HYX doesn't get the joke but gets embarrassed when she finally does...

Emperor Tianhui proposes that LFY and DMY marry, but LFY flatly refuses. This humiliates DMY, who runs off in a huff, spilling soup on HYX at the same time. GCY goes to comfort DMY while an angry Emperor Tianhui orders LFY to go "have a talk" with him. HYX excuses herself to get changed.

BIG BIG BIG SPOILERS AHEAD, so here's another tag.
    While she's waiting for her dry clothes she hears a crash from the room next door and investigates it, only to find Princess Changping collapsed on the floor. She wasn't present at the banquet because she was preparing a gift for the empress dowager. Anyways, HYX draws closer and realizes that Changping is already dead--from poison.

Changping's servant girl shows up, sees the scene, and screams. The rest of the imperial family show up too (except for DMY, GCY, and LFY/Emperor Tianhui). Immediately, HYX gets accused of poisoning Changping to death and gets locked up. The empress goes a little crazy and tries to torture her, but LFY comes in time to save her. She's given one day to solve the mystery of Changping's death, which ended up being an unfortunate accident related to the empress herself.

The empress goes insane as a result of grief and a guilty conscience. LFY and HYX go home, where it's revealed that LFY used the command tablet left to him by the previous emperor to get HYX out of prison. The command tablet basically has the same authority as the previous emperor and can't be disobeyed by another, even Emperor Tianhui. It was basically his second life/get out of jail card. GCY is incredulous and angry that he would "waste it" on HYX, but he says since it's his thing, he can do whatever he wants with it.

Emperor Tianhui is mad and still wants to get back at LFY, so he summons him to the palace and reads out an imperial decree basically commanding him to go to Western Zhou and plead for DMY's hand in marriage. (By now she's left Tianning after getting rejected.) LFY flat out refuses again, so Emperor Tianhui keeps him imprisoned in the palace. He doesn't let anyone in to see him.

GCY nearly loses her wits and worries that LFY will be stuck there for the rest of his life. That means she has no support and that the emperor is perfectly open to strip away all of the Duke of Qin's standing/position in the capital. HYX is depressed as well, until...

...a plague hits the capital. Long story short, no one can solve it until GBY figured out it was not a real illness, but related to poison, and suggests HYX to help. Emperor Tianhui doesn't want to, but since one of the sick people is the empress dowager's grandson, he's forced to summon HYX. Of course she works it out to her advantage by saying that only the Duke of Qin can help solve the crisis because there's a missing ingredient in her antidote that he can get. This way, she secures LFY's freedom and brings him home, earning points with GCY in the process.

Actually, LFY didn't really need her help to get out, but accepts it anyways. Lol.

So to get the one crucial ingredient, HYX and LFY go to Pill Fiend Valley with Gu Beiyue (because he can help with getting other ingredients since he has experience picking them out as a doctor). HYX and LFY end up sitting on the same horse because HYX...doesn't know how to ride one properly, lol.

Unfortunately, Pill Fiend isn't home, Steward Ming says he was too shellshocked after HYX found the plants in his last test and disappeared for months. Fortunately, right at that time Gu Qishao shows up (cocky as always) with the exact ingredient they need. He trades it to them for a favor: they need to help him get a certain sapling from Medicine City.

LFY agrees to go right then, and tells HYX to return to the capital. HYX asks to go with GQS and LFY because she wants to see the city. LFY doesn't want to agree, but changes his mind with GQS offers to take her instead (ooh, jealousy). They leave everything up to GBY to take care of instead.

(Part 2 to be continued in post below)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  18. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    At Medicine City, GQS reveals that they have to "steal" the sapling he wants from a certain medical family (the Mus), and suggests they stake out the place/security separately. While the men go off their own ways, HYX sneaks to an auction place and does shopping. But in actuality, GQS goes directly to the Mu medical family and hangs out with its successor, a young girl named Mu Linger who has a crush on him. As it turns out, the sapling isn't with the Mu family, but the Xie family.

GQS only told LFY it was the Mu family so they could catch LFY in an ambush when he came to "steal" the stuff. Sneaky! Meanwhile, LFY isn't doing any investigating at all, but drinking tea with the patriarch of the Wang family. A little explanation here, there are three big medical families in Medicine City, with the most powerful being the Mu Family, followed by the Wang and Xie families. The Wang family used to be the most powerful until the Mu family found powerful backers to amp up their strength.

Anyways, so LFY and the Wang Clan head are enjoying their tea when they get a report that the Mu Clan head brought an outsider into the forest in the middle of Medicine City, which is basically against the rules. Not only that, the Mu Clan Head and the outsider are heading deep into the center of the woods, where its most mysterious, poisonous place exist. LFY decides to investigate the poison and has his subordinate Chu Xifeng bring HYX over. HYX makes Chu Xifeng pay for her auction goods before she agrees to leave. xD

So HYX and LFY go to the center of the forest and discovers a poison pond where the outsider dude is cultivating new strains of poisonous plants. Since they're the first of their kind, no one else would have the antidote to them if they were cultivated successfully. That makes things super dangerous. More than that, they recognize the outsider dude as the masked man who was head of the Northern Li spies.

Someone catches them there, and a fight breaks out. HYX almost gets taken hostage again while LFY pretends to get poisoned by the masked man's weapons so he can lower his guard. Then he makes a surprise attack against them. Eventually, LFY and HYX manage to escape, but not before HYX focuses on the poison pond and absorbs it and its plants all into her detox system, making it disappear into thin air. (Remember how she could take things in and out of it like storage? This is where her cheat comes in handy.)

Unfortunately, since it takes a lot of mental effort to absorb an entire pool + plants, she blacks out and ends up in a coma for 3~5 days. LFY's by her side the entire time, ehehe. Finally, they get back to the inn where an impatient GQS's been waiting for them for days. He's secretly angry that LFY didn't fall for his trick to sneak into the Mu Family grounds, then humiliated when Chu Xifeng brings the sapling he wants a few minutes later. HYX ends up laughing at GQS who starts holding a stronger grudge against LFY for making him lose face in front of his favorite girl.

LFY and HYX make it back to the capital and get some well-deserved rest. But then HYX gets the news that the Han family's been accused of malpractice. One of their doctors put a trace amount of poison into a cold prescription that killed a patient, who's daughter went to the local courts to cry injustice.

HYX goes to court and sees the odds stacked against then. Then the justice courts arrive with an order from the empress dowager to take the case to them (sort of like taking it to the Supreme Court, one level up) and HYX realizes it's another ploy of the empress dowager to ruin her/the Han family. She doesn't react but agrees readily, adopting a "wait and watch" attitude to see how far the empress dowager's willing to go.

As it turns out, the empress dowager not only wants to close down the Han family's last remaining clinic in the capital, but revoke their rights to practice medicine in Tianning and confiscate everything in their storehouse as liquid assets. HYX makes short work of that by proving the "malpractice" doctor couldn't have killed the victim. She then takes it a step further by making the justice courts pay the Han family compensation for wasting their time in gold taels within 10 days.

The justice courts are forced to agree, but since they don't have that much money, they're forced to ask the palace/empress dowager to provide the cash instead. Because the empress dowager can't afford to offend public opinion, she has no choice but to agree with clenched teeth. Mwahaha.

Meanwhile, it turns out that the entire plot was cooked up by Murong Wanru, who secretly betrayed Grand Concubine Yi to work for the empress dowager. MRWR feels that GCY's been siding too much with Yunxi nowadays so she found the empress dowager as her new backer. Because their plot failed (and lost the empress dowager a heck lot of money), the empress dowager pressures her into marrying the drunk guy from the banquet by the end of the month. MRWR ends up miserable...

GCY and HYX get all buddy-buddy while preparing for Wanru's upcoming wedding. Of course GCY's still worried and concerned about Wanru, but since Wanru's angry and avoiding her, she doesn't know. The day before the wedding, Long Feiye shows up, and Wanru assumes it's because he's here to send her off as her big brother. But that's not the case at all...as we move into our next arc.

Whew! So that's all that's coming up. Have fun with that. xD

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ruyi You keep typing GBY instead of GCY

20. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    T u T i was in a hurry....me fix now....